Largest capacity battery the 1025r with a 55-amp generator ???
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Largest capacity battery the 1025r with a 55-amp generator ???

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 04:38 AM
    Thanks

Largest capacity battery the 1025r with a 55-amp generator ???

What is the largest, most CCC capacity battery for the 1025r with a 55-amp generator ???. I am new to SCUT's and am thinking about mounting a winch (10,000 lbs) to the 1025r. This thing needs a lot of battery power.

Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apple2gs View Post
    What is the largest, most CCC capacity battery for the 1025r with a 55-amp generator ???. I am new to SCUT's and am thinking about mounting a winch (10,000 lbs) to the 1025r. This thing needs a lot of battery power.

Thank you in advance.
    The 500CCA battery supplied with the machine is the biggest that will fit in the battery holder. It is what it is. Cannot find anything that firs and has more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    glc, North585, jgayman and 4 others like this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    How many amps will the winch you are going to use draw at 12 VDC. That is the question that needs to be answered. If you have a 55 amp alternator on your 1025R, your shouldn't work the alternator contiually above about 40 amps of output. So, if you have a 1/2 hp winch, the winch will draw about 31 amps at 12 VDC. This would bo doable with your alternator as long as you do not have the lights turned on.

Essentially, you really don't want to run an assessory that draws more than you alternator output is. This will draw down you battery and batteries are not designed to be used this way unless it is a deep cycle battery.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,541 Posts
    Why do you need a 10k winch on a 2k tractor? If your pulling something that heavy-you'll just move the tractor and not the object.
    glc, etcallhome, Vern1026R and 8 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

John Deere 1025R TLB (12-09-2018), Pedals2Paddles (12-09-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Why do you need a 10k winch on a 2k tractor? If your pulling something that heavy-you'll just move the tractor and not the object.
    Unless you chain the back of the tractor to your pickup truck. LOL!! OH, then you may as well put the winch on the truck to start with!!
    glc, etcallhome, genesusie and 4 others like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Unless you chain the back of the tractor to your pickup truck. LOL!! OH, then you may as well put the winch on the truck to start with!!
    Would be interesting to test that out.... Chain the truck to an immovable object, chain the subcompact tractor to the truck, attach that 10k winch cable (on the tractor) to something REALLY heavy and then see what gives first.

A) The immovable object?
    B) The Truck
    C) The SCUT
    D) The Winch Cable

Let's video that. Would probably be like those chain strength testing videos on Kenny's website!
    glc, etcallhome, Ray_PA and 3 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    Wouldn’t be my truck or tractor in that test.
    glc, etcallhome, Ray_PA and 4 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Would be interesting to test that out.... Chain the truck to an immovable object, chain the subcompact tractor to the truck, attach that 10k winch cable (on the tractor) to something REALLY heavy and then see what gives first.

A) The immovable object?
    B) The Truck
    C) The SCUT
    D) The Winch Cable

Let's video that. Would probably be like those chain strength testing videos on Kenny's website!
    Someone has already performed that test.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck_test.jpg  
    glc, etcallhome, genesusie and 3 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks
    Several years ago I had a buddy of mine that wanted me to bring my winch-equipped Jeep over to drag a shipping container across the ground. First question was "What capacity is your winch?". "8000 lbs." "Well, the container weighs less than that." "But my Jeep weighs less than the container." "We can put a tow strap between your Jeep and my Jeep - that way combined, they outweigh the container." "Uh... NO!!!"
    glc, jdforever, akneppar and 2 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apple2gs View Post
    What is the largest, most CCC capacity battery for the 1025r with a 55-amp generator ???.
    A 10K winch is going to draw around 200 amps. I think that is a bit much for a small tractor, but it depends upon how often it is used. Once a week for a few minutes isn't going to be a problem but if it used daily, or multiple times a day then I think your battery is going to need to be replaced more frequently.

The alternator is not an issue, unless the winch is used so often that the alternator is not given time to replace the charge used up by the winch. Which I would for allow about ten minutes for every minute of winch use, preferably more.

I would definitely consider a smaller winch that doesn't hit the battery so hard.

Another option is to look into AGM deep cycle batteries. They can be installed in any orientation so it may be possible to find a much larger one that will fit on end in the battery tray - and they are better suited to being drawn down than a starting battery. You would need to find a way to secure it of course.
    glc, JD4044M and apple2gs like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast