A lot of problem... But now everything is ok...
Like Tree42Likes
  • 18 Post By Dervakon
  • 6 Post By Jeff B
  • 5 Post By kylew
  • 4 Post By Dervakon
  • 2 Post By Jeff B
  • 7 Post By Dervakon

Thread: A lot of problem... But now everything is ok...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks

Thumbs up A lot of problem... But now everything is ok...

I don't know were to start.... December 5th 2017 my new 1025r come to my home, I'm really happy to see my dream come true. I got my snowblower attach to it and the rest of my implement are on a pallet in my garage. All winter, everything was fine and it was a joy to use it.

So spring come and I install my 260B backhoe on it, not easy the first time but after 3 hours to try to align the tractor and the BH I made it (Now it going faster ) I start my project at my new home, dig hole, remove stump, move rock etc. After couple hours using the backhoe, I saw hydraulic leaking under the control lever of the backhoe, at the same time I make quick spot check and I saw that the tie-rod and boot near the left front wheel was ripoff call the service and they come to my home, they had change all the seal of the control valve of the backhoe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP38952________UN15NOV06.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	652530

Couple week later, the tie-rod end boot, break again

Name:	IMG_1904.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	652520

They had come back to repair it without charging me because it was on the warranty

So, summer past I work with my tractor but I always got a feeling that the tractor wasn't giving me what it was suppose to do.
    Example,
    -I use a lot the BH to move rock with my thumb, but each time I try to lift a rock and place it the boom cylinder wasn't able to keep the charge so the backhoe him self was slowly falling down. Normally, I use 2500 RPM with the BH so I try to increase to 3200 RPM, nope the same thing.

-When I was moving my arm cylinder, I ear a sound come from the control valve of the backhoe, I though, this not normal, but I wasn't not so sure. I didn't investigate more.

-My backhoe who was falling down to the ground in a 1h when the tractor wasn't running.

-I wasn't able to level some floppy earth with my backhoe, when I try to swing the backhoe left or right, I didn't have enough power to do it

In beginning of September, I was digging my driveway with my BH, with a 16 inch bucket. I was at 4 feet deep with my bucket full of EARTH when I say to my self I will try to lift the BH with the Boom cylinder only... WHATTTTTT unable to lift that... oh boy I was

I go in my garage to take a weight balance, I got some pieces of stone in my backyard, that I weight. I extend the backhoe at is full length on the ground and put 205lbs on the bucket, I try to lift
    UNABLE. Go to see my manuel book and check the spec they said

Name:	IMG_1915.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	652522

So, I call my dealer and told them my experience about that, and there answer was I didn't make the test properly as per the book, blah blah... the adviser told me, I call you back. Ok... 2 days after guess what... youppi my Tie-Rod end boot was for the third time, destroy... Ok now it was enough, I recall my dealer because, first, the boot was destroy and second, they never call me back, So I wasn't so patient with him I told come to repair the boot and after I will sell that POS because I had enough. He say to me calm down and to send us my tractor, they will take care of it. Told him that I don't have a truck even a platform to transport it, he told me I will call you back...

Guest what... 1 week later, no call back, 2 week, nothing... after 2 1/2 week it's time that I take care of it

So, I did EXACTLY the test as per the book, I weight all pieces of stone even the chain and take picture of it

Name:	IMG_1916.JPG 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	652524

Name:	IMG_1908.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	652526

The total weight was the 213LBS and it fail to lift it. I write a huge Email to my dealer with all my experiment, with my picture... 30 min later, like pure magic, I receive a Email from the dealer, they will transport my tractor to the dealer (at there cost) and repair everything . so I reply back to them to call me before sending the tractor back because I want to try it to see if everything is ok.

After 1 week I received a call to pass to check if everything is fine, I try it and found some problem wasn't repair the way it was suppose to be. The backhoe was still falling down, I got a loose when I was rotating the backhoe left and right.

Two week pas and I saw the video of tractor time with Tim showing the new Air filter I write anthor Email with picture and explication, they said no problem we will change it.

So after 3 week I receive it today, and they are the reparation they have done;

- Increase the Hyd pump to the max as per the manuel ( they had say that mine was a little under spec)
    - Readjust my spooling valve
    - Change the Tie rod boot by a new model as per a Service Bulletin from JD
    - Install 2 washers on the swing cylinder
    - Install a new control valve
    - Change the air filter by the new one

The new control valve

Name:	IMG_1929.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	652528

Name:	IMG_1933.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	652538

The new tie-rod boot

Name:	IMG_1931.JPG 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	652534

The new air filter

Name:	IMG_1932.JPG 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	652536

After all this the only thing I can say is my dealer is taking care of me, I'm a proud member of the JD family, before that I was ready to sell my 1025R but now with all the support of my dealer I have no choice to bought a new one in 5 years.

I try it today, just a little because it was raining a lot, it is a lot better,

A huge thanks to Agritex St-Roch, Qc
    JD 1025R FILB 2017 (120R and 260B) with; Snowblower Frontier 1154, Fork 42" HLA, 12" Bucket & 16" Bucket, John Deere Thumb
    JD 160 mowing tracteur; 17p Cart
    BoltOnHook; Seat spring, Differential lock pedal

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dervakon For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (10-11-2018), Herminator (10-11-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck with your new tractor.
    My backhoe boom leaks down a little but I think it is normal.
    The picture of the new valve they installed on your last visit looks like it may be a Dual Pilot Check Valve.
    Was this an addition that they added to your machine or did it come with one that they determined was faulty?
    My slightly older 260 backhoe does not have one of those valves but it is a good thing to have.
    If the boom drifts down now it would most certainly be a worn piston seal in the cylinder.
    Here is hoping your troubles are all done for now on.
    Levi, BigJim55, Herminator and 3 others like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Thanks
    Very good to hear that they finally took care of your situations and got you happy. The 1025 really is a great machine. Here's hoping it continues to be for you
    Levi, BigJim55, Herminator and 2 others like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    The picture of the new valve they installed on your last visit looks like it may be a Dual Pilot Check Valve.
    Was this an addition that they added to your machine or did it come with one that they determined was faulty?
    They add the valve on my boom to correct the fault, they had test my boom cylinder to see if the seal was leaking and my cylinder is fine, I will work with next week after that I will have a better idea
    Levi, keane, Jeff B and 1 others like this.
    JD 1025R FILB 2017 (120R and 260B) with; Snowblower Frontier 1154, Fork 42" HLA, 12" Bucket & 16" Bucket, John Deere Thumb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dervakon For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (10-12-2018)

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervakon View Post
    They add the valve on my boom to correct the fault, they had test my boom cylinder to see if the seal was leaking and my cylinder is fine, I will work with next week after that I will have a better idea
    With a dual pilot check in the circuit any leak down should be significantly reduced.
    Good luck and let us know how everything works.
    Levi and Dervakon like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    So far so good, I dig a trench today and lift some rock, I'm happy with the result, the backhoe seem more stiff and precise. Now when I take a good rock and I extend the backhoe at is full length at 3 feet up ground it stay in place, nothing move. , but I lost my floater position on the backhoe, the valve cut the Hyd flow so unable to use it. I not something I use so not a big lost for me.

It really fun now, I can swing my backhoe to level my ground and I'm able to move some dirt left to right. I was really impress, because I try to move some hard dirt on ground using my swing cylinder left and right, I didn't succeed because my ground was to hard but I was able to move the tractor even if I got the stabilizer and the bucket down

Name:	IMG_1948.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	653078
    Kennyd, North585, Levi and 4 others like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dervakon For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (10-18-2018)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements