Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: The ROPS problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks

The ROPS problem

So let me first say that with 2.9 hours on it, I love my 1025r so far. With my first customizing comes my first "issue". I did know that head room would be a problem and resigned myself to folding the ROPS down to get it inside...a disapointment but not a big deal. I even tried the "headbanger" pisition and its still a couple inches short of clearing the doorway. Today my bright shiney green double weight bar from Heavy Hitch is ready to go on. The problem looks like the top link will have to go over the folded ROPS But when its lowered I will either have a bent top link or bent ROPS, or both. If I lower the 3 pt I will encounter the same problem when lifting it. I will have the same issue for any 3 pt use. Am I missing something or is my only solution to remove the top half of the ROPS. I was also eyeballing the other holes in the upper half and wondering if anyone has tried utilizing them even folded forward to "headbanging mode". I suppose another option is to raise the 3 pt and adjust the stop to prevent it from dropping further but that has potential for an OOPS also. What have you all done other than cutting and shortening the top half?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    I took my top half off for now, picked up a canopy, so I'll fab a new top half. Don't want to modify the one that came with it, in case I up grade to a bigger tractor. Another reason is all my land is flat.
    BigJim55 and Dan in Ohio like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-28-2019 @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks
    that was the first thing that had to go for mine after I done the crunch factor bringing it in the garage the first time. I have seen a mod on here where someone chopped theirs, looked very nice and clean.
    BigJim55 and Dan in Ohio like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,275 Posts
    I'm unsure on the new 1025R but on my 2025R I was able to fold it completely down, right tight to the lower half and it did not interfere with the top link, worth a try before taking it off.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks
    I don't know about the ROPS on a 1 series, but on my 2720, the ROPs can be let down in a horizontal position for going inside. I do this when I have the ballast box or other three point attachment on, and I don't want to remove it just yet. On my 2720 I've managed to run my forehead into the horizontal bar at least once. It doesn't feel good. I've wheeleied my 2720 a couple times. Fortunately I have brick walls, so only paint damage to the bar.
    Jason

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    So a temporary, snowblower use fix could be 1) lower it all the way and adjust the depth stop lever to prevent it from being raised. This means carrying the weight all the way down at all times or 2) raising it all the way UP and tightening the Rate of Drop knob to keep it all the way up. My concern with #2 is drifting when its shut off and leaving weight on the system even if it doesnt drift. I guess I would opt for #1 and call it solved til spring unless someone has q better idea short 9f removing the top half. That may end up being my ultimate summer solution.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I'm unsure on the new 1025R but on my 2025R I was able to fold it completely down, right tight to the lower half and it did not interfere with the top link, worth a try before taking it off.
    Unfortunately with the new one, at least if you've got an iMatch, you can only raise the three point hitch about half way before it'll hit the folded down ROPS. An absolutely terrible design in my mind. I'm not sure if removing the tool box would allow it to close far enough that it wouldn't be an issue though, I haven't tried it yet.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch
    Aftermarket LED rear and front lights

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wjfawb0 View Post
    I don't know about the ROPS on a 1 series, but on my 2720, the ROPs can be let down in a horizontal position for going inside. I do this when I have the ballast box or other three point attachment on, and I don't want to remove it just yet. On my 2720 I've managed to run my forehead into the horizontal bar at least once. It doesn't feel good. I've wheeleied my 2720 a couple times. Fortunately I have brick walls, so only paint damage to the bar.
    Once?! You deserve some type of medal. I've nicknamed my 2720 "Orion" because every time I am near it I end up seeing stars.
    Last edited by jgayman; 11-20-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwire View Post
    So a temporary, snowblower use fix could be 1) lower it all the way and adjust the depth stop lever to prevent it from being raised. This means carrying the weight all the way down at all times or 2) raising it all the way UP and tightening the Rate of Drop knob to keep it all the way up. My concern with #2 is drifting when its shut off and leaving weight on the system even if it doesnt drift. I guess I would opt for #1 and call it solved til spring unless someone has q better idea short 9f removing the top half. That may end up being my ultimate summer solution.
    I would recommend against that. Something is bound to happen. You will forget about the ROD knob, the depth stop will slip, etc. If the top-link or 3PH contacts the ROPS really bad things are going to happen and all of them will cost a lot of money.

If you can't rig the ROPS top section to stay horizontal I would just pull the pins and take it off. It only takes a couple of minutes so no need to wait until spring.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thats my con cern. The older I get, the more I forget things that used to be second nature. Id be pretty bummed out if I lifted a few hundred lbs of weight into the ROPS. Thank you for pointing this out. That bar is coming off tomorrow. It can go back on when I get a new building put up with an 8 ft entrance!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast