• 1 Post By tj1
  • 1 Post By 130Oxbow

Thread: any suggestions about curtis cab on my 1025

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 11:20 PM
    Thanks

any suggestions about curtis cab on my 1025

1st off let me say how much I like my 1025 without a cab (in good weather)
    well I've decided to put on a cab onto my tractor. that way I'll be comfortable in bad weather. with me being a bit older and wiser I just can't take the cold weather like I used to.
    now that I've pulled the trigger on this any suggestions would be welcome
    Last edited by ateasegardens; 12-11-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    ColonyPark and tj1 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ateasegardens View Post
    1st off let me say how much I like my 1025 without a cab (in good weather)
    well I've decided to put on a cab onto my tractor. that way I'll be comfortable in bad weather. with me being a bit older and wiser I just can't take the cold weather like I used to.
    now that I've pulled the trigger on this any suggestions would be welcome
    Do you want to be able to remove the cab or keep it on year round? I sure like my Mauser, but its not one you want to remove and replace. At least I don't want to! In the blizzard we had in Northern Illinois a couple of weeks ago it was danged cold and 40 mph winds. I blew snow in a long sleeved t shirt with heat backed off 1/4 and fan on lowest setting. Unreal. I am most impressed.
    ColonyPark, jdforever, tj1 and 1 others like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 14decoys View Post
    Do you want to be able to remove the cab or keep it on year round? I sure like my Mauser, but its not one you want to remove and replace. At least I don't want to! In the blizzard we had in Northern Illinois a couple of weeks ago it was danged cold and 40 mph winds. I blew snow in a long sleeved t shirt with heat backed off 1/4 and fan on lowest setting. Unreal. I am most impressed.
    no I'll just remove the doors and open the window during summer
    I can't wait to plow snow and spread salt with the cab on
    ColonyPark and tj1 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ateasegardens View Post
    no I'll just remove the doors and open the window during summer
    I can't wait to plow snow and spread salt with the cab on
    Ok, I misread your initial post! I thought you were looking for suggestions on which one to buy and "pulling the trigger" meant you had decided to buy one. When actually, "pulling the trigger" meant YOU PULLED THE TRIGGER!! Duh! I'm getting old.

Anyway, you are not going to regret having that cab!!! Enjoy!
    ColonyPark, tj1 and ateasegardens like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    You will certainly like having a cab, I know I do and I wouldn't want to be without one. You can open them up so they are like a T Top car in the summer and get good airflow and you have the benefit of always sitting in the shade.

Suggestions I would have for you are a rear view camera and inside monitor to see behind you. Very helpful and very important safety feature as the cab isolates you somewhat and you might not notice or hear someone / something behind you.

Front and rear wipers for sure, I use mine all the time when the snow is flying as the warm cab means wet windows from the snow hitting them.

Make sure you have a MINIMUM one LED rear work light, I would suggest two.

Also, make sure you have adequate lighting for seeing down next to you when plowing as that can be important in tight situations.

I use my lights more for plowing snow than any other time of year. In fact, I prefer to plow when it's dark as the contrasts are easier and its easier t see other vehicles coming, etc. So make sure you have lights so you can see and so if you are near the road, others can see you.
    ColonyPark, tj1 and wentonbrown like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Since getting in and out of the cab is different than climbing on and off the tractor, make sure you have hand grips and any steps or assist you might need to get in and out of the cab safely. That's a big difference in operating the machine with a cab and without.
    ColonyPark, Jep, tj1 and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Since getting in and out of the cab is different than climbing on and off the tractor, make sure you have hand grips and any steps or assist you might need to get in and out of the cab safely. That's a big difference in operating the machine with a cab and without.
    already have a step and with me being a functioning quad (c2,3,4 incomplete)
    my dealership is really good about getting me on and off the tractor safely I will go up to the dealership when they are doing the install and they will make any adjustments needed to help me
    jdforever, tj1 and wentonbrown like this.

10. Top | #8
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    Sulley said a lot of good stuff. The only thing I can add is in the summer I take off my doors, front windshield and rear window, (15 minutes of work).. The sound in the Curtis cab is pretty loud and with those items removed it's like mowing without a cab,, nice an quiet... Enjoy the cab, I know I do. I also wear shooting muffs with a walk man for the sound when blowing snow.. you will go deaf without hearing protection. I use Bose noise canceling headphones in the summer and they work just fine.. Jeff
    Jep likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Thanks

curtis cab

I had a Curtis soft cab on a 2305, and now have one on a 1025R.
    Would hate to go through a winter without it.
    The soft cabs have held up well, for me the additional cost for the hard cab wasn't worth the money.

I take the doors and back window off in the spring, replace before winter.
    It's worth the money to get the 'Tuckaway' heater Curtis offers.

I added a 12V fan to the ceiling to circulate air and keep windshield defrosted.

I moved the fender lights to outside the cab.

Also, cut off about 1/2" from the lower hinge pin on both sides.
    Makes it much easier to put the doors on.
    ateasegardens likes this.
    1025r, H120, 54" snowblower, 60D MMM, 48" Woods BB, KK subsoiler & 48" brush hog, Curtis cab

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements