What did you name your SCUT tractor?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: What did you name your SCUT tractor?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Thanks

What did you name your SCUT tractor?

After owning my 1025r I decided it needed a name so I now call it Bucky.

What do you call your SCUT (when it is working and not when it has let you down ) ?
    Levi, OxPath, jdforever and 6 others like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,426 Posts
    So why "Bucky"? Like to hear the story......

I call it "the tractor" and on GTT, "the 1025r".......never got into naming inanimate objects. But I know a lot of people do name them.....Let's see, Wenton Brown calls his tractor "Betsy" and I see some graduation pictures this past week where a new GTT member called it "Little Johnny" or "Little John".

Mrs. Bear calls it "your tractor" and she won't drive it.......I once got her to drive it about 10 ft straight on the driveway and she said "too many levers and pedals and thingies" and that was that...............just as well.
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 05-27-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 10 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    So why "Bucky"? Like to hear the story......

I call it "the tractor" and on GTT, "the 1025r".......never got into naming inanimate objects. But I know a lot of people do name them.....Let's see, Wenton Brown calls his tractor "Betsy" and I see some graduation pictures this past week where a new GTT member called it "Little Johnny" or "Little John".

Mrs. Bear calls it "your tractor" and she won't drive it.......I once got her to drive it about 10 ft straight on the driveway and she said "too many levers and pedals and thingies" and that was that...............just as well.
    My neighbor's younger kids said the 1025r was too small to be called a Deere so they started calling it Bambi

Bambi doesn't work for me because I like to hunt so I decided, with the neighbor's kids approval, to call it Bucky

My partner drove Bucky a couple of times when I was picking branches in the yard . . . but after she hit a tree with the loader bucket, that was it!
    Levi, OxPath, mark02tj and 9 others like this.

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks

Sam

iI call my tractor SAM. as in Uncle Sam. No matter how much money I spend on it, it always wants something more. I wouldn’t be surprised for it to somehow tell me “BUT ITS FOR THE CHILDREN” to get the next thing it absolutely has to have.
    Levi, OxPath, jdforever and 10 others like this.
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    My wife calls it Helga. “Are you going to play with Helga?”

And if I should look covetously at another tractor, I get “what would Helga think?”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 10 others like this.
    Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers : BXPanded 6" bucket w/coupler
    2014 X320 : Johnny Plow/Johnny Bucket : Bagger

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    LGM. Little green machine!

I originally named it Little green beast or LGB. I like that better but my gay friends started messing me with and asking if they can borrow my little gay tractor so i changed it to LGM (LGB= lesbian, gays, & bisexual)

I still call it Little Green Beast when i say all the words

The back story on the name
    I borrowed my buddies 4 series orange tractor. To work around the house. I needed it wayyyyy longer than he could let me borrow it so I went and bought my own 1025 TLB. It became Little Green Beast after just hours of us using it. It did everything the 4 Series did just slower. I was amazed.
    Levi, OxPath, mark02tj and 10 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    I name all my machines. I can't swear at, or praise, them effectively without giving them identity. And they do seem to have a personality to go with it.

My 2032R (I know, MCUT) is George. I was running low on meaningful names and George has been my catch-all name for when I forget. When I explain how bad my memory for names is and why I decided on George as a default, many people think it is funny and don't mind. I have "Georged" quite a few with good results. Oddly, most are young ladies. One was a nervous bride just before the ceremony at my wife's church where I was helping in the kitchen. It helped ease her tension, and when it was over I hollered "congratulations George" and she hollered "Thanks" back. Her new husband gave her a funny look. I didn't know either of them.

I thought I was done naming as I was done getting machines when I got a plate compactor yesterday. Haven't thought up a name yet. Perhaps Thumper, as in the rabbit?

Some names are descriptive such as Zip for the log splitter and Chip for the chipper. Some have a relationship such as Jenny and Jack for my two yard mules (riding mowers without a deck), some are take-offs on their brand name such as Airy for the Ariens snowblower. Some have no rhyme or reason. None are named for people I know.

Dobbin (my truck work horse) whinnys and Midnite (wife's car) now barks and bays like the hounds. We have a lot of fun with that.

I know, I'm a little crazy but it does keep life interesting. Being normal is so boring.
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 10 others like this.
    2032R, 220R FEL, 270B Backhoe, RT1157 Tiller, 59" 2000 Snow Blower, LR 2072 Rake, OTC Cab, CL Subsoiler, 3pt Tow Hitch, UA 42" Forks, IMatch with Kenny's Hook, Kenny's Bolt-On Hooks

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks
    Mr. Green Jeans Genes
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 7 others like this.
    Wayne

2016 1025 R (Mr. Green Genes)
    H-120 53" Front End Loader
    D-60 Mid Mount Mower
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks Combo Deal!!
    i-match quick hitch
    JD ballast box
    Heavy Hitch Receiver
    CMP Dethatcher
    TSC Middle Buster
    King Kutter 48" Rotary Cutter
    4' Tiller Country Way
    Extended Hook and adjustment pins

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinguidegun View Post
    My wife calls it Helga. “Are you going to play with Helga?”

And if I should look covetously at another tractor, I get “what would Helga think?”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is funny !!!
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 8 others like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    Um... "Dustpan" is probably the best one. Spend a lot of time running stuff to a burn pile with the loader bucket attached. Forks also works well, but "Forks" is kind of a dumb name.
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 6 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast