1025R Stalls when I don’t move in Low Gear
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 1025R Stalls when I don’t move in Low Gear

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-11-2019 @ 01:41 AM
    Thanks
    I Was wondering why my 1025R stalls when I have it in gear and if I don’t accelerate. Then In lowers left hand corner a red light flashes that looks light oil pressure. Then right after, I go to start the tractor is very Smokey and shaky. And the red light still flashes in lower left hand corner

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Green Machine View Post
    I Was wondering why my 1025R stalls when I have it in gear and if I don’t accelerate. Then In lowers left hand corner a red light flashes that looks light oil pressure. Then right after, I go to start the tractor is very Smokey and shaky. And the red light still flashes in lower left hand corner
    Just going by what you said it sounds like it is loading up with fuel/gasoline and bogging down to low enough RPMs your oil light comes on and then it just stalls. When you start it should take a bit of turning over but when it fires off again it will smoke to it clears out the excess fuel. Now your air filter could be clogged up and choking it, carb out of adjustment, idle to low, lots of hours on the engine and burning oil fowling plugs. Try your air cleaner first. Then try increasing the throttle a tiny bit and see if it goes away and runs right. My problem is I can't hear this engine nor do I know the hours age ect. The oil light will go out when the RPM's come up. Tell us how old/hours and any other thing going on. How long since it was maintained/serviced?? I can't remember is the 1025R a diesel? If so some of this is wrong info.
    Last edited by JD4044M; 05-10-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Herminator likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Thanks
    Diesel
    Herminator likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks JD4044M. 1025R is 3 years old with 112 Hrs. My uncle used it for small work around the yard. I need to get the service record on it, But with low hrs I’m thinking maybe one service has been done on it.
    Herminator and JD4044M like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Thanks
    Then I would make sure the air filter, fuel filter are clean and check the RPMs are high enough for a correct for a idle. Also check your using fresh clean fuel incase it has sat a long time not started.
    Last edited by JD4044M; 05-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    Then I would make sure the air filter, fuel filter are clean and check the RPMs are high enough for a correct for a idle. Also check your using fresh clean fuel incase it has sat a long time not started.
    Iím with you, water in the fuel.

2018 - 1025R
    120R, 54SB, iMatch, BB5060L, RB5060L, AP10F
    2018 Z930M
    Herminator, PJR832 and JD4044M like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Thanks
    white smoke= fuel related
    Black smoke= oil related
    These days, with the cpuís The new filter elements are so sensitive to water, they will get all bent out of shape if there is even a trace in there. I encourage my guys to drain water out of the separators every morning before operating. No one likes to make a run to the shop for new filters when you got stuff to do. I donít particularly know much about these Yanmar 3 cyl diesels yet ( still waiting on my new tractor- 2 weeks and counting), but all diesels run on a closed pressure system and do NOT like contaminants. Best to start with a filter change and then go from there. At least itís starting back up, so you have some pressure. Air filters will clog up, but it takes a whole lot of restriction to lose power there. Of course my experience is with larger excavation equipment but from the little I do know, what you seem to have is a stalling issue under load, and thatís most likely a pressure problem, be it oil, or fuel. Look at the color of the smoke. Gut tells me the same as the others here. Fuel filters not happy
    Herminator, PJR832 and JD4044M like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:09 AM
    Ontario, Canada. 25 miles from Detroit Michigan
    Thanks
    Pull the air cleaner element and check it. Maybe a mouse built a nest in there for the winter

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 02:47 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,507 Posts
    I still don't understand exactly what is happening. You put the tractor in low and it stalls if you don't move? Or it stalls when you attempt to move?

Is the throttle at idle or what speed is the engine operating when this happens?

If there is water in the fuel, it would show in the fuel separator on the engine. The yellow ring will be floating. If the yellow ring is not floating, then you don't have water in the fuel. If the fuel separator is cloudy, then you might have water or worse.

Where are you located and what is the weather like? It sounds to me more like the fuel could have microbial bacteria (fungus) in it................

Whats it look like when you shine a flash light down in the fuel tank? Perhaps take a picture and post it. If you take a picture of the inside of the fuel tank so we can see what the fuel looks like, it would answer a ton of questions. Also, water is heavier than diesel and will ALWAYS go to the bottom of the tank.

What steps to take if you have water in the diesel fuel
    If it is a water issue, you will have to drain the water out. The good news is that the fuel line on the 1 series is at the bottom of the tank and there is an inline filter under the tractor operator platform.

1. - Remove the fuel line and drain the water from the tank along with the diesel fuel.

2. - Replace the small fuel filter under the floor

3. - Drain and replace the fuel filter in the fuel separator on the engine.

4. - Then, purchase NEW diesel fuel, in a clean diesel container,

5. - Treat the diesel fuel with a good fuel treatment product like Howe's or Lucas or Stanadyne.

6. - Fill the fuel separator container with new fuel when re-installing it.

7. - With clean treated fuel added into the fuel tank, the fuel separator on the engine filled with diesel, the system is self priming and will run and purge the air out of the fuel system itself. Then you will have new, clean fuel and new clean filters.

What about using a "Diesel Fuel Rescue Product?"
    Whatever you do, DO NOT use any "Emulsifier" products in your tractor. An emulsifier product is an alcohol based product which is added to the diesel fuel to "BIND" the "moisture in suspense, which is water" and run the fuel through the injector pump, injectors and burn it in the engine. VERY BAD IDEA on most diesels and especially the little Yanmar's. A product often used is the red bottles of "Emergency 911" which is intended to deal with filter freeze, fuel gelling, etc. It's the "lazy way" to deal with a fuel contamination issue and it can be hard on the engines. In fact, using diesel fuel emulsifier agents is discouraged by many engine manufacturers and can result in the warranty being voided if an emulsifier is used.

Alcohol is very corrosive and water is very "rough" and can actually destroy the injector pump and even wears the ends of the injectors off.....Water jets cut steel by simply pressurizing the water in a highly focused and pressurized stream. One of the reasons water will cut steel is because its abrasive. The injector pumps in diesel engines inject the fuel at about 30,000 to 40,000 P.S.I. pressure, which is why you do NOT want water emulsified (mixed in with) the diesel fuel.

The Correct Product to use is a "De-Emulsifier"
    A "DE-EMULSIFIER" product actually works to separate the water from the fuel so the water can be removed from the fuel. Make sure to google "Water in Diesel Fuel" and read material from diesel fuel producers, labs, etc. It will help you understand the process. Good diesel fuel "De-Emulsifier" products include the following;

https://www.amazon.com/Stanadyne-Per...gateway&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Archoil-AR620...21-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Howes-103062-...s%2C518&sr=8-6

Bio-Diesel Fuel and Moisture (water)
    Another very important point is that diesel fuel naturally has some "moisture in suspense" and diesel also attracts moisture with the tank temps differing than the fuel, from atmospheric conditions, etc. But Bio Diesel has up to 10 times the "moisture in suspense" based upon how its refined from soybeans, animal fats, etc. That's why I never run Bio diesel fuel in my machines.

Many diesel pumps have up to 20 percent bio diesel blended with petroleum diesel. If the diesel pump says B-20, it means the fuel has 20% Bio diesel. When it says B-100, its 100% biodiesel. Legally, diesel can have 10% bio diesel blended in without any disclosure under Federal regs.

Buying your Diesel Fuel
    That's why its very important to know what the fuel is you are buying and how it's made and if its blended..........Research the brand of diesel fuel you are buying and check their website and ALWAYS buy diesel fuel where its sold in high volumes, like at a truck stop. You don't want to buy diesel from a small gas station which doesn't sell much diesel as the fuel is more likely to have water if it remains in the ground tank for long periods of time.
    arlen, jdforever, JD4044M and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the good information. So it was stalling when I have it in low and idle is low. I am not moving I stop to adjust bucket for no more than 4 seconds and it starts shaking and stalls out. Then smoking furiously as I restart. In addition I found out My uncle has never serviced the tractor(112hrs) the Filters was a mess and oil is black. Found a huge issue though, As I was looking at the filter I found a hole in the top of Cylinder Head Cover. So when I used the tractor for the 30mins, it ran fine, however the Cylinder Head Cover must have been cracked and eventually created a hole. I will be investigating who used the tractor before me. But hopefully a new Cylinder Head Cover and gasket fixes the problem. I will be changing out all filters and fluids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BC9AE029-4C58-4DBD-8D31-97E0E2BAFC0E_1557550513537.jpeg 6FF46FAB-6B0B-4DF3-BD49-9020E2D3067E_1557550528549.jpeg

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast