• 4 Post By Sportshot2
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Snow Removal With 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-11-2019 @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks

Snow Removal With 1025r

I currently use my 1025r to do commercial snow removal on sidewalks and small parking lots. I use my 54" blade more than any of the other attachments, seems it is more versatile. I currently have blade mounted on front of tractor with quick attach. My question is, if I were to get the artillian attachment and mount blade on to front of tractor, will tractor have the same amount of control as it does now, or will the blade on the loader cause the tractor to be harder to control and steer while plowing?
    The blade on the loader would be nice in order to pile snow higher!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    Hey Neb, I do the same work and thought about doing a loader mounted blade. While it would be nice at times to stack and go to bucket when needed. I can also throw it into low and use the 1025 with QH 54” as a dozer through the snow piles some times.

You’d have to get a diverter set up to be able to keep curl function as well as angle for the blade.

Not sure what some of your sites are like but the length will add up quick as well. IMO for contractors the fastest is the quick hitch set up. Next season I plan on adding the larger cta blade as added height and width would be nice.
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Thanks
    I can pile snow pretty high with my 3 point mounted blade by raising it as I push into the pile. As I’m raising the blade the tractor will start to climb the pile and as soon as it starts to spin I stop. That would allow you to keep the versatility of the front quick hitch blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neblawncare23 View Post
    I currently use my 1025r to do commercial snow removal on sidewalks and small parking lots. I use my 54" blade more than any of the other attachments, seems it is more versatile. I currently have blade mounted on front of tractor with quick attach. My question is, if I were to get the artillian attachment and mount blade on to front of tractor, will tractor have the same amount of control as it does now, or will the blade on the loader cause the tractor to be harder to control and steer while plowing?
    I use the Deere 54" with the Artillian adapter on the loader with my 2032R. It's a slightly larger machine but that shouldn't matter much as far as your question here goes.

IME, there isn't that much difference as far as steering control goes between just using the Quicktach mount and using the loader mount. In either case you can lose some steering control. It all depends on the type of snow and your plowing technique. I only experience issues in heavy, wet sloppy snow. When I run into that, I have to change technique and go to more plowing in straight lines instead of angling the blade.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have the 66” CTA FEL mounted plow and you use the curl and dump hydraulics for the angle. Two things I didn’t like about it were you lost the ability to have any down pressure and the hydraulic cylinders could leak down and change the angle of the plow.

I purchased the Artillian third function hydraulics kit and now I have down pressure again and I have control over the angle of the plow. I really like the ability to push snow back from the top. I previously plowed with an X728 and it did a very good job except that in order to stack snow you had to run up the pile. Sometimes in doing this I have been stuck because the low hanging QH got hung up. With the FEL plow that won’t happen. We have gotten about 45” of snow in the last five weeks and I have piles 7 feet tall. I could never make piles that high with the X728. The test continues 6-12” forecast for this weekend.

I am very pleased with the FEL mounted plow now that I have the third function hydraulics which again gives me down pressure.
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Depending upon the parking lot sizes you are plowing, you may consider a wider plow as well. The 54" handles the standard sidewalk width when angled but a larger plow makes the plow SO MUCH more efficient. Also, the plow top flap, rubber squeegee plow edge also add to the plowing efficiency and it reduces the damage to lawn and other surfaces. Switching plows is very simple and only require pulling two pins so you could even use the 54" for sidewalks, etc. and a wider plow for larger surfaces.

I plow some 96' diameter asphalt cul de sacs and the wider plow cuts the plowing time down dramatically.

I keep very detailed records of my plowing as I plow 24 driveways and the difference of a larger plow allowed me to increase the number of driveways and reduce the time spent plowing. The less time plowing, the less fuel used and also less hours on the machine. When you plow between 125 and 175 hours per winter, saving 10% of more of time really adds up.

One thing for certain, I haven't found any other consistent use of the machine which can generate more gross and net revenue per hour than plowing snow...........not even close. It's nearly 5 times that of mowing with a commercial zero turn and the zero turn is far more efficient than mowing with a SCUT or garden tractor.
    Toughsox likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements