I got the call today about the current trade in deal that Deere is offering on the..
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: I got the call today about the current trade in deal that Deere is offering on the..

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:12 AM
    Thanks

I got the call today about the current trade in deal that Deere is offering on the..

I have a 2014 1025r and Deere is going to make me a trade offer for it tomorrow for the 2018. My question is, is the new model really better or am I going to miss the old one. I use this for landscaping and it has to do with about 50% of my income so this is something I want to get right. My biggest concern is will it lift as much as the 2014 model PTO wiseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1168.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	650308. I have a aera-vator that the 2014 barely lifts but works great with. And NO, getting a bigger Tractor to tear up customers yard is not a option. I just would like some feed back if anyone has had both model's.
    Levi, Jep and Boonie like this.
    1025r (The Baby Tractor or the Mistress as the wife calls it) FILB with pallet forks, Front Quick Hitch with 54'' Snow Plow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    What caused you to consider upgrading to the 2018? Hours? mechanical problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckteeth445 View Post
    What caused you to consider upgrading to the 2018? Hours? mechanical problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and what is the trade in deal.. haven't looked at JD site.
    Levi likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks
    I don’t know that there is a noticeable difference in performance. Last year I bought what was supposed to be a 2017 MY but turned out to be a 2015 MY that had sat outside for a couple NE winters and summers. I traded last month for a 2018 FILB and can’t say that it’s a noticeable difference. Other than the fact that now getting my auto connect mower deck on is more of a manual process because nothing lines up like it did on the previous unit.

2018 1025R TLB (120R/260B), 54" MMM auto connect/mulch, 54" rear snow blower (SB1154), 60” FEL mounted snow blade (AF10F), iMatch, Heavy Hitch and bolt on toothbar, Ken's bolt on hooks, diff lock, seat springs.
    North585, Levi and buckteeth445 like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Thanks
    I don't believe there were any changes in the 3-point hitch.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I don't believe there were any changes in the 3-point hitch.
    Right... there doesn't appear to have been any changes to the 1025R engine, drive train or hydraulics since it first came out. I believe there have been little changes here and there like the PTO switch, air cleaner mount and a few other cosmetic items. Certainly nothing to warrant trading in unless you have high hours or your unit has been problematic.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmule View Post
    I have a aera-vator that the 2014 barely lifts but works great with. And NO, getting a bigger Tractor to tear up customers yard is not a option. I just would like some feed back if anyone has had both model's.
    If you're happy with the tractor you have, consider shimming the pump if that's feasible.

I like the look of the AeroVator. Looks like it gets down to business!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    The crappy taller roll bar and the fact that the floor, lower dash panel are difficult to remove to gain top access to the drive shaft u joint is enough to hault me from even considering a 2018 unit.

When ever something is changed to make it worse I think twice about anything else that is not obvious.

In fact the earliest 1023E and 1026R are far better machines. No yellow knob for backing up, no snowblower driveshaft sensor, lower up right roll bar, tach that always reads engine RPM’s, cardian u joint front drive shaft, more horse power, and Japanese ball bearings instead of china crap.
    bob, Tomfive, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    The crappy taller roll bar and the fact that the floor, lower dash panel are difficult to remove to gain top access to the drive shaft u joint is enough to hault me from even considering a 2018 unit.

When ever something is changed to make it worse I think twice about anything else that is not obvious.

In fact the earliest 1023E and 1026R are far better machines. No yellow knob for backing up, no snowblower driveshaft sensor, lower up right roll bar, tach that always reads engine RPM’s, cardian u joint front drive shaft, more horse power, and Japanese ball bearings instead of china crap.
    And no small key slot to open the hood.
    Tomfive and BigJim55 like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:12 AM
    Thanks
    I don't know the dealer call and said they are looking for use low hour tractors and had some kind of promotion on them. Probably a lie. They want to sell me a new one with just the loader for 14350 and give me a trade in value of 9350 on my current one with a hard 350 hours on it. Since I'm using this for my business having a shiny new tractor is appealing, and the 6 year power train warranty would be nice. And I can finance a attachment with it for zero percent for 60 months. Something I wouldn't get to do any other way. I do have a small hydraulic leak around the 4x4 shaft where it go into the transmission. I was bush hogging and got a bunch of vines wrapped around the shaft and they got into the seal. I've warped the front end loader from using the forks to break trees. And have over loaded the quick connects for the front end loader. One of them leaks. I've used this thing more as a skidder than a tractor and it's held up well.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1025r (The Baby Tractor or the Mistress as the wife calls it) FILB with pallet forks, Front Quick Hitch with 54'' Snow Plow.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast