• 8 Post By SulleyBear
  • 1 Post By JD4044M
  • 3 Post By HVACguy
  • 2 Post By JD4044M

Thread: Mauser Cab Owners, Don't forget to clean your Cabin Air Filters

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,424 Posts

Mauser Cab Owners, Don't forget to clean your Cabin Air Filters

At the top of your glass doors, there is a chrome thumb screw which threads into the roof.....

Open the door and unscrew the round screw and there is a metal plate which looks like this which is held into the roof of the cab with a tab at the rear of the plate, hang onto it or the entire plate and screen will fall out.

Lower it down and it removes easily when the rear tab comes out. The foam filter is on both sides of the cab roof over each door. You can rinse the foam filter out in warm water or I used low air pressure from the compressor and just cleaned it with that source.

There is a left and right side to these filter brackets as shown in the slight curve in the one in the photo above, which matches the curve of the doors and cab roof.

This is the source where all of the fresh air for your cab blower motor is pulled through the filters, into the air space above the head liner and under the cab roof. Then the blower motor mounted in the roof blows the air through the ducts and vents.

Make sure to give these filters a little cleaning to keep the air nice and fresh in the cab this winter.........

Only the filter on the left side of my tractor had any dust and "mowing" chaff stuck to it. The one on the right side was clean as new. I don't have a MMM on my tractor and I only cut with the rear brush hog, so my tractor isn't around a bunch of dust. I would imagine someone who mows with their tractor regularly will likely have much more debris in their filters.

I tend to run the cab blower for cool air when mowing with all the windows and doors closed, like this weekend. Otherwise, it's strictly in the winter when the only thing blowing around is snow......

This is quick and easy and the entire process takes a couple of minutes at most......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181028_112923324.jpg   IMG_20181028_114938509.jpg   IMG_20181028_114951683.jpg  
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Sportshot2 (10-30-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Thanks
    I just have to make sure my Windshield Washer Tank is full of Winter Proof Cleaner. Sure comes in handy when it is dusty out and I need to move snow off quicker with the wiper blade. Now I have to keep the Lexan clean so I can see thru it better but it beats ice and snow in your face clearing it off the driveway and putting out big hay bales in the winter for the cows!
    Herminator likes this.

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks
    A very helpful thread I am sure, but us open station guys don’t care.......and we might also be just a tad jealous!

Just kidding, I didn’t realize they had a cabin filter!
    Last edited by HVACguy; 10-29-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    jdforever, Herminator and JD4044M like this.
    2012 John Deere 2320 with FEL & 54” MMM
    Previously 2007 JD 2305
    Previously 2003 JD 2210
    Previously 1993 JD 265

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACguy View Post
    A very helpful thread I am sure, but us open station guys don’t care.......and we might also be just a tad jealous!

Just kidding, I didn’t realize they had a cabin filter!
    I left the rear and part of the sides open on my cab so I could have the best of both worlds!! Eat dust and still be cold all at the same time!
    Herminator and Toughsox like this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements