Green Tractor Talk banner

spreading crushed shell

5K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  jruffner 
#1 ·
so me and my little helper spread some shell the other day on the driveway. tried to get my wife to take more/better pics but she was too busy. after i roughly spread it out with the loader, i used my pine straw rake to even it out like a landscape rake. the shells are just light enough not to bend the tines. i will try and get some after pics this evening. Lawn Grass Vehicle Yard Backyard

but it turned out pretty nice. probably could have used a little more shell but we just did it to look nice for showings as we are selling the house.

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks. he just realized that he can ride in the little cart if i attach it but a 3 pt hitch attachment would be good for his younger brother.

there are a ton of little water holes in carver. i have only lived here for a few years but we have hit a few of them up for a swim.

#10 ·
Growing up on Cape Cod, clamshells are/were used all over the place. I don't believe they decompose very quickly if at all, though I've never thought to look into it. I just remember the stuff being in the same places year after year with no replenishment. If anything, they just sort of get mashed into the dirt as time goes by. It's a great substance that doesn't get too hot in the sun and sure looks nice. If you really want to top it off, you can add a cobblestone apron at the road end of the driveway. Also, if you were staying in the house, you'd want to border the drive to keep it contained.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.