Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 1025R with Milsco V5300 seat

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 12:34 AM
    Thanks

Thumbs up 1025R with Milsco V5300 seat

This is definitely an improvement! I was in a hurry, so I just bolted the new seat on with the 2 forward bolts. Taking it easy, I mowed for 2 hrs and the next day spent 3+ hrs with the land plane. Incredible!

Even my wife noticed that I didn't complain about a sore stiff back after mowing.

This was with the new suspension seat bolted on top of the lousy floppy bucking bronco JD 260 backhoe swivel seat mount. Now I'll go ahead and fab up a proper mount for the new seat without the swivel. I don't have any backhoe jobs coming soon and I've done a lot of backhoe work making long trenches by just turning my body sideways to work the hoe. That's faster than getting off and on to move forward when making long trenches. Maybe I can figure a mod to the swivel mount to take out the slop and lower it at the same time or lower it and anchor it down.

Thanks to the guys on GTT who led me to this seat. I wish I had done this at 10 hrs instead of 300+ hrs.
    glc, Danny D, Levi and 6 others like this.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    We do expect photos and a full "how to" write up of the finished product.....
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    PICS, there has to be pics!!!
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

Thumbs up Milsco V5300 seat - more

I got the seat from Seat Warehouse after reviewing prices, availability, and shipping costs online. Seat Warehouse had a variety of seats, but after checking sizes and features, the V5300 seemed like the best choice. I'm not only happy with the seat, but I'm also very pleased with Seat Warehouse. The delivery truck dropped, and I do mean dropped, the seat in front of my shop when no one was home. A hole in the side of the carton attested to rough handling. The seat had been in the driveway for about a week while we were out of town. After putting the seat on the 1025R I realized that the adjustment mechanism for the left arm rest was broken - the arm rest just sagged down if any pressure was on it. I knew it'd be impossible to claim the damage and get a settlement from the trucking company, so I tried gluing the plastic part. That was unsuccessful so I called Seat Warehouse and explained the problem, asking if I could just buy the part. The man there asked me to email a photo of the piece so he could be sure of the exact part in question. The next day he emailed back that the part would arrive free of charge via priority mail. That's good service on top of the best price and free shipping.
    Danny D, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minuteman17 For This Useful Post:

kelchm (11-03-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I have debated about the V5300 for my 2305 for years. I got a $100 suspension seat last spring and though it’s better I have promised myself to get the Milsco this winter. I have scoured the inter webs for years and have lots of photos etc. Your delivery/damage experience is a common part of the stories I have read. I’m glad Seat Warehouse was good to work with. Thanks for your post.

Bob
    Danny D, Levi, Minuteman17 and 3 others like this.
    2006 2305, 880 hours, 200CX FEL, Imatch (stationary hook), Frontier 1060E RFM, BB2048L, LR1060L, JD403 rotary cutter, Wallenstein CAN BX42, Since Tractor Time With Tim: Artillian forks, Front Hoe, 3PT adaptor, 2" receiver plate, Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket, HH Tooth bar, HH ripper/middle buster.
    Used 2014 X324 AWS 48"/Powerflo bags; 2011 Craigslist: X540 54”, MC519/Powerflo, 48 front blade; ‘78 316K/33 tiller. ‘80 314 project.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

Thumbs up 1025R Milsco seat fitment

OK. Here in NorCal the Camp Fire smoke is so bad I really can't work outside, so I finally figured out how to get this seat to fit properly without a lot of cutting and magical fab work.

This Milsco V5300 seat can fit on a 2016 1025R with rotating backhoe seat easily. Just remove the stock seat and with a pry bar, pop out those lousy JD springs. This is easy with the seat mount horizontal. Don't try it with seat tilted forward.

Now check for sloppy lateral play and straighten the front mounts so your seat platform is not moving sideways because of bent front mounts. Try sliding the seat platform laterally and you'll probably see a lot of slop where the platform hinges forward. A large Crescent wrench is a good tool for this work. Photos of this in tomorrow's post.

Now use a dry film spray lube on all of the moving parts. Your seat platform should be easy to tilt forward and rotate upward as if you were turning the seat for backhoe use.

Sorry about the tease, but tomorrow you'll get the photos and instructions on modifying the Milsco seat tracks to fit the JD seat platform. This is pretty easy. I hope posting the photos is as easy as the work on the seat mount was today. Oh, you must do a short cut on the JD platform, too. Photos tomorrow.

This seat is a fantastic improvement. I put about 50 hrs on the tractor with this seat perched up high and still rocking around like the stock back hoe seat does. Then I figured out how to get this new seat lower and solid without any fab work. And it still turns to raise like it did originally without that slop and with the suspension of the V5300 Milsco seat. Today after getting this job done, and despite the horrible air quality, I mowed 1.5 acres and it was like riding on a cloud - and my place isn't perfectly level like a golf course, despite the work I've done. With it mounted at the property height and by using the fwd/aft adjustments, it's sure a huge improvement.

Now who wants the 1025R seat with arm rests? Never overnight outdoors, looks like new. More tomorrow after I get photos out of the camera.
    Last edited by Minuteman17; 11-18-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    glc, Danny D, Levi and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Thanks
    650 with that seat,,, IIRC,,,

This seat suits my 36" inseam,, no short people have tried to drive the tractor,,,
    glc, Danny D, Levi and 3 others like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman17 View Post
    OK. Here in NorCal the Camp Fire smoke is so bad I really can't work outside, so I finally figured out how to get this seat to fit properly without a lot of cutting and magical fab work.

This Milsco V5300 seat can fit on a 2016 1025R with rotating backhoe seat easily. Just remove the stock seat and with a pry bar, pop out those lousy JD springs. This is easy with the seat mount horizontal. Don't try it with seat tilted forward.

Now check for sloppy lateral play and straighten the front mounts so your seat platform is not moving sideways because of bent front mounts. Try sliding the seat platform laterally and you'll probably see a lot of slop where the platform hinges forward. A large Crescent wrench is a good tool for this work. Photos of this in tomorrow's post.

Now use a dry film spray lube on all of the moving parts. Your seat platform should be easy to tilt forward and rotate upward as if you were turning the seat for backhoe use.

Sorry about the tease, but tomorrow you'll get the photos and instructions on modifying the Milsco seat tracks to fit the JD seat platform. This is pretty easy. I hope posting the photos is as easy as the work on the seat mount was today. Oh, you must do a short cut on the JD platform, too. Photos tomorrow.

This seat is a fantastic improvement. I put about 50 hrs on the tractor with this seat perched up high and still rocking around like the stock back hoe seat does. Then I figured out how to get this new seat lower and solid without any fab work. And it still turns to raise like it did originally without that slop and with the suspension of the V5300 Milsco seat. Today after getting this job done, and despite the horrible air quality, I mowed 1.5 acres and it was like riding on a cloud - and my place isn't perfectly level like a golf course, despite the work I've done. With it mounted at the property height and by using the fwd/aft adjustments, it's sure a huge improvement.

Now who wants the 1025R seat with arm rests? Never overnight outdoors, looks like new. More tomorrow after I get photos out of the camera.
    I'd be interested in your 1025R seat if the price and shipping makes it worthwhile for the two of us.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    Seat warehouse has a swivel seat with air ride for 399. Search for #hb. I wonder if this would completely repace the entire seat set up on a 1025R FILB? My not be a Milco...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman17 View Post

As promised, here's how I did this seat swap:
    READ THE DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE STARTING THIS PROJECT. Thanks.

Sorry, but I couldn't manipulate the photos to be in the correct order. It took longer to write this up than to do the work.

TOOLS:
    Hammer and drift punch or bench press
    Center punch to mark holes
    5/16" drill bit
    5/16 - 18 tap
    file
    tape measure
    1/2" socket
    1/2" wrench
    7/16" wrench
    hacksaw
    pry bar (not shown in photo)

The first problem is that the bolt holes for the JD seat don't match up with the Milsco seat tracks.
    The second problem is fitting the neutral safety switch to the new seat. DON"T do this mod until you figure it out or until I do.
    When I do, I'll post the solution.

First: Remove the JD seat by tilting it forward.
    Second: Remove the neutral safety switch from the bottom of the seat.
    Third: Unbolt the seat and set it aside.

That was easy and it won't get any tougher as you mod the new seat tracks to fit the JD 260 Backhoe seat mount.

1. Remove the tracks from the bottom of the Milsco seat. Save the bolts and the plastic spacers that are between the tracks and the seat.
    2. Remove the rear stud from the Milsco seat track by pressing it out with a vice. Use a good 5/16 nut flush with the end of the stud so you don't warp the stud threads or bend the stud. Be careful you don't spread or bend the seat tracks. A regular press would have been better, but I don't have one - yet. See the photo of the track in the vice.
    3. Drill a new 5/16" hole in the track 9 3/8" (center to center) from the forward stud. Be careful - this new hole has to be in the center of the track and exactly 9 3/8" from the forward stud so the new stud and the forward stud will fit into the JD seat platform.
    4. Re-thread that new hole with a 5/16-18 tap. Screw the stud in as far as it will go, then press it firmly into the track. I used a punch and large hammer to press the stud into the new hole. See the track photo. The rear stud is in the new hole leaving the aft hole vacant.
    5. Trial fit the tracks to the JD seat platform. They should fit into the stock holes without binding if you did #3 and #4 correctly.
    6. Cut all of the the studs off so they are 3/4" long and dress the threads with a file. I did this with the power hacksaw. Old timer trick: before you cut the stud, put a good 5/16 nut onto the stud below where you will cut it, then cut the stud, dress the sharp edges with a file and unscrew the nut. That ensures your threads are in good shape.
    7. Using the bolts and plastic spacers you originally removed from the new seat and with the seat upside down, reinstall the adjustable track on the left side using the inner hole of the seat bottom. Again using the plastic spacers, reinstall the slave track on the right side of the seat bottom using the outer mounting holes.
    8. Cut off the edge of the seat base/platform at the rear edge. It isn't straight across horizontally when the seat platform is down. Look at it from the rear of the tractor and you'll see how it slopes up on the right side. Cut off that rear edge so it's straight horizontally. The power hacksaw made quick work of it when the base was tilted forward. The photo shows this with the seat base tilted forward. See the photo for where to cut it off. That little raised edge will prevent the new seat from sitting down fully level on the backhoe seat platform. The power hacksaw made easy work of this.
    9. Remove the two big springs from under the JD seat platform. I used a pry bar with the platform in the down position and was able to pry upwards and sideways at the bottom of the springs. When they pop out, the seat base will want to lower. Watch your fingers.
    10. Place the new seat carefully (don't bend or wreck the studs) onto the seat platform and bolt it down.
    11. I used safety wire across the seat neutral safety switch to compress the switch, thereby disabling that feature. I'll figure out how and where to mount it later.
    If you want that feature to work, DON"T do this until you figure out how to mount the switch on the new seat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tools.jpg   vice press out stud.jpg   track with repositioned stud.jpg   already cut off.jpg   cut off to repaint it.jpg  

seat left side.jpg   seat rt side.jpg   tractor.jpg  
    Last edited by Minuteman17; 11-19-2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Minuteman17 For This Useful Post:

Danny D (04-28-2019), DanW (01-11-2019), John Deere 1025R TLB (11-27-2018), Levi (11-20-2018), NotYourGrandfathersDeere (01-11-2019), pcabe5 (11-27-2018), PJR832 (11-24-2018), wentonbrown (11-19-2018)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast