Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1025R with 260 Backhoe Controls are stuck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks

1025R with 260 Backhoe Controls are stuck

I have a 1025R with a 260 backhoe along with Loader and Belly Mower.
    I don't leave the backhoe on often and detached it a couple of months ago. When I went back to connect to it, the levers will not move with the tractor hydraulics connected or not. By reading some other posts, I assume it settled and created pressure but I cracked about evey fitting I could and they are still not moving. It's literally like the levers are locked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 05:02 PM
    Thanks
    Double check to make sure the connections are correct. You also took out the travel pins didn't you? Do the stabilizers work?
    Last edited by cashxx; 10-23-2018 at 02:08 PM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cashxx View Post
    Double check to make sure the connections are correct. You also took out the travel pins didn't you?
    I verified the connections. They will only go one way due to the male/female arrangement. The pins are not in it unless I've forgotten about one somewhere and the stabilizer levers will not move either. All 4 levers are stuck. As if there was a lock on them.
    Last edited by jayg; 10-23-2018 at 02:11 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    I would have to make a guess that the backhoe was sitting outside uncovered (in the rain) for a long period of time? It could be that the levers have become stuck in place due to corrosion / lack of lubrication. I'm not familiar with how to lubricate the valve spool so maybe someone else could chime in with suggestions.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post
    I would have to make a guess that the backhoe was sitting outside uncovered (in the rain) for a long period of time? It could be that the levers have become stuck in place due to corrosion / lack of lubrication. I'm not familiar with how to lubricate the valve spool so maybe someone else could chime in with suggestions.
    Yes, unfortunately, it is outside.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,553 Posts
    Your going to have to remove all the covers and get access to the valve body, hopefully it's just the linkages (hiem joins) that are corroded and not the actual valve spools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0002524560____________A1.jpg  
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Your going to have to remove all the covers and get access to the valve body, hopefully it's just the linkages (hiem joins) that are corroded and not the actual valve spools.

I used penetrating oil and was able to get the boom controls free. Removed the boots on the stabilizer levers and put some oil on them. Couldn’t get them free yet but will let it sit overnight and try them again tomorrow. If they don’t release, I may try to heat them a little.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    My BH has done the same thing and it is the spools that stick in the end cap seals. They paste fast. I freed mine by spraying WD40 on the spools and working them carefully. You have to remove the access cover to get to them, but it is possible to get them free. Don't be afraid to put light force on them to get them free.

I put thumb screws on the valve cover on mine so I can easily remove the cover. Every time I put mine away, I spray the spools with penetrant and work them. Haven't had any problem since.
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks to all of your help. I was able to get everything freed up and working again. Certainly a good lesson of not letting it sit outside without a good cover.
    Gizmo2, Ray_PA and PJR832 like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jayg View Post
    Thanks to all of your help. I was able to get everything freed up and working again. Certainly a good lesson of not letting it sit outside without a good cover.
    Oh yes!! If you leave it outside, definitely tarp it. I keep mine in a garage and mine did the same thing.
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast