Green Tractor Talk banner

1025r 60" mower deck

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Zeke_in_SC 
#1 ·
have 1025r three years old with hydraulic lift for 60" mower deck. The deck no longer comes up to where mower is level when in lift position. Rear of deck always higher than front.

#2 ·
Check that the front draft arm adjuster bolt is still in your draft arms. #3 in the picture, held in with 2 nuts (#2 in the picture). It may have fallen out, or is out of adjustment.
Without it, the front will drop when lifting, and/or the front drafts arms may not/won't engage when attaching the deck.

Auto part Automotive fuel system Automotive window part Automotive exterior Diagram

Reactions: North585
#3 ·
Check that the front draft arm adjuster bolt is still in your draft arms. #3 in the picture, held in with 2 nuts (#2 in the picture). It may have fallen out, or is out of adjustment.
Without it, the front will drop when lifting, and/or the front drafts arms may not/won't engage when attaching the deck.

View attachment 686618
Draft arms the same for a 54d and 60D for a 1 series?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
The adjustment nuts (1), that Kylew referenced, is the adjustment for the deck front height. If it loosened up or anything that will impact the position of the draft arm, the front of the deck will drop in height. Normally, you'll want the front edge of the blades 1/4" lower than the back edge, when they are positioned parallel to the long axis of the tractor. The outboard guide wheels should not be supporting the mower deck when it is the mowing position. The deck should remain suspended from the supporting linkage. There be approximately a 1/4" between the bottom of the guide wheels and the ground, when parked on a flat surface.

The mower deck blade height adjustment procedure is set forth in the Operator's Manual, which I've attached.

Attachments

Reactions: kylew and North585
#7 ·
This happens to me sometimes when I'm reconnecting. It just means something didn't seat correctly. So far (three years now), I've been able to just back off, realign, and reconnect. It's usually because I didn't find a good level (side to side) spot when I dropped it. Sometimes I'll lift it while it's not correct (as you described) and move it to another location and have better luck.

I probably could use some adjustments by following the guidance others have given you above, but so far I've worked through it. Good luck.

Reactions: kylew
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.