Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: New Air filter update. FREE.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:09 AM
    Thanks

New Air filter update. FREE.

Well, I emailed my dealer and explained that a good number of people have been getting their air filter re location parts for free from their dealers. I also mentioned that my existing bracket was already tightened once and that the bracket actually came loose the other day while messing around with some snow. They gave me no issue at all and asked if I wanted to schedule a service pick up for them to install the relocation parts or if I wanted them to ship the parts to my house. I emailed them last Friday and I got a big box of parts in the mail yesterday! I couldn't be more happy with my dealer at this point.

The Deere solution number is #113718 for anyone who has missed it.
    glc, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 15 others like this.

2018 John Deere 1025R with R120 FIL
    54" auto connect MMM
    53" upgrade bucket
    BIO Filled rear tires
    John Deere wheel weights
    Frontier Box Blade BB5048
    Land Pride RTA 1250 Tiller
    CID JD Green 42" pallet forks
    John Deere Imatch
    Heavy Hitch with Dual weight bracket JD Green
    3 in 1 Trailer tow heavy hitch
    Heavy Hitch Tooth bar
    Kens bolt on hooks
    Kens bolt on differential pedal
    Kens pear shaped chain shortener
    R2 MFG 3" Edge tamers
    Loader tube caps- round and square.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DEERE1025R For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (06-13-2019), Herminator (01-17-2019), lindsey97 (03-24-2019), PJR832 (02-19-2019), TheOtherChris (01-17-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,321 Posts
    I replaced my air filter assembly yesterday. You can remove the entire assembly as a unit simply by loosening the hose clamp at the base of the air inlet hose and the 3 lock nuts on the bracket on the valve cover, lifting off the entire assembly in one piece.

A 13mm socket with extension and ratchet. Another socket of either 12mm or 14mm for the new lock nuts which hold the new bracket on the core support and a Nut driver for the clamps and a 10mm box end wrench and about 10 minutes is all it takes to swap it out. Very simple and straight forward...............

A great dealer makes a world of difference, that's for sure.

Incidentally, I found the old air cleaner elements fit many of the Kawasaki engines with the same style air cleaner housing. Turns out the filters, both inner and outer on my old air cleaner assembly fit my Exmark Zero turn air cleaner perfectly, which is nice because I have two sets of spares air filters for the old style. Now I can just use those filters in my Zero turn, including the filters in the housing I just removed which were replaced just 5 hours before removing the assembly for the new style.

If you remove the entire assembly in one piece, it amazing someone thought it was a good idea to hang the weight and mass of the old canister, bracket, strap and hoses off the bracket on the valve cover. The new arrangement is much better..............
    glc, fdmars, Levi and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Tha5s really good news. When I bought mine I picked through the 1025r's that the dealer had on the lot and found 3 that were just a little shinier...and had the updated air cleaner. 1 had the FEL already mounted. I told the salesman that was the one I wanted. Im glad your dealer stepped up and fixed the issue. It might save them a warrantee claim. Might as well do it now instead of later. Its nice working with that sort of dealer!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Have any members gotten free air cleaner updates for tractors that are out of warranty or no?

Mine is still OK on my 2015 but I still hate it...
    Levi, SulleyBear and Herminator like this.
    1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    Have any members gotten free air cleaner updates for tractors that are out of warranty or no?

I have not. Mines a 2016. The bracket mount is doing ok on mine too but scares me a little as well. I did call my dealer twice on the issue and they are aware of it but wont cover it cause deere has not put a recall out on it. He did say if it breaks the engine then thats covered under the 5 year powertrain warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi and SulleyBear like this.
    2016 1025r - Amazing Machine!
    1969 112 - May need a rebuild

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post

My dealer told me they would replace it with the new style free of charge, but only if the original is broken.
    Levi, jdforever and SulleyBear like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    I got with my Deere dealer...I have a used tractor purchased from another Deere dealer....my Dealer gave me a credit of $75 and I sold the old parts for $40 on ebay so I came out pretty good. As a matter of fact Deere had engineered the filter at the front (non-engine mounted) as there were placed to bolt the new one. Also I picked up the little tabs when removing the side covers....I think Deere might have been reverse engineering on these units...

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    I got with my Deere dealer...I have a used tractor purchased from another Deere dealer....my Dealer gave me a credit of $75 and I sold the old parts for $40 on ebay so I came out pretty good. As a matter of fact Deere had engineered the filter at the front (non-engine mounted) as there were placed to bolt the new one. Also I picked up the little tabs when removing the side covers....I think Deere might have been reverse engineering on these units...
    The 1026R had the "new" design in 2011. That is why the holes are already in the firewall. Some "new young" engineer had a bright idea and FUBARed the whole thing, now we with older 1025Rs are footing the bill for Deere s blunder. What year is your machine? You have a decent dealer there. Hold on to them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    Mine is a 2014, but I bought parts before dealer agreed to make an allowance. I didn't want the jerk to damage the valve cover in anyway. The new or original system is super....smooth and easy to change filter. It was a JD blunder.
    Levi and jdforever like this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    This whole ordel about the air cleaner is a real "gear grinder". To much depends on the year of your tractor, whether it's still under warranty, whether you have had problems and your particular JD dealer. On 2018 1025R models, in April or May of this year, JD started equipping them with the updated design. My son purchased his tractor in March with the old design and I purchased mine in June with the new design. I contacted our dealer, explaining that we had different air cleaners. The dealer in turn contacted their JD representative and he without hesitation agreed to update my son's with the new design. That being said, we are very pleased with the way our dealership and JD stepped up to the plate.

However, JD obviously felt that there was something wrong with the earlier design, or they would not have changed it mid season. It seems that JD should treat any year 1025R, whether in or out of warranty the same and replace the air cleaners at no charge if asked. The problem is that they aren't and the individual dealers and their respective JD reps are treating it as they see fit. As far as machines that are out of warranty, corporate greed wants you to foot the bill for their inept design. There has been a number of reports where a $7500 engine had to be replaced, because of a broken valve cover. I also find it unacceptable that many JD dealers have yet to be advised of this problem, even though the bulletin has been out for quite some time.

We here at GTT are a very small group of JD owners compared to the rest of the world. There must be countless examples of failure that we are unaware of. Mother Deere needs to be held accountable and address this on a consistent basis. There is either a problem or there isn't. If there isn't, why does the design keep changing? Are you listening John Deere?

PS: Maybe I should have posted this in the gear grinder thread, but I thought more members would read this hear.
    Last edited by jdforever; 01-19-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jdforever For This Useful Post:

wentonbrown (02-22-2019)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast