• 2 Post By martincom
  • 1 Post By Zeke_in_SC

Thread: 1025R Independent Hydraulic Lift

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks

1025R Independent Hydraulic Lift

Has anyone put the Independent Hydraulic lift on their 1025r? The one with the switch under the steering column? Do you find it completely useless and a waste of money? You would think for that price it would hold the deck up more than a second. I was hoping it would hold the deck up long enough to dumb the hopper without constantly holding the switch. We have the Terraking TKV20 on the 3pt hitch so I can't use the mechanical lift. I guess I will try the hose that uses the loader control next.

Just curious as to what other thought about it.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Thanks
    I have it and really like it.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Thanks
    I have it on both of my 1025Rs. It works fine for me. When I installed, I did move the PTO switch closer to the steering column and then installed the lift switch in the hole the PTO switch formerly occupied. The cut out is already partially etched into the backside of the console and it easily cut out with a utility knife.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1746.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	659688

I also find that if I lubricate the mower deck height dial bushings periodically with silicone spray lubricant (it doesn't attract dust/dirt), it turns easily.

I have the MCS20 and the path to where I dump is awfully rough. So I have to raise the mower deck before I travel it. As such, I'm doing so often. With the re-located switch and lubricated height dial mechanism, it is easy peezy.

I installed the switch for the MCS hopper linear actuator in the lower console switch location where the "Independent Lift" switch is intended to be mounted.
    Last edited by martincom; 12-01-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    North585 and dieselshadow like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    SO you just hold the switch down the entire time you are traveling with the deck raised?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sacarmic View Post
    SO you just hold the switch down the entire time you are traveling with the deck raised?
    Nope. I depress the switch and while holding it, I turn the mower deck height knob to the "lock" position, which is maximum height. Once I have the dial set to lock, I release it. On the 2017s and older, the dial had a lock symbol. They changed the dial label in 2018. It is just numbered now. The only thing that changed was the label.

The mower deck height dial drives a stepped eccentric. Each step of the eccentric is a height stop for the mower deck lift linkage. You need to lift the deck, by depressing the switch, to release the weight load of the deck from the stepped eccentric. Otherwise you won't be able to turn the dial. Once you have the dial turned to desired mow height, "Lock" or "Install", release the switch.

It may help you to look under the left rear fender at the stepped eccentric while another raise the deck with the switch and turns the deck height dial so you can see how it functions.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    I know there are independent mmm lift users that love it. That said, I could not get my head wrapped around the fact that I had to reach over and hold the switch with my right hand and while holding the switch with my right hand, I had to turn the mmm height knob with my left hand, and you have to do this every time you want to raise or lower the mmm. Essentially you have to be a contortionist to function it unless you do what many users have done, move the momentary rocker switch to the right side of the dash, which I didn't want to cut my dash, just me!!

So, I liked the functionality of the SCV controlled mmm lift because you control the mmm lift with the SCV which is very natural and the mmm stays up when you lift it, albeit, it will drift down over some time but for normal operation, it stays up plenty long and if it does drift down you just bump the SCV and back up it comes. One thing I didn't like was the having to swap the QC at the FEL when swapping from FEL to mmm so I retrofitted my own solenoid valve system which uses the best of both systems.

So, I have sort of built a hybrid system of my own. Hydraulic lift controlled by the SCV with a solenoid valve in line between the SCV and mmm lift cylinder controlled by a rocker switch mounted to the SCV lever.

Here is the post that shows how I installed my solenoid valve system.
    1025R Independent Hydraulic MMM Lift Using the SCV w/Solenoid Valve
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks
    There's plenty of info here about the independent lift for you to search, but the bottom line is you probably don't need it if all you do is mow and use the FEL. Or, if you never use the 3-point lift for anything else when you have the mower deck on then you're probably ok. However, for instance, if you want to mow while using an aerator on the 3-point at the same time then you'll need to be able to lift each independently.
    W9GFO likes this.
    2015 JD 1025R TLB-Setup (Dealer Installed Backhoe & Power Beyond)
    H120 Loader & 260 Backhoe
    60D MMM with Auto Connect & Ind. Hydraulic Lift
    JD I-match Quick Hitch
    Agri Supply CGR-48 Tiller (77709) & 48" Clamp on Debris Fork (87636)
    Yard Tuff 3-Pt. Plug Aerator (Northern Tool)
    42" Titan Forks w/ 2" Trailer Receiver
    HH Toothbar, Rear 2" Rec. Hitch Plate & 3-in-1 Trailer Tow Hitch
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Seat Springs, Differential Lock Pedal Ext.
    JD Forward Lighting Kit & Rear Work Light

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements