Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: My new 1025r is finally here!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Thanks

My new 1025r is finally here!

The salesman delivered my new machine last night. I had a metting to attend so all I had time to do was back it in, shut it down, and leave. One thing that made me mad at myself is that I have been to the dealer 10 times measuring and seeing how this will fit in my shop. I KNEW the ROPS was too tall, yet even as the salesman was pulling out of the yard and I was backing it in, I suddenly slammed on the brakes and stopped 2 inches before hitting the header in the entrance. I stopped, pulled ahead, and folded the ROPS down and all is fine. I already dont like how it rests against the plastic tool box... relocate the tool box? Remove the upper half of the ROPS? A spacer to hold it away from the toolbox? Bad design. Anyway, the loader and mower are on it. The 54 inch front blower is on a pallet just outside the door. I dont really want to put the blower on yet but we have 7 to 10 inches of snow forcast for tonight so I guess loader work may have to wait til spring. Todays plan is to remove the loader and mower and add the blower. It doesnt look much different than the one on my old 425 except it has 2 bearings to slide the shaft through and its a lot heavier to wrestle with. Not much else planned today so I have all day, although Im thinking even for doing it the first time, it shouldnt take all day. I have seen the blower install thread. I dont have 2 dollies and dont have a concrete floor for them to roll on but I like the other suggestions of basically doing it the same way, just without dollies. Slide the shaft underneath, thread it through the 2 attachments, install the attachments, install the shaft, install the blower, connect hoses. I always found that the grease did help and sped up the process. I did get confirmation that my Heavy Hith double weight bar was shipped yesterday but no ballast til Mondays delivery. I assome itll be fine, just a little front heavy for the first snow. I do have my old 3pt back blade that I could add but then it wouldnt fit all the way inside the building. I guess Ill know more about if its needed after the blower is on. Between the 6 42 lb weights from my 425, the 4 new 70 lb weights I got last week, and the weight of the hitch, I have around 600 lbs. I dont think Ill want it all with the blower but maybe without loaded tires Ill want most of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181114_164044_1542285662649.jpg  
    Gizmo2, North585, fdmars and 17 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats on your new tractor. Just in time. Enjoy it and be safe.
    greenharley likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Congratulations Hiwire. Good luck with it.
    greenharley likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Thanks
    CONGRATS!! Looks good!
    greenharley likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new tractor!
    I hate to say its a good thing that you need it right away, but it just might be. Youll get some seat time to get acquainted with it early on.
    greenharley likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Thanks
    Update and observations...shes cold blooded starting but I expected that. It was 15 here. She coughed and bucked for about 15 seconds but then smoothed right out. Loader came off quick and easy. The deck is a lot heavier than the one on the 425 but its off and packed away. Now to remove the autoconnect attachment. It doesnt lool like a big deal, 4 pins and 2 hooks and disconnect the shaft? Then on to the blower install

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Congrats on the 1025R
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    Congratulations! You are not the only one that forgets about the ROPS...
    BigJim55 and Etkini like this.
    Wayne

2016 1025 R (Mr. Green Genes)
    H-120 53" Front End Loader
    D-60 Mid Mount Mower
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks Combo Deal!!
    i-match quick hitch
    JD ballast box
    Heavy Hitch Receiver
    CMP Dethatcher
    TSC Middle Buster
    King Kutter 48" Rotary Cutter
    4' Tiller Country Way
    Extended Hook and adjustment pins

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwire View Post
    I already dont like how it rests against the plastic tool box... relocate the tool box? Remove the upper half of the ROPS? A spacer to hold it away from the toolbox? Bad design.

You could re-locate the tool box to the right side. That is where it is put when a back ho is added. You may have to research what, if any other brackets may be involved.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    Congratulations on your new tractor.

The ROPS on this tractor is a pain.. sometimes literally. I couldn't tell you how many times I've had it in it's 90° setting and smashed my head off it. Once I figure out how to get those pivot pins out (I'm sort of afraid to just hammer them out since there was a ton of flex and vibration when I was trying it before) short of cutting them off, that top half is getting put away until I need it. If you get the iMatch or a quick hitch, it'll be even more of a pain since you can only raise the 3 point hitch up half way with the ROPS folded.

Do you have the engine block heater\coolant heater? It makes a huge difference in cold weather starting - in single to negative digits I can start with almost no smoke\vibration if I let it heat up for 15-30 minutes, and I imagine it's much easier on the engine. If not, try cycling the glow plugs 5-6 times before starting.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch