Looking at a 1025r - I've got some questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Looking at a 1025r - I've got some questions

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks
    I see a 3025E on your property. Biggest bang for your buck. Now backhoe compatible with the 370B Backhoe. Lots of ground clearance, plenty of loader lift capacity and height. Same with 3 point.
    No DPF as it's under the 25hp limit. Skip the 2025R, as it's just a warmed over 1025R. Your meat and potatoes lies with the 3025E.
    Also there are huge Green Fever incentives (rebates) right now for the 3025E along with 0% financing. For your property, it has 3025E written all over it. You owe it to yourself to check out the all new 3025E. Trust me on this.
    *Disclaimer...Did I mention we're getting rid of our 1025r's and going to a 3025E/w backhoe, et al*
    Last edited by Busman; 01-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Thanks
    Hello. Nice property you have. Don't second guess your decision on getting the backhoe. You will find a lot of reasons to use it. Having it there readily available when you need it and not having to run out and rent something will save you money and aggravation in the long run. Plus it beats shoveling!

I have a 1025r and 4 acres of property. Its half woods and rocks and half cleared and the only thing I havent done is use a brush hog with it so I cant comment on how it does mowing with a brushhog. From the videos I have seen it does pretty good just takes some time. I have the 60 mmm that I mow the lawn with..

After owning the 1025 for a little over 4 years now there have been times I wanted a bigger tractor but I have done a lot with this one. I rented a big excavator for clearing some of the property because of the amount of dead trees and big rocks that had to be moved. If I had as much property as you and what you want to do I would get a bigger tractor.

Also look at a yard rake for maintaining your drive and arena. Much cheaper and you have the fel to cut and fill or carry stone on the drive and use the rake to dress it all up with. Same with the arena.

I was able to get a used yard rake from a guy that had a horse arena and he had the rake for 20 years and it wss like brand new because that was all he used it for.

Best thing is try to get a dealer to bring both out to your property and demo them. Then you can make a decision that is right for you!

Good luck!
    WB
    BigJim55 and horosho like this.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Don’t get rid of the 530, you’ll be needing that. A SCUT isn’t a very favorable lawn mower. Eventually if your lawn area is nice enough you may want to consider replacing the 530 with a zero turn. Given your circumstances buy the largest tractor that your circumstances allow. I went with a 2305 and still have it 13 years later. I often wish that I would have gotten something larger. When I consider that I have two college graduates and a really nice 2305 I don’t feel bad at all. I look out the back door and enjoy the view that the 2305 and I made together. A wide array of attachments and a place to keep them nice is part of the equation. Work smarter and let the tools work harder.
    2006 2305, 880 hours, 200CX FEL, Imatch (stationary hook), Frontier 1060E RFM, BB2048L, LR1060L, JD403 rotary cutter, Wallenstein CAN BX42, Since Tractor Time With Tim: Artillian forks, Front Hoe, 3PT adaptor, 2" receiver plate, Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket, HH Tooth bar, HH ripper/middle buster.
    Used 2014 X324 AWS 48"/Powerflo bags; 2011 Craigslist: X540 54”, MC519/Powerflo, 48 front blade; ‘78 316K/33 tiller. ‘80 314 project.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24

Last Online
    06-21-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    I believe you may need to go into a lot more detail on your property and use. I feel the 2025 would be fine for you and get the back hoe if you can afford it. I’m just guessing as I don’t know if you have 2 acres of woods or 15 acres.

I borrowed a buddies 4 series before I got my 1025 and then 2025 and personally I’m happier I got the smaller tractor vs a bigger one for $30,000 and no back hoe. So far my 1025 has done everything I had the 4 series doing. Just had to be a little more creative. Moving logs around I had to cut them down to 8’ long to move vs 12’ for the 4 series. I had a huge dumpster and had to set up truck Ramps to just dump trash on the very side of the dumpster vs the 4 series basically reaching to the other side of the dumpster if needed.

I say move up to the 2025 from the 1025 because you mentioned woods & trails. You will greatly benefit with the ground clearance of the 2025 over the 1025 while maintaining the 4’ width to get around easily. The 4 series actually took longer in the cleanup up my yard as I had to keep going around stuff because it was 2 big. The 1025 just got in, out, and around just about anywhere and anything. Now you mentioned hilly and I have no thoughts on that as the biggest hill I have around my area is the pond edge. Besides that my yard is as flat if not flatter than a board.

Now saying that if I know I needed my tractor every single day or almost every day and money wasn’t just a huge issue I’d go bigger. It really depends on your situation.
    In my signature that cost me about $26,000. You can subtract about $5000 if you don’t want the backhoe. I wanna say just moving up to the 2032 the backhoe went up $2000-$3000 dollars. All implements will go up

I talked myself into the backhoe becuase I knew I can rent a backhoe for 200-400 a day/weekend. At 60 months the 1025 backhoe will cost me $100 or less a month. That means if I use the backhoe for 8-12 hours every 2-4 months I got my money worth. You will also save your body becuase you won’t go rent a $200 or more backhoe to dig a hole that will take you 2-4 hours so you will grab a shovel or say screw it. If the back hoe is in your yard you will do it and a lot more with it. You may still not be able to justify the price and that’s ok also.

Anything you don’t get now you can’t roll into the 0% interest for 60 months. And something like the backhoe will cost even more if you get at a later date. I believe you can actually ask for 84 months 0% interest right now. They just don’t advertise it. It may require some money down.
    One thing that has not been mentioned is the limitation of the backhoe on the 1025r. It is rated at about 6 feet in depth. That's probably correct so for a very experienced operator. As for myself, I have problems going much beyond 4.5 feet. But that's OK for me since the drain tile in our field rarely goes more that 48" down. We have about 100 acres to maintain and the 1025r has done OK so far. This is just my $.02 worth.
    Last edited by timothy; 01-10-2019 at 09:49 PM.

7. Top | #25

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you all for your responses, you all really helped us think this through and make a decision.
    We went in and tested the tractors and gave them a whirl at the dealer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2816.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	669740

We both felt more comfortable on the 1025r. It felt small compared with the 2033r and we recognize it will take longer for stuff like bush hogging and driveway maintenance but it just felt 'right'. So that's what we went with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2844.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	669744

We got a ballast box, land plane, and pallet forks. So far I've used the land plane on the driveway and arenas (it works great - excellent suggestion - I would _not_ have gotten this without this thread - thank you!) and the FEL to clear a couple of big snows. So far, so good, I feel really good about this tractor.
    I'll keep you guys posted as we use it more but I just wanted to say thanks and let people know which way we went.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

8. Top | #26

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks
    That is a GREAT LOOKING setup, Bruce!! I'm sure that it will serve you well. You did the right thing - you went with what felt right and comfortable for you.... AND the wife!!

Now that you've made the purchase and are starting to use it, don't be a stranger here.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #27

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Thanks
    Awesome. And congrats. It looks good. Trust me. Like I’ve mentioned before you will still be happy.

Make sure to stop in here and post pictures What did you do with your SCUT Deere today?
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

10. Top | #28

Last Online
    08-13-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats, welcome to the Green Side.
    Last edited by NotYourGrandfathersDeere; 02-05-2019 at 11:58 AM.

11. Top | #29
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Looks great. You need some Bolt on Hooks and a toothbar for that bucket. The attachments make the difference.
    SulleyBear, JD4044M and horosho like this.
    2006 2305, 880 hours, 200CX FEL, Imatch (stationary hook), Frontier 1060E RFM, BB2048L, LR1060L, JD403 rotary cutter, Wallenstein CAN BX42, Since Tractor Time With Tim: Artillian forks, Front Hoe, 3PT adaptor, 2" receiver plate, Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket, HH Tooth bar, HH ripper/middle buster.
    Used 2014 X324 AWS 48"/Powerflo bags; 2011 Craigslist: X540 54”, MC519/Powerflo, 48 front blade; ‘78 316K/33 tiller. ‘80 314 project.

12. Top | #30
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Thanks
    Congratulations on your new tractor and toys. I highly recommend taking the mmm off and locking up hook up bracket so you dont damage it playing with everything else. It hangs down to low a;d having it in the lock position does not interfere with you using the 3 pt hitch. Not sure if anyone else mentioned this to you?

Anyway, enjoy!
    WB
    SulleyBear and horosho like this.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

13. Remove Advertisements