• 1 Post By martincom
  • 2 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Need help for a seat on 1025R?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:46 AM
    Thanks

Need help for a seat on 1025R?

Hey I need some help (okay maybe I need more then help )

I purchased a seat to install on my 1025r 1025 to allow me to swivel around, so I can turn around to work on my three point equipment
    Also for when I upgrade to a BH which I hope to do this year.

The first question is did I get the right seat as I didn't think to ask the year and I see some have seats as part of the BH and others it is not.

If I got the right seat by luck would anyone have the installation instructions ?

thanks for any help and hope this is in the right forum.
    SulleyBear and fatback like this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post

I purchased a seat to install on my 1025r 1025 to allow me to swivel around, so I can turn around to work on my three point equipment

The first question is did I get the right seat as I didn't think to ask the year and I see some have seats as part of the BH and others it is not.

If I got the right seat by luck would anyone have the installation instructions ?

The 260 backhoe needed a swivel seat on the tractor. The new 260B has the built in seat, thus the need for a swivel seat on the tractor was not needed anymore. The 260B backhoe sub frame is also different than the 260 sub frame. In other words, you cannot hook a 260B to a sub frame made for the 260.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 12-09-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    The 260 backhoe needed a swivel seat on the tractor. The new 260B has the built in seat, thus need swivel seat on the tractor was not needed anymore.
    You have to find out which BH you need. Did you already buy the seat? JD or aftermarket? Need pictures to really help you out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    You may want to investigate trading in your existing 1025R for a new Factory Tractor Loader Backhoe (FTLB). It is pretty expensive field installing the backhoe. Some members have reported doing very well on trade-ins.

Here are the instructions you requested:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jdforever likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,426 Posts

Just curious, other than the Back hoe and possibly a post hole digger (and the PH digger frame without the auger used as a rear boom pole), which 3 point implements do you use the seat for operating....?? Obviously, they are stationary use implements and I can't quite envision which other implements would work well with the rear facing seat......

Thanks for your response..........
    jgayman and jdforever like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Just curious, other than the Back hoe and possibly a post hole digger (and the PH digger frame without the auger used as a rear boom pole), which 3 point implements do you use the seat for operating....?? Obviously, they are stationary use implements and I can't quite envision which other implements would work well with the rear facing seat......

Thanks for your response..........

First thanks to all the comments and suggestions. The drawing will help me a lot

I found I have to have the 260 as my 2017 was 4 months to old for the new 260B.

When I purchased my 1025 I know now (like others) I should have added it at that time. I thought I would be able to add one later from someone selling theirs. (I now know not very many people sell them so it looks like I will have to buy one new from the dealer.

I had the power beyond hyd added when I purchased the tractor just in case. (the dealer said I was wasting money but oh well) So now I am adding to it as I go. I heard from others about if someone sells a 260 then I would have to get the seat so I decided to get one when a member was selling a new extra one he had.

Until I get my BH I will just use the swivel seat for fun and I am lazy and can then exit out the back if I want to so I can adjust or hookup my attachments that didn't really QH

I am one of the guys that never had a tractor and really couldn't justify one except I worked hard and this is what I want for my retirement in about a year now. I can afford it and so I got it. (just a knuckle head about not getting the BH then. b

So thanks to everyone

Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:18 AM
    Thanks

I found I have to have the 260 as my 2017 was 4 months to old for the new 260B.
    Did the John Deere dealer advise you of the above in regards to specifically needing the 260 backhoe?
    Reason I ask is this......I have a 2017 1025R manufactured in April 2017.....and my dealer ordered the new 260B backhoe and was successfully installed on my tractor.
    You may want to double and triple check that advise.
    The new 260B backhoe is a much better running unit than the older 260 model.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by Busman; 12-10-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks

I did check

Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    Did the John Deere dealer advise you of the above in regards to specifically needing the 260 backhoe?
    Reason I ask is this......I have a 2017 1025R manufactured in April 2017.....and my dealer ordered the new 260B backhoe and was successfully installed on my tractor.
    You may want to double and triple check that advise.
    The new 260B backhoe is a much better running unit than the older 260 model.

Just sayin.

I found a good deal on a 260b but when I went to the dealer to make sure it could be installed that is when they ran my number and said it would work on my frame. seems they made the change mid year so you have to be very careful. you must have gotten lucky as the 260b was what I wanted but I am sure I will be happy with a 260 too.. thanks for your help

Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements