1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off) - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree405Likes

Thread: 1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off)

1. Top | #11

Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    Did you take a sample of the oil for analysis? That could indicate what caused the problem and if a mechanical failure because of JD error or defect then JD should make it good even if out of warranty.
    Toughsox likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewView View Post
    T2timmy thank you for your insight. I guess I just need to convince John deere on this. Our dealer I'm not convinced has the knowledge to put 2 in 2 together. When I ordered that part I would think that they had at least of heard of this issue. Seems kinda coincidence that not even a week after replacing that it happend. Now that I think of it the tractor was running rough n that time . My wife would look at me when she heard it (coughing) is what she called it.
    It had already ingested part of the intake plate if this is the case. I would heavily pressure your dealer into "dealing" with this. By the sounds of it, you require a new long block at the least. These Yanmar engines are really reliable, but when outside influences cause failure, is when it hits the fan. (or the top of the piston then out the side in this case)

To be a fly on the wall at the Yanmar engineering room in Osaka when they learned what was being bolted to the intake plate. Im not sure how to say "I didnt sign off on that!" in Japanese!
    Last edited by 1962Lark; 05-20-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Levi, jdforever, PJR832 and 2 others like this.

4. Top | #13

Last Online
    06-11-2019 @ 08:56 PM
    Thanks
    1962lark.. would that cause it to run rough and spit and sputter. I actually thought maybe was bad gas or something

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Thanks
    1962lark.. would that cause it to run rough and spit and sputter. I actually thought maybe was bad gas or something
    These motors always start a bit chokey and smokey at first cold start. That is common. But they are excellent engine and run forever. But your issue is totally related to the broken valve cover due to the air cleaner mount. No Ifís Andís or Butís. Read through the very long posts on this issue. Youl see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, jdforever, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2016 1025r - Amazing Machine!
    1969 112 - May need a rebuild

7. Top | #15

Last Online
    Thanks
    Absolutely it can. Having an imbalance of compression/airflow across the engine can cause an upset in the other cylinders. Considering we've only got 3, it doesn't take much.

The "spit/sputter" you noticed was likely a lack of compression in one or more cylinders. No doubt caused by either an ingestion of parts, or ingestion of dust/debris while working. Either is obviously a bad situation. Like I mentioned earlier, this tractor will need a new engine in my opinion given the information we've got. The air cleaner damage is well known, so I would be pressuring my dealership to go to bat for me with Deere. It is really no fault of Yanmar, unless they gave explicit permission to mount the air cleaner the way Deere did. My opinion of course. Your mileage may vary.

8. Top | #16

Last Online
    Thanks
    I will definitely read them I did see a few things online when it broke and had seen a few cases. I didnt see anything that said it would cause this problem but it does make sense. In your opinion should John deere cover this. I called a different dealer on a engine cost . It was like 7,000. We just paid the tractor off and are besides are self's on what to do and how to go about it.
    The thing that really upsets me is we have spent almost 60 grand n past 5 years with this dealer and they kinda passed it on to us to get ahold of John deere instead of at least offering to contact someone on our behalf.
    Levi, jdforever and Toughsox like this.

9. Top | #17

Last Online
    Thanks
    I did not have a oil sample done a friend told me it looked like radiator was mixed with engine oil somehow. I have no clue

10. Top | #18

Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    John Deere has a a program to repair the air cleaner free of charge. Program # 18LV188. Give your dealer the program number and they will repair it. They will replace the engine if it is damaged. DTAC: number 116873.
    Last edited by RLstangs; 05-20-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    Kennyd, North585, rtgt and 7 others like this.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RLstangs For This Useful Post:

Auguste†(05-21-2019), joshn3448†(05-22-2019), Levi†(05-21-2019), msheron†(05-30-2019), PJR832†(05-21-2019), rtgt†(05-22-2019), WhiskeySixRadio†(06-15-2019)

12. Top | #19

Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    I did not have a oil sample done a friend told me it looked like radiator was mixed with engine oil somehow. I have no clue
    Was that after the incident? Dosen't matter the oil analysis could possibly still have revealed JD ah oh's.
    Toughsox likes this.

13. Top | #20

Last Online
    Thanks
    An oil analaysis is of no use when something is ingested into the intake. Everything is hunky dory until it isnt.

Its a known issue. Deere should cover it.

If for some unbeknownst reason they or any other surrounding dealer has turned their back on you and you cant get anywhere with Deere, I would consult a local AG mechanic to change the engine with a drop in. In these little tractors it isnt rocket science, and it will likely be cheaper.

That said, I would be fighting tooth and nail to get Deere to cover it. Known issue.
    Kennyd, kylew and Toughsox like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast