Has anyone used their 1025r and Box Blade for Crushed Aggregate? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Has anyone used their 1025r and Box Blade for Crushed Aggregate?

1. Top | #41
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    sometimes around here when things are very soft and we need a job like yours done .....we talk to the quarry about possibilities of hauling short loads...and drivers that are excellent at spreading (some can spread while backing) .....and some quarries have specific higher floatation trucks ...especially true for quarries that also deliver ag lime for fields ......do the same with concrete trucks on occasion

usually cost more delivery wise since they are hauling less than a full load but sometimes its worth the disucssion especially if your haul distance is short
    Last edited by ttazzman; 05-09-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #42
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttazzman View Post
    sometimes around here when things are very soft and we need a job like yours done .....we talk to the quarry about possibilities of hauling short loads...and drivers that are excellent at spreading (some can spread while backing) .....and some quarries have specific higher floatation trucks ...especially true for quarries that also deliver ag lime for fields ......do the same with concrete trucks on occasion

usually cost more delivery wise since they are hauling less than a full load but sometimes its worth the disucssion especially if your haul distance is short
    The place I am buying it from has everything from doubles to a 10 ton dump truck down to a small dump truck that is on a Chevy dually chassis. They sell landscape supplies, but their aggregate price is the same as getting it from the yards down on the river where the boats off load all the material. The landscape supply is much closer, their delivery fee is less, about half as the delivery fee is only $35 per load. It's only 4 miles from their place to mine and its the same place I always buy from and they are good to deal with.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #43
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thinking about ordering the Heavy Hitch 3 point weight bracket with the maximum suitcase weight capacity and using that on the rear for this project for rear ballast when positioning all of the material, instead of the box blade.

This is due to the weight of the heavy hitch loaded with suitcase weights, plus it would keep all of the real ballast as close to the tractor as possible. The only issue is it would require me to drive back to my house to drop the heavy hitch and put the box blade on, which is about 1/2 mile, but its not that big of a deal.

Definitely have to get the weight bracket cart for when it comes off the tractor. That sure makes the utility of the bracket much easier to work with. It sounds like I would be doing much of the material spreading with the FEL. I really should have ordered this before now.

As far as the process for the project, I would start with the landscape rake and get the site all cleaned up.

Then I would swap to the box blade doing all the surface dirt removal, etc which the rake will really get loosened up.

Then I could switch to the HH and suitcase weights to get all of the material positioned with the HH bracket and suitcase weights on the tractor. Once all the material is spread and positioned, I would then drive back up to the house, swap back to the Box blade and some suit case weight on the box blade (if necessary) to do the final grading, etc. of the material, etc.

Thanks to all who have responded, I have gotten a lot of good information and it made me think this through a little more, which helped. The information about the different materials and which size stone are best for which uses and their weights, etc was information it was nice to have confirmed by those who deal with the material professionally and regularly, because these are details which I wasn't certain about before hearing it from the GTT family.

Thanks again to all who have helped. I sincerely appreciate it.
    rtgt, mark02tj, jdforever and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #44

Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    This sounds like one heck of a project, Sully! Can't wait to see the before, during and after pictures. Not only are you going to have a lot of fun getting lots of seat time, but you're going to learn a lot about using the box blade and the FEL.

When I had my driveway blacktopped last fall, I was amazed at the guy on the Bobcat and how he graded my gravel driveway with his front bucket. He had it smoothed out in just a few minutes and was spreading the extra gravel evenly before they laid the asphalt. His technique was giving the same results as I'd seen truck drivers doing "tailgating" gravel out the back. It was pretty cool to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    This is due to the weight of the heavy hitch loaded with suitcase weights, plus it would keep all of the real ballast as close to the tractor as possible. The only issue is it would require me to drive back to my house to drop the heavy hitch and put the box blade on, which is about 1/2 mile, but its not that big of a deal.
    If you're going to be switching between the ballast and the box blade, couldn't you just leave them in the work area to save the trips to and from the house? It's not like anyone else in your neighborhood is going to be able to steal them since no one else has a tractor.

Do you have a ballast box? You could probably pick one up today from your dealer and then just fill it with the aggregate that's being delivered. With the ballast box extension, you're going to have more than enough weight in it to counterbalance your FEL. I have pea gravel in mine and it's about 800 lbs IIRC. I have a gravel pit about 3 or 4 miles from my house. I was going to fill the ballast box with concrete, but needed to fill it in a hurry to move some downed trees, so I just drove the tractor to the gravel pit, loaded the FEL with the gravel and then shoveled directly from the bucket into the ballast box. Really saved my back and only took about 10 minutes of shoveling.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. Top | #45
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    This sounds like one heck of a project, Sully! Can't wait to see the before, during and after pictures. Not only are you going to have a lot of fun getting lots of seat time, but you're going to learn a lot about using the box blade and the FEL.

When I had my driveway blacktopped last fall, I was amazed at the guy on the Bobcat and how he graded my gravel driveway with his front bucket. He had it smoothed out in just a few minutes and was spreading the extra gravel evenly before they laid the asphalt. His technique was giving the same results as I'd seen truck drivers doing "tailgating" gravel out the back. It was pretty cool to watch!

If you're going to be switching between the ballast and the box blade, couldn't you just leave them in the work area to save the trips to and from the house? It's not like anyone else in your neighborhood is going to be able to steal them since no one else has a tractor.

Do you have a ballast box? You could probably pick one up today from your dealer and then just fill it with the aggregate that's being delivered. With the ballast box extension, you're going to have more than enough weight in it to counterbalance your FEL. I have pea gravel in mine and it's about 800 lbs IIRC. I have a gravel pit about 3 or 4 miles from my house. I was going to fill the ballast box with concrete, but needed to fill it in a hurry to move some downed trees, so I just drove the tractor to the gravel pit, loaded the FEL with the gravel and then shoveled directly from the bucket into the ballast box. Really saved my back and only took about 10 minutes of shoveling.
    The obsessive compulsive in me won't allow me to leave implements where they don't belong. I am one of those everything has a place and its kept in it type of people. I would be real easy for an assassin to kill because once they saw my routine, they would know what I would be doing and when for much of the following days.....

Also, the work area is pretty tight and it's not a big deal to run home and get the items I need. Plus it gives me a chance to grab something cold to drink and such......I don't have a ballast box and really don't want one, as I already own 12 of the suitcase weights and I use them on my carry all and implements as needed. I won't be able to use the carry all as ballast on this project as the hill transitions are too steep and the back of the carry all drags when crowning hills or climbing at the base.

I need to get the rear weight bracket as it is a great system for hanging the weight. Also, the cart would be ideal for keeping the weights on the rack on the cart and all organized, right now, I have the suitcase weights not being used lined up like little soldiers along the barn wall......It's pretty amazing to think there is over $700 in weights sitting there........but they are green.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180412_113226012.jpg
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 05-10-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: koraction
    rtgt, mark02tj, jdforever and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

8. Top | #46

Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    The obsessive compulsive in me won't allow me to leave implements where they don't belong.
    I should have thought about that!

I didn't realize that you already had that many suitcase weights. I was thinking that the ballast box might save your back by not moving the weights on to the heavy hitch. I'd hate to see you needing another back surgery when this project is over!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #47
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Thanks
    Boy I am sure glad I don't have to take weights off and on my tractor. Bad enough I have to switch tools that go on it must have 5-6 of them? I sure like running rear equipment like the box blade and rear blade. You can do so much with just those 2 tools. Add in the loader and man your in heaven if it is a hydro set up. Still can't get over how easy the new tractors are to use.

10. Top | #48
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks
    Once all the material is spread and positioned, I would then drive back up to the house, swap back to the Box blade and some suit case weight on the box blade (if necessary) to do the final grading, etc. of the material, etc.
    Thinking of a couple options to bring box blade with you to job site along with ballast.

Either ballast in bucket of tractor and dump it off, then you can drop box blade and switch to weights on rear.

Or weights on rear, chain box blade to bucket to bring with, or put forks on and pick up bucket and box blade with forks.
    2018 1025R FIL 120R with Mauser Cab
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    BB2048L Box Blade
    AP10F 42" Pallet Fork
    AV20F 53" Root Grapple
    54" Front Snow Blower

11. Top | #49
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Thinking of a couple options to bring box blade with you to job site along with ballast.

Either ballast in bucket of tractor and dump it off, then you can drop box blade and switch to weights on rear.

Or weights on rear, chain box blade to bucket to bring with, or put forks on and pick up bucket and box blade with forks.
    I do this all the time when I'm cleaning up at the horse barn. I hang 4-70# suitcase weights on the cross members of my box blade, set them to the side when using the box blade and hang them for the heavier FEL work. It's a bit of a hassle hanging the weights and taking them back off, but it beats the alternative.
    Pat
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & Rotary Cutter, middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. Top | #50
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Thanks
    You guys are making me start to worry I didnít get any weights for my 1025 thatís on the way. I got a rear blade for it thatís about 170 lbs, and the I match hitch idk how heavy but I got a lot of trees to muscle around. I donít mind cutting them down to size, but would be nice to know that thing will handle bigger wood. Thoughts?
    jdforever, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast