Has anyone used their 1025r and Box Blade for Crushed Aggregate? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree402Likes

Thread: Has anyone used their 1025r and Box Blade for Crushed Aggregate?

1. Top | #71
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    I have access to excavators a couple times a year. Iím in commercial excavation. I opted out of the 7K 260 because I can pull stumps later. I got maples up to about 12Ē and a couple cottonwoods that are big. I will be picking them up, but donít have too far to go with them. I do have about 1000 lbs of rebar from job sites and will probably wind up making something I can back up to with the imatch and use it for weight. I like to make my own crap like that. Iíll also be making a hybrid brush fork for said work. Iím also going to make my own ripper rake. I have extensive backhoe/loader experience, and will find a happy medium with the little guy once I actually get it lol. (Itís been 2 1/2 weeks on order!). The cool thing about these machines is that they come with all kinds of places you can hang crap off, drag stuff, shove stuff, so being creative will keep momma from blowing steam every time I want to spend money and only need welding wire. And lots of green paint. Iím in no hurry to get the job done, so if itís small loads, so be it. If it takes all summer whatever, the cup holder wonít get lonely. And itís a level lot, so no worries on tipping over, but if you guys saw what I do with bulldozers, loaders and excavators on a daily basis, well, I have fun letís just say that. After looking at the prices of weights, Iím going to build my own counterweights. The sites I work on throw away tons of building materials daily, so if I can build it, itís better than buying some fancy green chunks of steel. Iíll make it work just fine. After all, I got you guys to armchair criticize it for me so Iím sure everything will be good to go.
    Thats the one of the things I miss about not being able to work anymore. I miss all the equiment i use to operate. I was all over Colorado, from the mountains to the plains where some of it was staring down the side of a mountain that if the tracks let go it was a 1000 feet to the bottom, to tearing down buildings with 5 stories over head and a high reach working above you while I got everything down low. To swaying in a tower crane 200ft above the guys down below flying materials and setting scaffolding and tables for the next big pour on the new Broncos stadium. Or operating the tripple 888 with the ball weighing more than most of the stuff you were flying and trying to keep the ball under control more than the load was always a good time. But being in the backhoe going from job to job, sometimes to 2 or 3 in 1 day when I was downtown Denver and the surrounding towns was the most fun until I had surgery and decided running the 450 tearing stuff down was what I needed to be doing, so much fun when a huge section of building comes down that you caused. The cleanup sucked! Lol. I am with you, all the stuff thats thrown away on projects is a shame. I would have a storage shed and all kinds of steel laying around for upcoming projects if I was still in construction. I have access to heavy equipment too and I might need to bring a excavator home depending on my new legs.
    If i was in your situation i would not have gotten a bh either. I use mine pretty regularly though as I do my own projects and help my neighbors. The tree sizes you are dealing with will easily be handled with your new toy. Knowing you are on level ground and have all the time in the world I would see how much I could pick up with your fel and have the plow and imatch on and then go from there. Building something out of rebar for weight sounds cool too. Curious to see what you come up with on your ripper and rake. I like seeing all the creative things members on here make because it might be something I can do to make my life easier.
    Have fun and any word on when you will be getting it?
    Always some good advice on here to stay safe...

WB
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #72
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Thanks
    Talked to the dealer last Friday at the 2 week mark and he said theyíre behind so couple more days. Patiently waiting. Iím almost as excited about doing the mods as I am about getting the tractor lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top | #73
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	1E317028-9C05-43AC-9E0B-6A80180270BE.jpeg†
Views:	57†
Size:	1,003.4 KB†
ID:	686234Click image for larger version.†

Name:	9F602D97-420A-4243-8044-1FBEE20A31C0.jpeg†
Views:	56†
Size:	1.41 MB†
ID:	686236
    Just some of the crap I been collecting. This is like 9 bar or something. I got some 12 bar also. That stuffs like 1 1/2 thick. I could even make implement racks w this stuff! Then Iíd be like Tim!

PS. Sorry for totally spamming your thread Sully
    wentonbrown likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #74
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post

Just some of the crap I been collecting. This is like 9 bar or something. I got some 12 bar also. That stuffs like 1 1/2 thick. I could even make implement racks w this stuff! Then Iíd be like Tim!

PS. Sorry for totally spamming your thread Sully
    SPAM Away, we are running out of steam anyways until the work actually begins.

You will be surprised how "light" the 1025r gets in a hurry when lifting things. It is unlike many heavier pieces of dedicated machinery as the lifting limits are pretty low, etc. so most normally loaded pallets for commerce are way beyond the lifting limits. Most pallets will be loaded in the 2,000 to 2,400 pound range for a lot of materials and the 1025r will just look at the large load and dream about what lifting them would be like.

I am surprised by the wait time for your new machine. The dealer I deal the usually will have a dozen or so 1025r in stock. The Deere sales are going extremely well according to their financial reports................

S

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #75

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:20 AM
    Thanks

Different names for structural fill

Its can get really confusing all the names for the dirt. Around here ďcrush and runĒ is usualy 1Ē or smaller blasted quary rock (usualy granite) with fines mixed in. Interestingly we needed an official standard for ďcrush and runĒ and our structural guy could not easily find one. I find that hard to believe because I have heard the same mix called 2b, #57, road base etc.

Sounds like in certain areas they add crushed/recycled concrete to the mix?

I second the use of rip rap (large 2-4Ē size blasted rock) for a sub base that will drain well. We once built a temporary road through a river more or less. They did use a geotextile to keep the top road base from washing into the rip rap. Geotextile is a name for very expensive felt by the way :-)
    marlinguidegun likes this.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com