Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 1-series low MMM transport height compared with Kubota BX

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,256 Posts

1-series low MMM transport height compared with Kubota BX

One are where I feel JD really screwed the pooch on the 1-series is with the transport height of the MMM deck. The 1-series I have observed seem to barely be able to get the deck off the ground even when transporting. This is especially true when using the mechanical lift arms attached to the 3PH.

I have seen 1-series with the 3PH all the way up and the deck is still all but touching the ground. This makes it pretty much mandatory that you remove the deck prior to doing any dirt work.

Kubota seems to have done a much better job with their advertised 6" ground clearance on the MMM deck.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BX-deck.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

I have seen 1-series with the 3PH all the way up and the deck is still all but touching the ground. This makes it pretty much mandatory that you remove the deck prior to doing any dirt work.
    Just to add, it also only takes 30 seconds to remove the auto connect deck, mine goes on to mow and then comes right back off. Sounds like Kabota trying to compensate for the lack of ease of removal.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Thanks
    Big deal Kubota has 6 inches! We all know its not the height of the deck it's how you use it! AKA autoconnect.
    DRobinson, ejb69, jgayman and 7 others like this.
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks
    It also goes back to setup. My 60” deck on my 1025r has 5” clearance when in the lock position. I do have the independent lift on mine. I do remove the mower when doing any heavy loader work. It’s just so simple to do it why leave it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Just to add, it also only takes 30 seconds to remove the auto connect deck, mine goes on to mow and then comes right back off. Sounds like Kabota trying to compensate for the lack of ease of removal.
    Same here. Mowed my 5ish acre field Saturday evening. Removed bucket and box blade (no quick hitch) and installed the mower in less than 5 minutes. Repeated backwards when done. I never have the mower attached when not mowing. I like to run wide open and bounce around too much without it getting in the way. Plus the tractor looks more pimp without the belly mower hanging there.

2018 1025R, 120R Loader, 60D MMM, BB2048, RC2048
    etcallhome and Levi like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 02:48 PM
    Thanks
    Yup, what all they all said above me...why need ground clearance when the mower is so easy to remove. I don't have a MMM, but if I did and spent the $$ on it, no way would I have it on the tractor when doing any other ground work.
    Levi, W9GFO and PJR832 like this.
    1975 JD 400
    1978 JD 316
    2018 JD 1025R

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I think their new drive-over deck is a lot easier to remove. Anyway, I know what you all are saying but on these forums and locally I see a lot of 1-series folks doing loader work with the MMM deck anti-scalp wheels grazing the ground.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I think their new drive-over deck is a lot easier to remove. Anyway, I know what you all are saying but on these forums and locally I see a lot of 1-series folks doing loader work with the MMM deck anti-scalp wheels grazing the ground.
    I do too and I get that storage is a big issue for many but it's far too easy to damage something and waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy to remove.
    etcallhome, ColonyPark and Levi like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    JD iMATCH
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 973 Posts
    I guess this is an issue for me, but one I've come to just accept. I do find it silly that even in transport, there are a few spots along my driveway that if I drive off into the grass, the deck (not just the gauge wheels) will definitely hit/hang up on the edge of the asphalt due to the change in grade. So I just avoid going off the driveway in those areas. Yes the deck is easy to take off and on. But sometimes, I know what my week ahead is and that it won't involve any seat time between cuttings or so little that it's a waste of time and energy to remove the MMM. You know when I only need to take a FEL full of sticks that fell out of a tree across my lawn to dump them at the edge of the woods. So yes, a higher transport height would be nice, but?????? I would like to see more range in adjustment of the MMM cut height. I seem to have 3 heights: scalp, low enough to be able to tell I mowed, but only for no more than 48 hours afterwards, and transport height.

But it's still a great machine!
    HydroHarold, Levi, Jeff B and 2 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    I would like to see more range in adjustment of the MMM cut height. I seem to have 3 heights: scalp, low enough to be able to tell I mowed, but only for no more than 48 hours afterwards, and transport height.

Seems they've made some vast improvements in 6 years, mine has all of the above mentioned settings but they added a fourth. I also have a setting for flattop, 1-2" in the center but zeroed out on the sides.
    Seriously, for my yard the 54d was a little better than my 60d, just too many quick changes in terrain, but I do like the 60d better despite this.
    ColonyPark and Levi like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    JD iMATCH
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Elk Creek Acres

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast