1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off) - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: 1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off)

1. Top | #71

Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Thanks
    In reply with NewView's issues...I have found that it is a great ideal to have personal contact with the sales department/service department/parts department at the dealership. John Deere has a dealer representative with responsibility to approve warranty and or replacement items. Therefore the dealer has to have a good relation with their representative and they will also evaluate the type/quality of customer with the problem. It's somewhat of a sensitive issue on no warranty items and even on warranty items and is somewhat political in nature. I would say the least effective arrangement would be anger, threats of legal action and the like. This site like others arms the equipment owner with as much or possibly more knowledge and contact about problems and solutions. Personal preferences and interests also are factors with equipment use. I will give example of this. I see a lot of rave and post on the new 210B backhoe with two seats. My personal preference is the rotating seat, however John Deere used a cast ended swivel and they would break. A simple replacement in stainless from McMaster's solves all these issue and you can have choice of two different sizes. A friend in the business said this is the Cadillac seat and now John Deere marketed the two seats which are cheaper at a higher cost to the consumer. The two seats prevents the use of the backhoe controls from the tractor operation position which I do all the time. This is one example of marketing and sales verses versus best use. John Deere like all the manufacturers have to change something to promote an inflations price. Increasing revenues is always a factor with any large corporation. My goal as user/mechanic/consumer is to simplify equipment producing the same or better results while keeping my cost of operation at the lowest possible cost. The more unnecessary addons you place on equipment the more maintenance and break down you'll experience. I personally like simpler. Really enjoy this forum, wishing the best for everyone.
    jdforever, Toughsox and bfloyd4445 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #72

Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    In installing the FWD indicator (post) I fiddled with the newly-installed air cleaner (June) and low and behold, dust was coming out the port. Never got much from the old, VC mount affair. Makes me wonder, those who converted or purchased post conversion, any sense as to whether these upgrades are also filtering better?
    jdforever likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dieseldoghouse For This Useful Post:

NotYourGrandfathersDeere (07-22-2019)

5. Top | #73

Last Online
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoghouse View Post
    In installing the FWD indicator (post) I fiddled with the newly-installed air cleaner (June) and low and behold, dust was coming out the port. Never got much from the old, VC mount affair. Makes me wonder, those who converted or purchased post conversion, any sense as to whether these upgrades are also filtering better?
    You bring up a good point. I'm going to have to have a look at mine. It's been on almost 8 months now. Thanks for bringing that up........
    jdforever likes this.
    2018 JD 1025r, 54" mower deck, backhoe, front-end-loader, Braber Equipment post hole auger, 9 and 12" augers,
    1999 +/- Craftsman lawn tractor, 46" mower deck.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #74
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    In reply with NewView's issues...I have found that it is a great ideal to have personal contact with the sales department/service department/parts department at the dealership. John Deere has a dealer representative with responsibility to approve warranty and or replacement items. Therefore the dealer has to have a good relation with their representative and they will also evaluate the type/quality of customer with the problem. It's somewhat of a sensitive issue on no warranty items and even on warranty items and is somewhat political in nature. I would say the least effective arrangement would be anger, threats of legal action and the like. This site like others arms the equipment owner with as much or possibly more knowledge and contact about problems and solutions. Personal preferences and interests also are factors with equipment use. I will give example of this. I see a lot of rave and post on the new 210B backhoe with two seats. My personal preference is the rotating seat, however John Deere used a cast ended swivel and they would break. A simple replacement in stainless from McMaster's solves all these issue and you can have choice of two different sizes. A friend in the business said this is the Cadillac seat and now John Deere marketed the two seats which are cheaper at a higher cost to the consumer. The two seats prevents the use of the backhoe controls from the tractor operation position which I do all the time. This is one example of marketing and sales verses versus best use. John Deere like all the manufacturers have to change something to promote an inflations price. Increasing revenues is always a factor with any large corporation. My goal as user/mechanic/consumer is to simplify equipment producing the same or better results while keeping my cost of operation at the lowest possible cost. The more unnecessary addons you place on equipment the more maintenance and break down you'll experience. I personally like simpler. Really enjoy this forum, wishing the best for everyone.
    I like the 2 seat set up much better. One of the reasons I chose the Deere. I operate the backhoe controls from the tractor seat all the time. It's not a problem. I tested that I could before I bought it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, jdforever and bfloyd4445 like this.
    Matt
    2019 2025R loader backhoe fork attachment brush mower back blade.

8. Top | #75

Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Thanks

Air Cleaner Replacement

Just got my tractor back from the dealer with the new air cleaner installed. No cost to me. I only have 17 hours on my new machine and I just wanted to take care of the possible problem.
    1025R
    JD 647 Tiller
    JD 120R front end loader
    Heavy Hitch Super Duty single weight rack with cart
    8 JD suitcase weights (42 lbs)
    Heavy Hitch bucket tooth bar
    Ken's hooks, 2' receiver, seat springs, chain shortener and new handle for using the left loader mast to mount up
    Mirror on right loader mast
    RB 2060 rear blade
    54" front quick mount snow blower

9. Top | #76

Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    I like the 2 seat set up much better. One of the reasons I chose the Deere. I operate the backhoe controls from the tractor seat all the time. It's not a problem. I tested that I could before I bought it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yep. i agree. And the 2nd seat is handy if you have a helper. I was going to get an MF until I saw that the Deere had went back to two seats from one. I asked JD the reason and they said they did it because customers requested it.
    BigJim55 and jdforever like this.

10. Top | #77
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    Yep. i agree. And the 2nd seat is handy if you have a helper. I was going to get an MF until I saw that the Deere had went back to two seats from one. I asked JD the reason and they said they did it because customers requested it.
    My seats won't both go down at the same time. So how dose that help with a helper?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Matt

11. Top | #78

Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    My seats won't both go down at the same time. So how dose that help with a helper?

I haven't done it myself but i noticed a utube of a 2032r 0r 38r and person riding on the bh seat. I'll check it out next week when mine gets back from the dealers to see if that will work. I never thought of using that way till i saw that video
    Just tried to find the vid i saw but noticed pix of the 270B attached to 2032-38r tractor show seat in the down position

First Use! John Deere 2038R 270B Backhoe - YouTube
    Last edited by bfloyd4445; 07-25-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    jdforever likes this.

12. Top | #79
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks

What year is your tractor

Quote Originally Posted by robwheeler View Post
    Just got my tractor back from the dealer with the new air cleaner installed. No cost to me. I only have 17 hours on my new machine and I just wanted to take care of the possible problem.
    Hi
    I thought Deere fixed this issue on new tractors? I Bought mine in June 2019 should I contact the dealer?
    Thanks
    CH
    The great thing about the 2nd amendment is it is of no importance, until you need it.
    Love your country, but never trust the Government!

2019 JD 1023e, 120r loader, 54D mower deck. Previously JD Saber 25hp, 54” mower deck, snow blade, lasted 20+ yrs. with good maintenance.

13. Top | #80
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    I haven't done it myself but i noticed a utube of a 2032r 0r 38r and person riding on the bh seat. I'll check it out next week when mine gets back from the dealers to see if that will work. I never thought of using that way till i saw that video
    Just tried to find the vid i saw but noticed pix of the 270B attached to 2032-38r tractor show seat in the down position

First Use! John Deere 2038R 270B Backhoe - YouTube
    Mine is a 2025R. It's more the size of a 1025R. That one is quite a bit longer. Mine won't do that. Even with the forward seat all the way forward. Maybe if I remove the manual box but I don't think so. That would be cool though. Not sure it would be safe. No seat belt and facing backwards. But there would be place for your feet on the backhoe floor.
    BigJim55 and jdforever like this.
    Matt

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast