• 1 Post By jdforever
  • 1 Post By Herminator

Thread: Mauser cab headliner switch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks

Mauser cab headliner switch

A while back I installed a couple of LED rear facing lights on my Mauser cab. I temporarily wired them to the tractors light switch. They only come on with the upper forward facing cab lights. I want to rewire them independent of all other lighting. I want to install one in the factory location in the headliner as pictured. Does anyone know where I can purchase this switch? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2056.jpg  
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    I believe the switch housing has a fuseholder integrated into it, as well. I've never seen another like it and I was in a related business for 30+ years. If you can pull one of the existing switches out and look for a manufacturer and other markings, that may lead to a source.

That being said, if you're not insistent upon it being a direct match and having an integrated fuseholder, you might be able to find a switch that would fit in the knockout opening. Once you have the dimensions, I'd start at digikey.com. They're online catalog is pretty intuitive and I believe you can filter the search by opening size.
    jdforever likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

jdforever (11-26-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I believe the switch housing has a fuseholder integrated into it, as well. I've never seen another like it and I was in a related business for 30+ years. If you can pull one of the existing switches out and look for a manufacturer and other markings, that may lead to a source.

That being said, if you're not insistent upon it being a direct match and having an integrated fuseholder, you might be able to find a switch that would fit in the knockout opening. Once you have the dimensions, I'd start at digikey.com. They're online catalog is pretty intuitive and I believe you can filter the search by opening size.
    Mystery solved. I pulled both the heater and wiper switches, finding that they are Britax Series #511 rocker switches. Now I'm just waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me via email to let me know which of their switches to purchase. Since they are in Europe, this will be the expensive route, but I want to match the existing factory switches. In the mean time, my JD dealer is looking into possibly securing the switch. JD has access to the Mauser rear light kit, which includes the matching switch. That being said, my dealer is thinking that they might be able to order just the switch.
    Last edited by jdforever; 11-27-2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Greg

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Mystery solved. I pulled both the heater and wiper switches, finding that they are Britax Series #511 rocker swithes. Now I'm just waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me via email to let me know which of their switches to purchase. Since they are in Europe, this will be the expensive route, but I want to match the existing factory switches. In the mean time, my JD dealer is looking into possibly securing the switch. JD has access to the Mauser rear light kit, which includes the matching switch. That being said, my dealer is thinking that they might be able to order just the switch.
    Late last year, I ordered the switch through the dealer to fill the switch panels on both sides with all matching switches. The parts department at my dealer handled it and the part was here in a week or so. Seems like it was around $28 if memory serves me but I could have that confused with something else on that order. I really didn't pay much attention as I wanted the right switch. I think the switch rockers are illuminated in different colors, if I am not mistaken.

It is a nice stout switch which "feels good" when activated and the fuse holder is integrated right in the left part of the switch facia under the little hinged door which flips to the left. The switch snaps into the housing easily and is solid, yet easy to remove if necessary.

I added switches for revolving light, rear wipers, rear LED lights, extra roof perimeter roof safety lights, front wiper, heater fan and something else, I would have to look. All of the switch areas are now being used.....Nice switches and I really like the way the electrical is organized in the roof above the cab headliner. The roof panel is easily removed and everything is right there very orderly. Super easy to add other items and to select whether they are to be powered with the key, on another switch, etc.
    jdforever likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Late last year, I ordered the switch through the dealer to fill the switch panels on both sides with all matching switches. The parts department at my dealer handled it and the part was here in a week or so. Seems like it was around $28 if memory serves me but I could have that confused with something else on that order. I really didn't pay much attention as I wanted the right switch. I think the switch rockers are illuminated in different colors, if I am not mistaken.

It is a nice stout switch which "feels good" when activated and the fuse holder is integrated right in the left part of the switch facia under the little hinged door which flips to the left. The switch snaps into the housing easily and is solid, yet easy to remove if necessary.

I added switches for revolving light, rear wipers, rear LED lights, extra roof perimeter roof safety lights, front wiper, heater fan and something else, I would have to look. All of the switch areas are now being used.....Nice switches and I really like the way the electrical is organized in the roof above the cab headliner. The roof panel is easily removed and everything is right there very orderly. Super easy to add other items and to select whether they are to be powered with the key, on another switch, etc.
    I have had my roof panel off on a number of occasions, so I'm somewhat familiar with the electrical up there. I agree that it is nicely organized and I like the integrated fuse holder. I too, want all my switches to match. Just wondering if you could find your receipt with the JD part numbers? No big deal if you can't, as I'm sure my dealer will find them. Thanks, Greg
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Greg

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Thanks
    I think your dealer can get this. This looks just like the switch used in my HPX gator. They had a kit for extra forward and rear facing lights and each had a switch like that.
    jdforever likes this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements