Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: hydraulic valve operations on 1025r tlb

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-14-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks

hydraulic valve operations on 1025r tlb

hello all.. just joined...and hoping to stick around for a long time. Ready to pull the trigger on a 2018 scut. test drove one at dealer yesterday and noticed that i could not get the loader boomand bucket to.move at the same time.. same with the backhoe valves.. only one valve at a time.. however.. i looked at a used 2017 and although tough to find.. i was able to hit that one spot on FEL stick that got both valves to operate.. am i missing something here?? i am comparing to the kubota bx23s. if it wasnt for this i would already have a green garage!! any insight would be awesome!!thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2013 1025R. Granted the SCV on the 1 series is not conducive to multiple functions, although, it can be done quite easily once you get used to it, in fact I have gotten really good at it.

First, you have to have the throttle up.

When raising the FEL, pull back on the SCV to raise, then move the SCV lever to the right slightly.

I moved 4 ton of stone yesterday. Every bucket of stone, I raised and rolled the bucket forward simultaneously without any effort.

Now, it does take getting used to it and the only way I found it works easily is if you are full control stick raising and then feather to the right. Now, when moving both functions at the same time, both slow down considerably.

I know many have said the Kubota BX series is easier to multiple function on the FEL and it may very well be.

That all said, more than the FEL raising and rolling simultaneously, drive each tractor for several hours. The JD two pedal propel compared to the Kubota one rocker pedal is enough to give the JD a major advantage, not mention the drive over mmm, the 3 point control that returns to the exact same spot every time and the ease of changing implements.

Now, the Kubota is an excellent tractor, so you have to make you own decision. The dealer is also something to consider. Not all dealers are equal, so maybe the Kubota dealer has a much better reputation than your local JD dealer.

When I bought mine, I already owned a JD and my local JD dealer is as good as the my local Kubota dealer, both are excellent, so my decision really came down to what I wanted which was the JD. Of course, in 2013, the BX Kubota wasn't as nice as the new BX Kubota's. They have changed allot on these tractors.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    Ray-Pa put it very well.
    Many folks claim simultaneous functions are not possible on the Deere and it is simply not true but it does take finding the sweet spot.
    As he stated speed will be cut in half since you are now filling four cylinders instead of two.
    Many have reported that Kubota has a superior control and I would concede this is likely true but after test driving every brand overall the Deere was my selection.
    No matter if you buy green, orange or any other you will likely find each of them extremely handy.
    Good luck with your shopping.
    HydroHarold, OxPath and Emeribd like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Like Ray said, JD's scv is just that, a single function. With time you'll easily get the feel for it but each tractor is different too, my 1023 was much harder to find but my 2025 I've gotten very good at two functions at once. IMO JD is still ahead of Kabota in the CUT race, but then again I have a biased opinion.

OxPath, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    02-14-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    thanks so much for the reply..i guess i need to head back and try the 1025 again.. what about the backhoe? maybe i didnt have the rpms cranked up

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 640 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hstechteacher View Post
    thanks so much for the reply..i guess i need to head back and try the 1025 again.. what about the backhoe? maybe i didnt have the rpms cranked up
    It's the same thing with the backhoe. There is a sweet spot which allows multiple functions, but it usually takes me a while to find those spots when I first start using the backhoe. Even then, the motions aren't as well balanced or smooth as they would be with a true backhoe or excavator, but they do work.

Higher RPM's don't enhance multiple functions for me. I usually run around 2200 RPM as that gives me the most comfortable speed of operation and smoothness. Higher RPMs make for faster movement, but the movements are a bit too jerky for my taste.

Something to keep in mind when performing your tests is that when operated in actually conditions where there is resistance and gravity in play, both the loader and backhoe will perform a little bit differently than when "dry" tested. For me, a loader bucket full of material or a backhoe bucket engaging or moving earth operate much smoother and the sweet spot is easier to feel, than when they're empty.
    Last edited by OxPath; 11-18-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Thanks
    Here is a video showing backhoe use. Hopefully you can tell that most of the movement is more than one thing at a time.

I disagree about needing high rpm. You can do multiple controls at the lowest possible rpm, obviously it is slow but I find it no more difficult than at a higher rpm.

OxPath and PJR832 like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks
    Something to consider, and that is while two functions are possible, smaller tractors with small hydraulic pumps dont really have the flow volume to run two functions efficiently, which is why its hard to find them with the control valve on some like Deere. Others may be easier to find, but they wont be any faster in reality.

My dealer called me about this since I was one of the first to by a 2025R from them. They had a guy comparing it to the Kubota, and said thiers did two functions and that was his hangup. Well, I told him, I suppose maybe Kubota is easier to find the two for one spot, but if thats the big hang up, you arent looking hard enough at the tractors. In the little tractors, this should be about the last thing to worry about, since the speed/volume isnt there to make it significantly faster to do two functions at once vs one at a time or learning the sweet spot.
    Thats not to say it shouldnt be a concern at all, but for me there were so many other differences, this one was minor in comparison.

I can verify that the backhoe will work two functions at once, but again, you have to get used to it.
    Running higher RPMs makes it easier, but it also makes it harder to control accurately until you are used to it. If you havent used a small TLB before, its best to start slow, get good with it, THEN try to get faster by increasing engine speed and working two functions.
    Emeribd likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post

Well, I told him, I suppose maybe Kubota is easier to find the two for one spot, but if thats the big hang up, you arent looking hard enough at the tractors. In the little tractors, this should be about the last
    It was my understanding that Kabota puts a true two function valve on their's thought I remembered seeing that in a Messick's video. Wouldn't have been enough to sell me anyway, plus a Kabota has variable pressure, more pressure with increased rpms where as JD is full flow at idle. Maybe I'm wrong on that but that right there and that forward/reverse pedal are enough to keep me away.
    Last edited by PJR832; 11-18-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    IndianaJim, Ray_PA and xpshooter like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    It was my understanding that Kabota puts a true two function valve on their's thought I remembered seeing that in a Messick's video. Wouldn't have been enough to sell me anyway, plus a Kabota has variable pressure, more pressure with increased rpms where as JD is full flow at idle. Maybe I'm wrong on that but that right there and that forward/reverse pedal are enough to keep me away.
    I believe you are correct about the valves on the Kubotas now that I think about it. But that certainly makes it easier, lol!
    Certainly wasnt enough for me, and orange is my favorite color...apparently just not on a tractor
    PJR832 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast