• 1 Post By johnH123

Thread: oil and filters

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 11:54 AM
    Thanks

oil and filters

Hello

I have to change the hydraulic transmission oil and front axle shaft of my JD 1026R.

this can go good (j20C) ?
    20 litri John Deere HY-Gard ldraulici - e olio trasmissione (UTTO): Amazon.it: Fai da te

For engine oil which one can I use?

Thanks
    Nicola
    John Deere 1026 R
    year 2012
    Autoconnect 54 D
    http://www.deleks.com/it/pale-ribalt...-trattore.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Nicola,

First, good to see you here again.

Here's some screen-shots from the owners manual. And the link to the owners manual for your tractor. Hope it works for you. OMLVU25864

Attachment 652590

Attachment 652592

Attachment 652594

The amount of oil for the transmission and the front axle shows to be 15.1L total, so that 20L jug is more than enough. When I did mine early this year I actually used more like 16L total when I was done, so having a little extra to top off the system is a good thing.

The link to Amazon you posted shows it to be regular Hy-Gard oil. Many of us in the states use the Lo-Vis Hy-Gard. It depends on the expected temperature you'll be operating the tractor in. The Lo-Vis is better (and recommended) for temperatures below -10°C, and works well up to 40°C. See the chart.

Engine oil: Plus-50 is what I use. 15W40. In my tractor, that's what's recommended for my area. Again, it's based on expected temperatures.

Hope this helps. You might try a Web search for john deere operators manual. You might be able to find it in Italian, if it's easier for you to read.
    Herminator likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 11:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Nicola,

First, good to see you here again.

Here's some screen-shots from the owners manual. And the link to the owners manual for your tractor. Hope it works for you. OMLVU25864

Attachment 652590

Attachment 652592

Attachment 652594

The amount of oil for the transmission and the front axle shows to be 15.1L total, so that 20L jug is more than enough. When I did mine early this year I actually used more like 16L total when I was done, so having a little extra to top off the system is a good thing.

The link to Amazon you posted shows it to be regular Hy-Gard oil. Many of us in the states use the Lo-Vis Hy-Gard. It depends on the expected temperature you'll be operating the tractor in. The Lo-Vis is better (and recommended) for temperatures below -10°C, and works well up to 40°C. See the chart.

Engine oil: Plus-50 is what I use. 15W40. In my tractor, that's what's recommended for my area. Again, it's based on expected temperatures.

Hope this helps. You might try a Web search for john deere operators manual. You might be able to find it in Italian, if it's easier for you to read.

Hi Kylew

excellent explanation, in my country Italy the temperatures range from -2 in winter you have + 36 in summer, so it is a medium climate.

So I can use a J20C, what do you think?

Thank you
    Nicola
    John Deere 1026 R
    year 2012
    Autoconnect 54 D
    http://www.deleks.com/it/pale-ribalt...-trattore.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Thanks
    You can get away with it probably, but you'll have to let it warm up a little longer.
    kylew likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Yes, according to the owners manual you can use the Hy-Gard with the J20C specification. J20D is a newer formula that replaces J20C, with better properties to the formula. Basically an updated version. If you order that oil in your Amazon link, don't be alarmed if you receive J20D. It would be better as it's the newer version.

For your climate the Hy-Gard will work fine, but as John mentioned, you may have to let it warm up some when you start the tractor. Things might seem sluggish and slow until it warms up. With the Lo-Vis Hy-Gard you don't notice it as much as its properties allow it to flow easier when is "cold". (Cold is a relative term to oil. 15°-20°C can be deemed "cold" to oil).

🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements