I don't know were to start.... December 5th 2017 my new 1025r come to my home, I'm really happy to see my dream come true. I got my snowblower attach to it and the rest of my implement are on a pallet in my garage. All winter, everything was fine and it was a joy to use it.
So spring come and I install my 260B backhoe on it, not easy the first time but after 3 hours to try to align the tractor and the BH I made it (Now it going faster ) I start my project at my new home, dig hole, remove stump, move rock etc. After couple hours using the backhoe, I saw hydraulic leaking under the control lever of the backhoe, at the same time I make quick spot check and I saw that the tie-rod and boot near the left front wheel was ripoff call the service and they come to my home, they had change all the seal of the control valve of the backhoe
Couple week later, the tie-rod end boot, break again
They had come back to repair it without charging me because it was on the warranty
So, summer past I work with my tractor but I always got a feeling that the tractor wasn't giving me what it was suppose to do.
-I use a lot the BH to move rock with my thumb, but each time I try to lift a rock and place it the boom cylinder wasn't able to keep the charge so the backhoe him self was slowly falling down. Normally, I use 2500 RPM with the BH so I try to increase to 3200 RPM, nope the same thing.
-When I was moving my arm cylinder, I ear a sound come from the control valve of the backhoe, I though, this not normal, but I wasn't not so sure. I didn't investigate more.
-My backhoe who was falling down to the ground in a 1h when the tractor wasn't running.
-I wasn't able to level some floppy earth with my backhoe, when I try to swing the backhoe left or right, I didn't have enough power to do it
In beginning of September, I was digging my driveway with my BH, with a 16 inch bucket. I was at 4 feet deep with my bucket full of EARTH when I say to my self I will try to lift the BH with the Boom cylinder only... WHATTTTTT unable to lift that... oh boy I was
I go in my garage to take a weight balance, I got some pieces of stone in my backyard, that I weight. I extend the backhoe at is full length on the ground and put 205lbs on the bucket, I try to lift
UNABLE. Go to see my manuel book and check the spec they said
So, I call my dealer and told them my experience about that, and there answer was I didn't make the test properly as per the book, blah blah... the adviser told me, I call you back. Ok... 2 days after guess what... youppi my Tie-Rod end boot was for the third time, destroy... Ok now it was enough, I recall my dealer because, first, the boot was destroy and second, they never call me back, So I wasn't so patient with him I told come to repair the boot and after I will sell that POS because I had enough. He say to me calm down and to send us my tractor, they will take care of it. Told him that I don't have a truck even a platform to transport it, he told me I will call you back...
Guest what... 1 week later, no call back, 2 week, nothing... after 2 1/2 week it's time that I take care of it
So, I did EXACTLY the test as per the book, I weight all pieces of stone even the chain and take picture of it
The total weight was the 213LBS and it fail to lift it. I write a huge Email to my dealer with all my experiment, with my picture... 30 min later, like pure magic, I receive a Email from the dealer, they will transport my tractor to the dealer (at there cost) and repair everything . so I reply back to them to call me before sending the tractor back because I want to try it to see if everything is ok.
After 1 week I received a call to pass to check if everything is fine, I try it and found some problem wasn't repair the way it was suppose to be. The backhoe was still falling down, I got a loose when I was rotating the backhoe left and right.
Two week pas and I saw the video of tractor time with Tim showing the new Air filter I write anthor Email with picture and explication, they said no problem we will change it.
So after 3 week I receive it today, and they are the reparation they have done;
- Increase the Hyd pump to the max as per the manuel ( they had say that mine was a little under spec)
- Readjust my spooling valve
- Change the Tie rod boot by a new model as per a Service Bulletin from JD
- Install 2 washers on the swing cylinder
- Install a new control valve
- Change the air filter by the new one
The new control valve
The new tie-rod boot
The new air filter
After all this the only thing I can say is my dealer is taking care of me, I'm a proud member of the JD family, before that I was ready to sell my 1025R but now with all the support of my dealer I have no choice to bought a new one in 5 years.
I try it today, just a little because it was raining a lot, it is a lot better,
A huge thanks to Agritex St-Roch, Qc