• 4 Post By Jeff B
  • 1 Post By jdforever

Thread: Front holder free play?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks

Front holder free play?

I'm now a geek with a JD 1025R, so that about sets the stage.

The left holder ( part that slips under the bracket on any/most front lift implement like the bucket) when nothing is mounted (ie, bucket , etc.) has about 1-1.5" of free play at both ends of it's arch. If I move the joystick left or right (as if to tilt the bucket about 1-1.5" before it's end point the holder just "flops". The right holder operates normally.

I've read past posts that refer to hydrolic fluid imbalance that balances out with load, is this that situation?

My JD dealership rep says he's seen this on a few 1023/5's and that was his response inpassing. I'm just not really comfortable doing much with the loader not knowing what exactly is going on. My gut guess is the hydrolics will not be equal over stressing the right side.

Sorry I can't post video or photos. I'm sitting in my car dealership waiting for them to finish service. What else does one due while waiting, post to forums.

If photos needed I will post those by tomorrow, Wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance. Really glad this forum is here.
    Last edited by s2sonoma3; 11-06-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
    OxPath, BigJim55 and greenharley like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    When there is no load on the twin curl cylinders the cylinder closest to the source of the circuit will respond first.
    There is a round rod that links the two arms together called a timing rod that prevents a gross difference between them but there will still be a difference.
    When under load the fluid pressure is indeed equalized.

If I am changing front attachments I have found that a brief change of direction in the curl circuit can easily match the ends.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you check back and decide to spend time with us.
    Last edited by Jeff B; 11-06-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Added welcome.
    Kennyd, OxPath, W9GFO and 1 others like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!
    2012 John Deere 2320 with FEL & 54” MMM
    Previously 2007 JD 2305
    Previously 2003 JD 2210
    Previously 1993 JD 265

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s2sonoma3 View Post
    I'm now a geek with a JD 1025R, so that about sets the stage.

The left holder ( part that slips under the bracket on any/most front lift implement like the bucket) when nothing is mounted (ie, bucket , etc.) has about 1-1.5" of free play at both ends of it's arch. If I move the joystick left or right (as if to tilt the bucket about 1-1.5" before it's end point the holder just "flops". The right holder operates normally.

I've read past posts that refer to hydrolic fluid imbalance that balances out with load, is this that situation?

My JD dealership rep says he's seen this on a few 1023/5's and that was his response inpassing. I'm just not really comfortable doing much with the loader not knowing what exactly is going on. My gut guess is the hydrolics will not be equal over stressing the right side.

Sorry I can't post video or photos. I'm sitting in my car dealership waiting for them to finish service. What else does one due while waiting, post to forums.

If photos needed I will post those by tomorrow, Wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance. Really glad this forum is here.
    Mine does the same thing, but as soon as it is under a load, everything is equalized. Not to worry.
    W9GFO likes this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements