Machine Hours, Tasks and the averages of how you are using your machine
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Machine Hours, Tasks and the averages of how you are using your machine

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts

Machine Hours, Tasks and the averages of how you are using your machine

Curious about how our GTT members use their SCUT / CUT machines. Specifically, how long you have owned the machine, how many hours you have on it, what that works out to as an average and then the specific tasks you use your machine

To keep it simple, we will ask you answer these questions with these numbers,

Number 1. - Let's start with the basics. How long have you had your machine?

Number 2. - How many hours do you have on your machine?

Number 3. - So, how many hours per month does this average out to be?

How many hours have you used your machine doing the following; (or other categories which apply to you)

My answers

Number 1. - 13 months

Number 2. -245 hours

Number 3. - 18.85 hours

Plowing Snow - 170 hours (69%)

3 Point RC2048 Mowing - 30 hours (12%)

FEL related tasks - 20 hours (9%)

3 Point Hitch Activities - 24 hours (10%) (Box Blade, Rear rake, Core Aerator)

If you aren't positive on the breakdown of the machine's use, just do your best to average it's use on the most common tasks.

I think this will be interesting. Thanks................

Feel free to either copy or reply to and just change the answers to fit your responses to save time with input.
    pcabe5, Levi, GreenBlood and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Here are my guestimates, Haven't been able to do much snow blowing because I had it delivered in Feb. or March this spring. Hoping to get a full season of using this year!!!! These are my best estimates, looking forward to increasing all those numbers!!!! Love my JD!!!!

Number 1. - 10 months

Number 2. -31 hours

Number 3. - 3 hours

Plowing Snow - 0 hours (0%)

54" Snowblower - 4 hours (13%)

54" MMM Mowing - 21 hours (68%)

FEL related tasks - 6 hours (19%)

3 Point Hitch Activities - 0 hours (0%) (Box Blade, Rear rake, Core Aerator)
    Last edited by mikdor; 11-26-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    Levi, SulleyBear and GreenBlood like this.
    Previous mower 1987 216 that I bought new. Had for 30 yrs +, It was part of the Family!!

2018 1023e
    54" Auto Connect Deck
    54" Snow-Blower
    120r Loader
    Rear Heavy Hitch w/ 8 suitcase weights

Thank You to all our Military Men and Women who are serving and our Vets!!!!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    My answers
    Number 1. - 12-16 months??
    Number 2. - 280 hours
    Number 3. - mostly winter months
    Plowing Snow - 200+ hours main use
    Don’t own Fel
    3 Point Hitch Activities - tilling, grading land and driveway.
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Number 1. - Let's start with the basics. How long have you had your machine?

12 months

Number 2. - How many hours do you have on your machine?

Number 3. - So, how many hours per month does this average out to be?

Snow Removal: 30%
    Mowing: 5% (got a finish mower late)
    Backhoe/excavation: 10%
    3pt Hitch: 20% (plowing, raking, tilling)
    Debris removal/clearing brush piles: 25%
    Moving stuff around: 10%
    Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers : BXPanded 6" bucket w/coupler
    2014 X320 : Johnny Plow/Johnny Bucket : Bagger

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 979 Posts
    My answers

Number 1. - 84 months

Number 2. -580 hours (on the tractor, 345 hours on the engine)

Number 3. - 6.90 hours

Snow Removal - 85 hours (15%)

3 Point Brush Hog Mowing - 40 hours (7%)

FEL related tasks - 35 hours (6%)

Lawn Mowing - 420 hours (72%)
    pcabe5, Levi, SulleyBear and 2 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Well, my numbers are going to start to go up quickly, Spent 5.5 hours this morning plowing snow....

Wet, heavy, concrete type snow. A couple of neighbors with Deere machines are having varying results with the wet and heavy snow. A x738 with a 47" two stage shaft driven blower didn't plug and threw the snow about 8 feet at WOT. Its the constant full chute of snow. He did have slow going so the blower and tractor could keep up but it was handling it.

Another neighbor with the x3xx AWS model didn't fare well, He appeared to be having blower belt issues. He also seemed quite unhappy the last I saw him. He only did get about 10% of his driveway done.

Good news with this snow is you don't get covered in it from the snow blower if you are on an open station tractor blowing it. However, its so wet that the guys sitting outside were soaked from the wet snow falling on them and getting their carharts soaked.

I ran front and rear wipers the entire time today, from the moment I started until I pulled it back in the garage. Also had the heater blower motor moving air, mostly cool to help eliminate the window fogging. A ton of moisture in the air today with this snow. First time I have ever had to do that the duration of my plowing.......

Also the first time I had to get out of the cab and clear the rear camera. Big chunks of snow were falling off limbs and a couple of times, the snow completely covered the camera and all I could see was white. A quick cleaning of the camera lens with a pocket bandanna and I was back in service. I rely heavily on that camera and it makes plowing snow so much safer. I really like it and highly recommend everyone with a cab have a rear view monitor.........I can see vehicles coming up behind me plus I use it for backing up into tight areas, etc.

I bet a 5 gallon bucket full of this snow would be at least 5o pounds, or nearly all water weight.......Great for kids to build snow people (Even snow people are gender sensitive now, so be careful......) or forts, but the ground isn't frozen so the lawns get muddy quickly. The tradeoffs of the first storm of the season.

Last year I didn't plow snow until December 12th and then the last day I plowed snow was February 19th or 20th. Between the 12th of Dec and the 19th of Feb, I plowed snow 45 times. I hope to exceed the plow total this year and I am fine with it being spread out a little more.

Thanks for those who have replied and looking forward to hearing from more SCUT / CUT owners about their use of the machine.
    ColonyPark, Levi, PJR832 and 3 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Thanks
    48 months....

264 hours...

5.5 hours/month... Seems low to me, I thought I had a lot more seat time than that!!

I'd guess that the majority of the hours comes from cutting the lawn and the ditches in the neighborhood

Additional uses include blowing/plowing driveways (I guess I don't waste any time out in the cold), diesel powered wheelbarrow, very large leaf blower, wife's large rock relocating tool, wood pile mover/log skidder/log splitting helper..
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    48 months....

264 hours...

5.5 hours/month... Seems low to me, I thought I had a lot more seat time than that!!

I'd guess that the majority of the hours comes from cutting the lawn and the ditches in the neighborhood

Additional uses include blowing/plowing driveways (I guess I don't waste any time out in the cold), diesel powered wheelbarrow, very large leaf blower, wife's large rock relocating tool, wood pile mover/log skidder/log splitting helper..
    It's going to be interesting to see the average hours per month over the group. I bet many people have the same response as you did thinking the number would be higher per month than it works out to be.

These machines are so helpful and with projects and tasks which we haven't even considered. I was going to add a grapple but instead will most likely add a thumb or two to the pallet forks which can be removed by pulling a couple of pins. I carry a lot of brush with my forks and having a way to "squeeze the brush pile" would be handy and add some safety to the transport. The pallet forks are my most often used implement after the carry all on the rear 3 point.

In fact a neighbor just sent me a text with big limbs which came down because of the heavy snow. I told him he is going to have to wait till spring or if I put the fEL back on, then we can take care of it but right now, I am in "Snow Mode"........and he is a customer. He has the shortest driveway and the one i charge the least for, at $25 per plowing.

1025R with Mauser Cab

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    My answers

Number 1. - 84 months

Number 2. -580 hours (on the tractor, 345 hours on the engine)

Number 3. - 6.90 hours

Snow Removal - 85 hours (15%)

3 Point Brush Hog Mowing - 40 hours (7%)

FEL related tasks - 35 hours (6%)

Lawn Mowing - 420 hours (72%)
    Jamie, it would seem that we should somehow work into the equation the number of sandwiches eaten per machine hour, or some cross application since such as per tractor task as you are the Esteemed Sandwich thread Chief Sammich Strategist, Supervisor, and any other sandwich tasks and SCUT operation.

Not to mention your recent promotion and duties in the "Gubment Position" So be truthful, did the new duties and modified description / compensation / responsibilities actually result in an increase in your work load or were you able to delegate even more of the duties and just reap the prestige and financial reward?

Oh, that reminds me, are the Amazon packages still arriving without your wife ordering them? Feel free to discuss via email or PM if you don't want to share the details in the public domain. I always enjoy hearing from you. I am not sure if I owe you a message or vice versa but we haven't "spoken" in these other ways in quite some time. I would like to know how the "ElMagnifico Uno" or whatever that person's "AKA" (also known as) is responded to your career advancement.......

When you have some time and would like to update me, i would like to hear it......Thanks.....SB
    ColonyPark and PJR832 like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 08:39 AM
    Thanks
    Number 1. - 9 months

Number 2. -110 hours

Number 3. - about 12 hours (this will be a lot less in the winter months since mowing is the primary use for my tractor. The month of November I have only put 2 hours on her.)

Plowing Snow - less than 1 hour since is stopped snowing when I bought my tractor. It will be a lot more once it starts snowing this season.

54" MMM Mowing - 80 hours

FEL related tasks - 10 hours

3 Point Hitch Activities - 10 hours
    - Rear Blade - 10 hours
    - Brush Hog - 10 hours

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast