Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: The Deere Mafia Made Me an Offer I Couldn't Refuse

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks

The Deere Mafia Made Me an Offer I Couldn't Refuse

I received the letter from my JD dealer two weeks ago regarding their Trade-In program. I put in on the counter. My wife saw it and said I should call them. So, I did.

In 2015, we got a 1025R FILB, with 260 backhoe, a 48" FEL and a 60" deck. Financing was 0% for 72 months.
    Since it was their money I was using, I also threw in a 48" box blade, a 54" front blade, an IMatch, a post hole digger and a 48" rotary cutter.

The 1025R has a little over 250 hours on it. One of the warning lights doesn't work due to a tree branch incident early on, and is strapped to the ROPS with a bungee cord. The parking brake stopped working a month ago. I suspect there may be a slight seal leak on one of the lift arms on the 3 point. No major problems, otherwise. The backhoe has less than 2 hours on it, and looks new. The loader has been used, but looks good.

This is the deal Deere offered me:

- Pay off my current note. Tractor, and all attachments are paid for.
    - Equity on top of that.
    - New 2018 1025R FILB
    - I have 4 years left on my current note - This will be extended to 5 years, and my payment will be lowered by $50/month.

I couldn't pass it up.

I recently got a heck of a deal on a 2 year old Husqvarna 54" zero turn, so I plan on using it for mowing.
    Now, I will use the new 1025R a lot less for mowing, so I should save hours on it.
    We have 20 acres, but most of them are hilly, so the tractor gets light use out in the woods.

I've read some threads here about this trade in deal, but I'm not prone to remorse once I make a decision. My Deere dealer has been fair to me.
    I understand that they will be making money 2 different ways. Good for them -as long as I'm happy with the new equipment.

I hope to keep you posted.

That 2015 sure has been a good one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181011_125449.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	652882
    It's a ""Cracktor"

2018 1025R FILB w/60D MMM
    2015 1025R FILB w/60D MMM - Traded

All The Other Stuff Jim Sold Me:
    - Quick-Hitch Front Blade 54"
    - iMatch
    - BB2048L Box Blade
    - RC2048 Rotary Cutter
    - Post Hole Auger/Digger

(I got 0% financing for the rest of my life....)

Everything Attachments Landscape Rake #ETA-CMP-LR-72 w/Wheel kit
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,101 Posts
    that's a good deal---now just last week my one chevy dealer sent me something like that for a new pickup--but...........i just bought a new gator-835R---so the wife looked at too-but ..........instead of telling me to call themshe thru my card away into the trashno new truck on top of the gator
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks

Deere dealer deals

What prompts individual dealers to make these offers? Are the overstocked with newer models? Is the trade in business so good? I never have received a letter like this, at least not yet although my tractor is a 2016 with less extra equipmnet, roughly a few more hours than the OP's model.

Just wondering how this occurs, what trips the trigger locally?

thanks
    2016 John Deere 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM Auto Connect, 54" Hydraulic Articulating Front Blade w/ Blade Extensions, 42" Land Pride Tiller, Seat Spring Upgrades by KennyD, 42 Gallon Fimco Sprayer w/ Greenleaf Asymetrical Nozzles and 12' spray boom, Poulan 14" Chain Saw, Edge R Rite Lawn Edger, Echo SM-225 String Trimmer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Did you have them throw in the ROPS light guards with this one?

Sounds like you got a good deal too.
    Kennyd, ColonyPark, Levi and 5 others like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GMind View Post
    I received the letter from my JD dealer two weeks ago regarding their Trade-In program. I put in on the counter. My wife saw it and said I should call them. So, I did.

In 2015, we got a 1025R FILB, with 260 backhoe, a 48" FEL and a 60" deck. Financing was 0% for 72 months.
    Since it was their money I was using, I also threw in a 48" box blade, a 54" front blade, an IMatch, a post hole digger and a 48" rotary cutter.

The 1025R has a little over 250 hours on it. One of the warning lights doesn't work due to a tree branch incident early on, and is strapped to the ROPS with a bungee cord. The parking brake stopped working a month ago. I suspect there may be a slight seal leak on one of the lift arms on the 3 point. No major problems, otherwise. The backhoe has less than 2 hours on it, and looks new. The loader has been used, but looks good.

- Equity on top of that.
    - New 2018 1025R FILB
    - I have 4 years left on my current note - This will be extended to 5 years, and my payment will be lowered by $50/month.

I couldn't pass it up.

I recently got a heck of a deal on a 2 year old Husqvarna 54" zero turn, so I plan on using it for mowing.
    Now, I will use the new 1025R a lot less for mowing, so I should save hours on it.
    We have 20 acres, but most of them are hilly, so the tractor gets light use out in the woods.

I've read some threads here about this trade in deal, but I'm not prone to remorse once I make a decision. My Deere dealer has been fair to me.
    I understand that they will be making money 2 different ways. Good for them -as long as I'm happy with the new equipment.

If you get to keep all your attachments, I agree that this is way too good to pass up. I'd say go for it. Keep us posted.
    Levi, BigJim55, Jep and 4 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    that's a good deal---now just last week my one chevy dealer sent me something like that for a new pickup--but...........i just bought a new gator-835R---so the wife looked at too-but ..........instead of telling me to call themshe thru my card away into the trashno new truck on top of the gator
    Sounds good if you like it. I'm in worse shape the BigJim, my wife throws things like that away before I get to see it.
    ColonyPark, BigJim55, Jep and 6 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Thanks
    Landpro (Deere dealer in NY) is going the same promotion. I got a mailer and a call from the local sales rep on it. My 1025R is only 2 seasons old and highly "customized" so I told him to pound sand. Lol...

Congrats on the upgrade!
    ColonyPark, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    Landpro (Deere dealer in NY) is going the same promotion. I got a mailer and a call from the local sales rep on it. My 1025R is only 2 seasons old and highly "customized" so I told him to pound sand. Lol...

Congrats on the upgrade!
    Yeah LandPro has been sending me mailers too, no calls though. I’d rather keep my paid for machine and add an X758 to the herd.
    Levi, BigJim55, coaltrain and 1 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Yeah LandPro has been sending me mailers too, no calls though. I’d rather keep my paid for machine and add an X758 to the herd.
    Me too! In fact I was getting pretty close to buying a used machine from good works tractors when they were active here this past spring. I forget the exact model but is was a 2WD diesel with AWS.
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GMind View Post

- Equity on top of that.
    - New 2018 1025R FILB

I couldn't pass it up.

I'm just surprised that you didn't move up to a bigger 2 series.
    Herminator likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast