am i crazy?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: am i crazy?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-10-2018 @ 08:51 AM
    Thanks

am i crazy?

we had the buyers come to our house on sunday with their guy for the home inspection. we werent there and i made sure i parked my 2320 in the garage in such a way it left space for them to be able to access the attic. i always leave the keys in it because its a safe neighborhood and i am terrible at keeping track of keys. i also had my leaf blower sitting in the bucket.

so when we came home the tractor seemed like it had been moved. the leaf blower was in front of the bucket, not in it. and the kicker, the keys were sitting on the hood.

i was furious. i threw a fit like my 2 year old would do. i mean who moves another mans machine for no reason without even calling and saying, hey could you come back and move this for us, or even ask if it is ok?

i wanted to start making calls to the realtor, the buyer, the inspector, etc...luckily it was about 10 pm when we got home and by the time i woke up on monday i had cooled off some.

the only other thing would be if the buyer has kids and they were playing on it. either way im still kinda ticked off.

so am i crazy? would this make any of you guys mad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Your not crazy at all, I would be ticked also. I think a phone call to the Realtor is needed to find out what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-30-2013 @ 07:29 PM
    Thanks
    Yup, time to make some calls....

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-12-2012 @ 10:30 PM
    Crane, Mo -- near but not too near Springfield
    Thanks
    I you have all the right in world to find out the -- how and why --
    I have the knee jerk syndrome also... sometime it serves me well and sometime with regret.

I am glad nobody was hurt...

apul that should be Paul

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Oh man, that really bleeps. I would be livid. Whichever real estate representative was there should give you a straight answer if you ask calmly. After they answer, then let em have it if necessary.

Keep in mind that maybe the people had kids with them that were playing around with it so they took the keys out of the ignition while the kids were at the same time fumbling around with your blower. Maybe it's not really moved. That could just be an exaggeration of your perception.

I always leave my machine parked in Low or High range. It doesn't prevent everyone from touching it, but it will prevent many of them. Truthfully, though, if I knew I was going to have strangers poking around, I'd definitely have pulled the key.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    JR, we're on your side. I too know were and how I left my stuff. And it really burns me the lack of respect some people have for others and their property. Their answer is, " I wasn't hurt'in nothin'". They feel an excuse after the fact is better than asking up front, until they get caught. Sorry, but this is a sore spot with me. I'll bend over backwards if asked first though.

But, Chris is correct, enter the conversation calmly first as you will get better results and answers. Good luck.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    12-10-2018 @ 08:51 AM
    Thanks
    im gonna have our agent put her feelers out there. there was so much on i forgot to pull the key. and i also leave it in low range, it was in high range when i got home. at least i dont feel like a lunatic anymore for reacting the way i did. and i hear ya kenny, if they had asked i would have went straight home and moved it for them, no problem.

10. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jruffner View Post
    we had the buyers come to our house on sunday with their guy for the home inspection. we werent there and i made sure i parked my 2320 in the garage in such a way it left space for them to be able to access the attic. i always leave the keys in it because its a safe neighborhood and i am terrible at keeping track of keys. i also had my leaf blower sitting in the bucket.
    Sorry but if you are so concerned why were you not there? Seems to me you opened your house and all contents to all and then complain about it. I agree it may not be right but you basically said, help yourself.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Sorry but if you are so concerned why were you not there? Seems to me you opened your house and all contents to all and then complain about it. I agree it may not be right but you basically said, help yourself.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you sell your home, you are not welcome at many of the showing and inspections. When we sold our first home, it was a PITA to try to make sure everything worth anything was removed. Something as large as a tractor is not movable on a weekly basis along with everything else.

The lady that purchased ourt home came out every weekend until she moved in it to "look" at the home and we were asked to leave each time. Maybe its being young, but we left.

Brian

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 04:58 AM
    Thanks
    Just because the keys were in the tractor doesn't mean they were invited to run it. they could have driven it through a wall or even injured someone with it... I would think finding out if they moved the tractor, why the keys were on the hood and why it was left in high speed gear is a smart thing to do.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast