Like Tree92Likes

Thread: “Drive Green” Event Pricing 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks

“Drive Green” Event Pricing 1025R

Hi all,

I have been looking at 1025R (in general) for a while now but figured I’d wait to really be interested until end of October/start of November to start shopping - figuring dealers would be willing to move more on price at that time...

HOWEVER, a local dealer network is offering special “Drive Green” pricing for 1025R with 120R FEL and 60D MMM for $15,500.

A few questions...
    1) Is this a John Deere sponsored discount or something the dealer network is offering independently of Deere?

2) Are good negotiators commonly able to work a dealer down to this type of pricing (for previously mentioned package)? Or maybe this is a rare great deal?

3) When is the best time of year to buy a 1025R...in other words, when is mother Deere subsidizing the biggest discounts and when are the dealers most willing to move on pricing?

4) Best price anyone has paid for a new 1025R with 120R loader and 60D mower?

Thanks in advance for your comments!!!
    Gizmo2, Levi and PJR832 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    I’m new here and obviously posted this in the wrong section. How do I move the post into a more relevant section?

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    A moderator should be along shortly to move this for you.
    It sounds like a pretty good price to me, about all you can do is shop Deere dealers in a radius around you that you are willing to drive to or they are willing to deliver to.
    You would be surprised how far some will deliver.
    After shopping hard I finally found a dealer who gave me a far better price than the ones close to me, almost two hours away.
    Sorted out most particulars on the phone, drove out to seal the deal.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ftlbsec View Post
    I’m new here and obviously posted this in the wrong section. How do I move the post into a more relevant section?
    No problem and welcome aboard!

DRobinson, Levi, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    I bought mine in November 18, but took 17% off 1025r, loader, mower, and front blower. They will try to sell you on Deere insurance if you finance it BUT check with your homeowners insurance. Mine already covered it. I would think most do.
    Levi and jdforever like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    Just bought mine a few weeks ago and I'll tell you that's a great deal! Maybe I should have waited a bit. But, then again I wouldn't have it right now.
    Gizmo2, Levi, jdforever and 2 others like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ftlbsec View Post
    HOWEVER, a local dealer network is offering special “Drive Green” pricing for 1025R with 120R FEL and 60D MMM for $15,500.

A few questions...
    1) Is this a John Deere sponsored discount or something the dealer network is offering independently of Deere?
    The Drive Green events and any "special promotions" associated with them are done by the local dealers. Deere only helps with with promotional materials. Different dealer host their Drive Green events at different times of the year. The dealer I use has their's in March. Another local dealer is hosting their's next month.

2) Are good negotiators commonly able to work a dealer down to this type of pricing (for previously mentioned package)? Or maybe this is a rare great deal?
    That's something that is dealer dependent. Some will let you haggle, some won't.

3) When is the best time of year to buy a 1025R...in other words, when is mother Deere subsidizing the biggest discounts and when are the dealers most willing to move on pricing?
    I'm not sure there is a "best time of year". There are a number of factors that play into whether or not you can get a "deal" or not. Deere Corporate only plays a small part in that.

4) Best price anyone has paid for a new 1025R with 120R loader and 60D mower?
    I can't answer that but I can look at numbers and lay this out for you:

The full MSRP price on that setup is a minimum of $20,800 according toe Deere's "Build Your Own" site.
    Deere is currently offering a 0% for 60 months + $800 off on the 1-series machines.
    So after Deere Corporate is done you'd be looking right at $20K for that setup.

Your dealer is offering $4,500 off of that price. That's a 22.5% discount. I think most people would agree that it doesn't get much better than that. 10% discounts are fairly common. A few people get 15%-18% discounts. But 22.5%? Those are pretty uncommon.
    Last edited by JimR; 05-15-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive (05-17-2019)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwire View Post
    I bought mine in November 18, but took 17% off 1025r, loader, mower, and front blower. They will try to sell you on Deere insurance if you finance it BUT check with your homeowners insurance. Mine already covered it. I would think most do.

Check those policies closely. The policy Deere sells is like mortgage insurance on your house. It pays off the loan on your tractor/implements but it isn't like a homeowner's policy.

For most of us, a homeowner's policy will cover things like if your tractor is parked in the garage and the garage catches fire or a tree falls on it during a storm. But if you drive your tractor into a pond,it catches fire while you are out using it or you total it while off your property, a homeowner's policy won't usually cover anything. The Deere policy doesn't care about any of that stuff. Plus, it's cheap. There are several threads discussing the pros/cons of that insurance on here (as well as extended warranty plans!)
    Zebrafive, Levi, jdforever and 6 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    That’s a killer deal! You can almost get a free 260 on the back for the regular price of tractor/60D/120R. Make sure it’s all the latest equipment
    Levi, jdforever, Toughsox and 1 others like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast