Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Dressed For Winter

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 01:23 PM
    Thanks

Dressed For Winter

It's getting close to seeing snow again here. I added a cab radio this past summer and the rotating amber beacon. It has a great flash to it. I'm sure glad I have a heater now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2409.JPG   IMG_2406.JPG  
    Last edited by BarryNWa; 11-25-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    Gizmo2, North585, fdmars and 16 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    I have same set up......ahhh minus glass cab, (original cab), heater...none, radio.....headphones, but do have yellow beacon

Added rubber cutting edge to backblade to protect asphalt
    Last edited by fdmars; 11-25-2018 at 06:28 AM.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    How long are you from front of blower to end of blade.....close to 20 feet?

Gotta be cautious making turns. No?

I could just see myself swinging into something.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryNWa View Post
    It's getting close to seeing snow again here. I added a cab radio this past summer and the rotating amber beacon. It has a great flash to it. I'm sure glad I have a heater now.
    Looks like you have removed the bucket level rod. Smart move!

I wasn't paying attention to the pictures. You don't have your loader attached. I should have asked if you removed your bucket level rod? Anyways, I hope you either removed or relocated it.
    Last edited by jdforever; 11-25-2018 at 09:01 PM.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks

Very Nice!

Looks way warmer than my overalls. I do have a heated windshield....sort of. Snowmobile helmet visor has a 12v heating element to keep it from fogging up.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    How long are you from front of blower to end of blade.....close to 20 feet?

Gotta be cautious making turns. No?

I could just see myself swinging into something.
    Yes, it does demand attention if you get close in somewhere. It's just under 15 feet long. Fortunately, I mostly have long straight driveways to keep clear at my place and a couple of neighbors. The rear blade is used to back blade, otherwise it digs in, unless it can skip on an ice base. I reset the blower skids high for gravel. The snow needs to be around 6" before I'll use my blower over gravel. If you just use a blade and you get a lot of snow, your driveway will come in on you over time. The nice thing about a snow blower is, if you keep up with the snow, you can throw it well away from your driveway. If you let the edges freeze you'll have problems trying to move it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BarryNWa For This Useful Post:

Sportshot2 (12-08-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fdmars View Post
    I have same set up......ahhh minus glass cab, (original cab), heater...none, radio.....headphones, but do have yellow beacon

Added rubber cutting edge to backblade to protect asphalt
    I've been thinking of getting that rubber edge for my blade. How much are they? Will it fit other blades? How do you like yours? Thanks for your advice.
    ColonyPark, SulleyBear and JD4044M like this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Hey Barry, are those lights on your cab on right side up? Just teasing based upon what you told me in the PM....

Tractor, Mauser Cab, Heater, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth for radio and phone, 2 Rear LED's. 4 safety LED's on side of roof, (2) New 1200 Lumen 3" LED Plow lights going on Grill Guard to illuminate in front of plow, Revolving Light, Flashing Lights........See signature

Only difference in these two photos was the flashing sequence of the safety lights. These were taken as fast as the camera would take sequential photos......

I do have the rear 3 point carry all on with 250 pounds of snow melt and the Honda snowblower. Would you beleive I turned off the fuel valve on the Honda snow blower last spring and let it run out of gas. I filled the tank with True Fuel type (Non Ethanol, Non Blended) which hd Sea Foam added to it and the Honda Snowblower started with the very first pull today....... Turned the key, pulled the choke, turned on the fuel supply, one pull and off and running great.

Here is the Honda snowblower doing its thing on a neighbors front sidewalk. My days of shoveling are all gone. The snow was as deep as the front of the machine and it didn't even bog it down. I lower the rear carry all and roll the blower off and when done roll it back on and secure it with tie down straps. Works great.

This year, for those customers who want snow blower clearing of sidewalk, etc. its an optional charge of between $15 and $25 per homesite, depending upon the extent of sidewalks, their length, etc. The home in the picture has a fair amount of sidewalks and they go it multiple directions, there home is the $25 upcharge. They indicate in advance when they want it done and I do it on the next plowing.

Right now I have 4 homes who want sidewalks done occasionally, which is fine as I would rather not be doing too much snow blower work as i have to get out of the cab to do it........

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181125_170259409_HDR.jpg   IMG_20181125_182002068.jpg   IMG_20181125_182012035.jpg   IMG_20180210_134713192.jpg   IMG_20180210_134723800.jpg  

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

BarryNWa (12-07-2018)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryNWa View Post
    I've been thinking of getting that rubber edge for my blade. How much are they? Will it fit other blades? How do you like yours? Thanks for your advice.
    Barry, I am working on two different LED lights which will illuminate the area inside of the fuel fill neck and so you will be able to see down into the fuel tank when the cap is removed during the daylight hours or at night. This will make adding fuel much easier and will be a big improvement.

As you know, right now its hard to see down into the tank and I like to fill it right to the bottom of the filler neck but not overfill and over flow. These new lights will really illuminate this. I will make sure to post a thread on this improvement as all tractors with the cabs will benefit from this enhancement.

I have to share a story with you that you will get a kick out of since we have similar set ups......First, I was trying a new fuel jug today for filling and the filler spout / neck is just way too long. I need to cut it in half to make it feasible. My right shoulder has been really bothering me and In the meantime, I slopped some fuel around the cap and I have never done this before. I pulled the tractor into the garage as I was working on dropping the Fel and adding the front blade, the quick hitch and other accessories.

I got the loader off and on dollies to store. I got the front quick hitch on the tractor. As usual, the blue hydraulic line gave me some trouble, it often is a "challenge" based upon it's location with the cab on. When I backed the tractor out to load the rear carry all with the snow melt, etc. I noticed oil on the floor under the rear of the tractor. Wonderful I thought, it's likely something leaking out of the rear or 3 point or hydro filter, something.

I got a light crawled under the tractor and looked and couldn't tell what it was from. I loaded the snow blower on the rear carry all and to do that, I lower it on the pavement. So, I go to back the tractor into the garage and I hear this horrible scraping ' grinding sound. Oh great, I am thinking, something is "F"ed up right when I need it.

Turns out I forgot to raise the rear platform and since I was exhausted and wearing my ear protectors, it was the metal base of the platform dragging on the driveway. No wonder it sounded so bad..... Pull lever towards rear of tractor and problem resolved.

Turns out the fluid was the diesel fuel running off the rear tire from when I slopped it in the fuel fill area. It explains why it was appearing to have dripped on the floor, which left some "splash" marks, now it all makes sense. Times like these it's best to stop and take a brake to a

So while I was wondering what the issues were, it was operator issues entirely. Entire process was great for the entire seasonal switchover to the snow gear......and no real problems. I spent more time power washing everything as I was taking it off the tractor and then drying it and greasing all the implements or spraying them with metal lubricant and Protection before covering for the winter.

Have a good one and I am looking forward to seeing your snow clearing photos and even videos......

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

BarryNWa (12-07-2018)

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Wow $25 for sidewalks in addition to the the driveway costs. Snow drop in photos don’t even look all that bad. In our area the whole 125 foot double wide w/turn around driveway is $20. You must be in an area that has people with real deep pockets. Even coming home from vacation when the drive was 4 feet tall it was $40.
    greenharley and Fozsey like this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast