• 1 Post By DannGerous667

Thread: 1025R LED Headlights

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-09-2019 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks

1025R LED Headlights

Dont mean to beat this dead horse just sharing my experience

After finally getting the right ones ordered from Amazon for $16.69 which I thought was a good price and they are PRIME delivery

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are bright white , here is a comparison pic during day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	654948

Here is a shot of them at night

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	654950

Here is the bulb package

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	654952

Very happy with purchase, lets see how long they last...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 67Stang68 For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (10-30-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Thanks
    Look good and a decent price!
    67Stang68 likes this.
    2018 2025R
    120R FEL
    54D AutoConnect MMM
    47" Snow Blower
    42" HLA Pallet Forks

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-26-2019 @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks

Talking about dead horses

Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang68 View Post
    Dont mean to beat this dead horse just sharing my experience

After finally getting the right ones ordered from Amazon for $16.69 which I thought was a good price and they are PRIME delivery

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are bright white , here is a comparison pic during day

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	654948

Here is a shot of them at night

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	654950

Here is the bulb package

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	654952

Very happy with purchase, lets see how long they last...
    I ordered the LEDs off Amazon that every one was raving about on a pervious thread. I changed them all out and they did look cool but I was not convinced I could see any better. I put one of the old bulbs in and compare it the led next to it on the side of the building about 30 feet away. There was no comparison the old orginal bull was way brighter. I took out all the LEDs and sent them back to Amazon. And yes! I ordered the ones what everyone recommended and even tried another highly recommend brand and there is no way in hell the LEDs could compeat with the factory bulbs. I can't believe there are this many doing this. It just doesn't have the throw or the power the old bulbs have. I guess I must be color blind or crazy not to see what everyone else is seeing.
    1025r (The Baby Tractor or the Mistress as the wife calls it) FILB with pallet forks, Front Quick Hitch with 54'' Snow Plow.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-09-2019 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmule View Post
    I ordered the LEDs off Amazon that every one was raving about on a pervious thread. I changed them all out and they did look cool but I was not convinced I could see any better. I put one of the old bulbs in and compare it the led next to it on the side of the building about 30 feet away. There was no comparison the old orginal bull was way brighter. I took out all the LEDs and sent them back to Amazon. And yes! I ordered the ones what everyone recommended and even tried another highly recommend brand and there is no way in hell the LEDs could compeat with the factory bulbs. I can't believe there are this many doing this. It just doesn't have the throw or the power the old bulbs have. I guess I must be color blind or crazy not to see what everyone else is seeing.
    To be honest with you the headlights at night are almost useless unless bucket is below or up, almost all of my light comes
    from the added led light kit. Lights on fenders and on brush guards above the blinkers. They are amazing at how much they light up.
    With that being said my primary reason was to match color of those lights and it was such a low cost mod that can be reversed easily
    I figured why not. I will also add LEDs are not for everyone, when I was purchasing a RV a few years ago one RV I looked at had led
    lighting inside and it made my eyes hurt but LEDs have come a ways over the past few years.
    North585 and JD4044M like this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmule View Post
    This is exactly what a lot of folks have been saying. When you put an LED bulb into a reflector designed for a halogen bulb the results can be disappointing. I went through the same thing when trying to replace the halogen bulb in my ROPS worklights with a LED bulb.

When looking at the lights with your eye the LED bulb looked whiter and brighter. However, when using the tractor after dark the light from the LED bulb just wasn't making it to the ground as well as the halogen bulb. Like you, I went back to the halogen bulb until such time that I replaced the halogen worklights with real LED worklights.

Below is what my worklights looked like with one halogen and one LED bulb. As you can see, the LED bulb on the right is brighter and whiter but it provided far less illumination on the ground.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E26R4003.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    My Tractor has 2-LED Lights with 6 LEDs aimed both ways off the roll bar. I went with these because I used 2- 4 LED Fixtures for back up lights on my Power wagon and mounted them low under the truck. Mine have been left on for 2 years now (300 hours so far)and still work great! There brighter then the Power Wagon ones and were cheap in cost.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED Lights.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	655274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED Lights1.jpg 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	655276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0193.jpg 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	655278 I like the even light they put out and when mounted high they light up way more and during the evening hours it helps to be seen. For $16.00 a pair including shipping you can't lose!https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-4-INCH-36W-LED-WORK-LIGHT-BAR-FLOOD-OFFROAD-ATV-FOG-TRUCK-LAMP-4WD-12V-6/283095669035?epid=27007085897&hash=item41e9d1192b: g:Vo0AAOSwtE9bdQk-:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!98840!US!-1:rk:23f:0
    Last edited by JD4044M; 11-02-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    keane and WhiskeySixRadio like this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JD4044M For This Useful Post:

WhiskeySixRadio (07-10-2019)

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Thanks
    I noticed on my search for led lights it can be tricky because the Holocene lights are a certain size and put out light at certain spots onto the reflectors that then output the light.
    You will need to do your best to get an led light with the most light output. Can’t just go off of lumens. You need to also look T the watts. They trick you. Also it needs to be as close as possible to the same measurements as the stock bulb and out put the light needed into the same spots on the reflector.
    I also found the led didn’t really get brighter. Just whiter which I personally like. And less draw on the alternator

Easiest thing to do in my opinion is buy
    2-4 Led fog lights(not spot) Amazon $20-$50. Need 3 for how I set min up. 2 facing forward & 1 facing the rear.
    Wire and plug from tractor supply $5-20
    Heavy duty 2” round neodymium magnet with 90-200 pound of pulling force $30 for 3

I put mine on the strong magnets where I can easily move them. With the ROPS down they go one way and then when I put the ROPS up I just simply move them. It takes less than an hour to install and you hook straight up to factory with the plugs without cutting anything.
    I’ll update this later with some links & pictures later if Anyone wants. Bad service where I’m at now and photons won’t load.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks
    2 years ago, I bought these on eBay.

They weren't long enough for the rear facing led to reflect in the housing.

I cut the stock halogen flush to the bulb to have the stock plug with wire leads. Then I dissected the led's plug to get access to the leads without destroying the resistor inside the plastic. Tricky but once you had one done you know where to cut. I used a metal saw. More cutting, straightening the leads, welded them together and I sealed and strengthened them with hot glue. Led do not heat enough to melt it.

Now they protrude past the reflector and the back LEDs do their job. It makes a BIG difference.

I compared with my stock halogen , one stock and one led on each side in a pitch black winter night showed that they were somewhat equivalent but the whiter light of the LEDs shine way better. My 2 cents. And they draw less, doesn't heat, and they last longer.

I do this with 5 bulb, headlights, fender's lights and the back working lamp. My "Frankensteins" still lights strong!

Leds all the way!

2015 1025r, FEL, SB1154, 54D.
    JD4044M likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements