55 Amp Alternator Back Ordered - No ETA?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 55 Amp Alternator Back Ordered - No ETA?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-13-2019 @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks

55 Amp Alternator Back Ordered - No ETA?

Hi all,

New here! Pulled the trigger on getting the 1025R three weeks ago and still waiting for delivery! (Patience is one of my last remaining virtues) Delay is the 35 Amp Alternator upgrade I ordered as recommended to handle the cab amenities is back ordered with no ETA. Any insight if this a country-wide issue? Dealer who seem like fine folks says it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Isnít the standard alternator 35 amp?

There are plenty of aftermarket alternators in excess of 35 amp that will provide more efficient recharging. Prices are low some well under 100 bucks.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    Isnít the standard alternator 35 amp?

There are plenty of aftermarket alternators in excess of 35 amp that will provide more efficient recharging. Prices are low some well under 100 bucks.
    According to JD Parts the standard alternator is 40 AMP (LVA12357).

Part Number: LVA12357
    Part Price: 369.64 USD
    Core Value: (50.00 USD)
    End Price With Core Return: 319.64 USD
    On Hand: 0 Check Other Stores
    Description: Alternator - ALTERNATOR-40 AMP,W/SEALED REGULATO
    Package Quantity: 1

The Build Your Own configurator lists a 55 AMP alternator as an option.

Part Number: LVB25015
    Part Price: 313.51 USD
    On Hand: 1 Check Other Stores
    Description: Alternator Kit - ALTERNATOR KIT, KIT, ALTERNATOR UPG
    Package Quantity: 1

Interesting how the higher capacity alternator is less expensive than the standard one. BTW, as you can see... my dealer shows a 55A alternator in stock.
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Sorry, you guys are right...it’s the 55 amp. My dealer says they might show up “in stock” online but no one get them right now.
    BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    I think you should have a talk with the parts manager at your dealer as I looked at a hand full of dealers and found two dealers I searched also show the 55 amp alternator in stock. While your dealers "new parts order" may be showing a back order, Your dealer should be able to get one of these alternators from another dealer as these 55 amp alternators appear to be out there in other dealers inventory.

If they do a "Machine Down" search on their parts system, the inventory of all dealers will show up and they can see who has the parts they need. I think there might be a small cost to obtain the parts through the Machine Down process, like additional "priority freight" type charges, but if that's what's standing between you and your tractor being delivered, someone should make it happen.

Your dealer could get everything installed and just leave the fuses out of the extra accessories so you can't operate them until you get the larger alternator. Truth be known, you could probably run the front wiper and the blower motor in the stock 40 amp alternator, it's when you add the other options and use them simultaneously you really stretch the 40 amp alternator's limits.

It's a good idea to have the extra 15 amps of alternator power because you will likely be adding rear facing LED light(s) and the cab upgrade already includes the front wiper, rear wiper, heater blower motor, cab interior light, revolving safety light, stereo and blue tooth, rear view camera and flat screen monitor

Cup holder warmer / cooler (seasonal selection), Mini Fridge, Microwave, flat screen TV, auto adjusting satellite TV and internet dish, electrical 7 way heated and cooled luxury seat, etc.....

Ok, so the options shown in italics are truly optional options.......Also, with the auto adjusting satellite TV and internet dish on the cab roof, it no longer will clear your typical 7' overhead garage door..... probably won't clear an 8 foot overhead door either....

Seriously, here is what the heater section on the roof of the Mauser cab looks like with the roof panel removed and the electrical connections and switches are on each side, where the wiring is shown.

Electrical switches inside the cab left and right.... on the right side of my cab switches is the microphone for the blue tooth in the stereo for talking on the phone. I have since added another switch in the opening where the micro phone is located. Also, the bottom switch on the right shows the fuse door for that switch opened, it just snaps shut.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171120_123433060.jpg IMG_20171121_131236682.jpg IMG_20171121_131247204.jpg
    DRobinson, BigJim55 and Toughsox like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 01:56 PM
    Thanks

alternator

most current part # is BLV11188 and there are none in the deere system , there are still a few dealers that have the old part #
    Toughsox likes this.
    2018 JD 2025R , 120R FEL , 54" MMM , 450 pto tiller , BB2048L box blade

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I think you should have a talk with the parts manager at your dealer as I looked at a hand full of dealers and found two dealers I searched also show the 55 amp alternator in stock. While your dealers "new parts order" may be showing a back order, Your dealer should be able to get one of these alternators from another dealer as these 55 amp alternators appear to be out there in other dealers inventory.
    Thanks for the great info and humor Sulley! and the pics....I'm feeling not so patient anymore!
    BigJim55 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Agreed. The parts status I showed above is from JD Parts, not just a random on-line stock status. I have found it to be quite accurate at showing what my local dealer has on-hand at their 5 locations.

It shows (1) on hand in Halifax and (2) on hand in Watsontown. You could sign in right now and purchase this part. If you register on JD Parts you can check stock on your local dealers as well.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks
    I wonder what is different about the new part? I don't recall hearing about any issues with the old 55amp alternators.

On a separate note those switches on the Mauser are slick. Fuse right there easy to get to. Only thing better would have been breakers. Just push to reset and your back in business assuming it was an overload and not a dead short.

Hope your part comes in quick and post pics of the new cab. I sure wish I had one for these New England winters.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybats View Post
    I wonder what is different about the new part? I don't recall hearing about any issues with the old 55amp alternators.
    JD is constantly superseding parts. It is rare for them to divulge the reason. It could simply be that the supplier changed.
    BigJim55 and Ray_PA like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast