Green Tractor Talk banner

1025R Utility Tractor

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  robertopod 
#1 ·
My 2016 1025R Utility Tractor only clicks when trying to start it. All the lights work. It's in neutral and PTO is off. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

#2 ·
Battery :dunno:

Yes lights but :dunno:

Dash display says Netural

#3 ·
Remove the terminals and give them a good cleaning, if that doesn't work, a new battery is probably the fix. Read about this many times on GTT and a bad battery is usually the culprit.

#5 ·
:think: check ur battery---see if ur posts are dirty. if not--then i guess u need a new battery then.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832
#7 ·
If you have a voltmeter, measure voltage at the battery posts when you turn the key, and measure the voltage at the starter solenoid when doing same. That should easily tell you whether the battery is bad or the connections are dirty.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Levi
#8 ·
Can you be more specific than clicking? Are you hearing the fuel pump running, which is a rapid clicking kind of sound and normal. Or are you turning the key to start, and it just makes a click or buzz? If the latter, it is likely the battery.

Also, make sure the PTO button isn't on.

#9 ·
Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, get a new battery. :laugh:

Reactions: buckteeth445
#11 ·
Agreed, mine is nearly five years old. The battery still works fine, and I take zero extra steps to maintain it.

Reactions: Levi and jdforever
#12 · (Edited)
I have an older white gt-1855 garden tractor and we used to have to replace the battery every 2 years. My parents had it and got a zero turn so I went and took the 1855 as it has sentimental value as I grew up with it and put a new battery in it and have always kept a battery tender on it and got 5 years out it so far. I put a tender on everything now, ATV, Motorcycle, etc. I think that plays into them lasting longer!

#14 · (Edited)
Just "fixed" an identical problem an hour ago - but it was on my X300. I went through the same drill - cleaned terminals, used a jumper pack, checked safety switches, etc. I couldn't find a new battery to buy on Sat. here - and the voltages read that it was good - so I kept tinkering - because I needed to mow.

Then it cranked and started on about the 25th try. The only thing I did differently was I think I may have put some sideway pressure on the key when I turned it. I'm not positive, but I think that was the problem - as now it starts every time if I just push the key in a certain direction when I turn it.

It's too early to tell if that is the "real" fix. But since I just found this out just minutes before dark, and after working on it all afternoon, I was ready to give up with no new ideas. So, I thought I would share it.

#15 ·
My 1025r does the same thing. Turn it and it clicks. Dash Lights flash. It does that until I find the right angle to push on the key while I turn it. It was just at the dealer for a broken PTO brake and I had them check that out. They said I had the key upside down! (Obviously wrong) I went to start it to load it in the rain at the dealer and it did the same thing. I needed it desperately that day so I jiggled it around until it started. Has to be something in the ignition switch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.