Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quick hitch wiring for 54" snowblower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 01:31 PM
    Thanks

Quick hitch wiring for 54" snowblower

I just bought my first John Deere 1025R (2018) with the 54' snowblower. I detached the loader, took the MMM off, unhooked the mid mount kit and installed the quick hitch (after having to resort to persuading the pin to go), hooked up the piece that the snowblower mounts on and realized that I have no idea how to get the wires connected. The wire from the tractor side seems too short. The snowblower runs if the PTO is set for mid and rear, but not mid only. How do I get the wires connected? And is that what's keeping the mid PTO from not running? Or can I safely run it using mid and rear PTO?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks
    You won't have a lot of extra wire, but you should be able to connect the two wires together. It's pretty tight, but I just unplug the tractor side from it's mount and use two fingers to hold it while I push the quick hitch portion in.

As for your PTO not working when it's just set on mid, that's strange. As far as I understand, the wire from the quick hitch that attaches to the tractor is only for the RIO override so you can back up with the snowblower running. Other than that it shouldn't affect anything - I can run my mid-PTO only no matter if something is hooked to it or not. I'd be calling the dealer if that's the case, something isn't right.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch
    Aftermarket LED rear and front lights

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    There is an extension harness that connects between the connector behind the starter motor and the sensor in the Quick Hitch.

As to your trouble installing the Quick Hitch pin, I found I had to loosen all or most of the mounting bolts, then install the Quick Hitch and tighten the bolts. Even at that, I still had to shift the mount some, hold pressure on it, and then tighten the bolts for the latch pins to slide in/out easily.

As to your no mid-PTO problem, it sound like a seat switch issue. However, the seat switch should should still inhibit operation when both mid/rear are simultaneously selected. The seat switch has no impact on rear only PTO operation, as often it is utilized without an operator seated. None the less, I'd check your seat switch wiring, beneath the seat. There have been several who reported the wiring gets caught/pinched/cut in the seat mechanisms. Are you receiving an error message, in the instrument cluster display, when you attempt to engage the mid only PTO? You will if it thinks there is not an operator seated, via the seat switch input.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping I could figure this out today but that's not going to happen. I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow and let him come out and explain things I guess.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    The dealer said that the wiring has to be connected for the mid PTO to work. It’s new for 2018. So they are going to come out check out the wiring for me.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mygreencats View Post
    The dealer said that the wiring has to be connected for the mid PTO to work. It’s new for 2018. So they are going to come out check out the wiring for me.
    That is not true. There is not to my knowledge a sensor for the mid for grass cutting. Jump out either the PTO switch or under therear seat. Search for rio in the search engine and it will show you how. Bet there's an adjustment needed and that is why they are coming. Should not work in mid and rear, so they most likely will be adjusting the switch where it can be jumped out near the rear of the tractor. The switch is misadjusted allowing the mid and rear to run together. You loose the mid PTO speed reading doing the jump, but a lot nicer while mowing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-28-2019 @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks
    my 2018 has the same wiring and sensor, it is for the front (mid) pto to operate without having to be in the seat. mine uses it for the front blower only, you have to be in front pto only, it will not work if you try to run both of the rear it will kill the engine.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbmurray210 View Post
    my 2018 has the same wiring and sensor, it is for the front (mid) pto to operate without having to be in the seat. mine uses it for the front blower only, you have to be in front pto only, it will not work if you try to run both of the rear it will kill the engine.
    Mine has that same sensor (2014 blower) and it is hanging on my shop wall. So what you are saying, if you have a PTO driven spreader, it would not work? I like the site solution better. No issues in any position.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    The sensor in the front hitch for the front mount snow blower has nothing to do with the PTO actually turning on.

The sensor senses the snow blower PTO shaft turning and allows you to backup without using the RIO, that's it. Your dealer is mistaken when he said the PTO will not engage without

Without it plugged in, the mid PTO will still work but when you back up without holding the RIO, the engine will shut off.

With the PTO selector positioned in "both" the PTO will still work but you will have to hold the RIO to back up.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 10:53 AM
    Thanks
    What steps must be taken to hold the rio ? Not familiar with that term ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast