Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree315Likes

Thread: Cold Feet?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 06:19 PM
    Thanks

Cold Feet?

If you had two choices, knowing what you know now as owners of 1025r series, would you choose the 1025r TLB or the 2032r with bucket only? My plan is to pick up my 1025r TLB this week but I guess I'm having cold feet. I only own 3 acres but plan on plowing driveways and spreading salt in the winter. I don't use it as a mower but do plan on cleaning up some trees and brush to clean up the property. What do you think?

Thank you for your input. Big purchases make me think too much.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, jdforever and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks
    I can’t tell you what size to go with. I have the 2038r now on 2.25 acres because the 1025r was too short to comfortably get over the side of my dump trailer.

My 2 cents are that I would never get the backhoe. I don’t think you’ll ever break even or come close to on that investment and even if you did use it a lot it is just not an efficient way to dig. For pipes or cables and ditch witch is far superior and for normal digging a mini ex will shine.

I do think you’ll be happy either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2, JKR, theduke and 2 others like this.
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    My 1 series TLB has proven exceptionally useful and yes, I have to mow with it, although with my rear yard 4 wheel drive is required frequently.
    I really wanted a 2 series for the wheel diameters and slightly better lift height but everything for it was higher priced and I could barely afford what I got.
    Backhoe is a treat! I'm guessing you are forgoing that on the 2 series to keep the price down?
    My suggestion is get the 2 series with a backhoe if you can, but if you have digging projects you may not mind the smaller tractor.
    Gizmo2, JKR, jdforever and 6 others like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    I have learned a LOT being a member here in my short time. The retirement property the Mrs and I are planning on will be between 2-4 acres at most.

Thus, I had started out with wanting the 1025R and knew that the Mauser cab was a definite-must-have option for us. It seemed like a perfect fit but after figuring in getting wheel spacers and larger wheels to give it a little more balance, we felt the 2025R would be a better fit due to the size and the price not being all that much different.

A 2032 though, in my opinion (which is what you asked for) is WAY too much overkill for what we proposed to do with ours. The extra $6K for the larger tractor is the cost of the Mauser cab..... and Id rather it take a little longer, but staying alot warmer in the winter any day!!!

Dont get me wrong, Ive gone and checked out both machines and I admit, its gorgeous but..... its just way too much tractor for what Id ever use it for.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    My 1 series TLB has proven exceptionally useful and yes, I have to mow with it, although with my rear yard 4 wheel drive is required frequently.
    I really wanted a 2 series for the wheel diameters and slightly better lift height but everything for it was higher priced and I could barely afford what I got.
    Backhoe is a treat! I'm guessing you are forgoing that on the 2 series to keep the price down?
    My suggestion is get the 2 series with a backhoe if you can, but if you have digging projects you may not mind the smaller tractor.
    Thanks, If I bought the 2 series the backhoe would put it too far out of budget considering some other implements that I would need to purchase.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    I have learned a LOT being a member here in my short time. The retirement property the Mrs and I are planning on will be between 2-4 acres at most.

Thus, I had started out with wanting the 1025R and knew that the Mauser cab was a definite-must-have option for us. It seemed like a perfect fit but after figuring in getting wheel spacers and larger wheels to give it a little more balance, we felt the 2025R would be a better fit due to the size and the price not being all that much different.

A 2032 though, in my opinion (which is what you asked for) is WAY too much overkill for what we proposed to do with ours. The extra $6K for the larger tractor is the cost of the Mauser cab..... and Id rather it take a little longer, but staying alot warmer in the winter any day!!!

Dont get me wrong, Ive gone and checked out both machines and I admit, its gorgeous but..... its just way too much tractor for what Id ever use it for.
    Very good points. Thank you!
    Herminator, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Thanks
    You sound like the perfect candidate for the 2025r.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 1,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    I agree.
    BigJim55, jdforever and Toughsox like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Having cold feet is understandable. If you're already committed to the 1025, via signed documents, don't worry. You're gonna love it. I have 4 acres and snow plow drives and our 1/4 mile gravel road, as well as box blade the potholes in the road with my 1025 (among other things). Sometimes I think I'd like a larger tractor, but for my size yard it's just about right. Besides, the money the larger tractor would cost I can get implements instead for the 1025. Now I can do a lot with/to my yard...anytime I want.

As far as the backhoe, I love it. Today the Mrs & I planted our flowers for the season and I had to go to the part of our yard that has great black dirt and scoop up some and use in the planting. 5 backhoe buckets dumped into the garden cart in about 5 minutes and off she went (pulled by the other tractor). Another 2 projects I did last year with the backhoe.....300 feet of drain tile for the downspouts on the house and barn. Best thing.....I could do it at my leisure and not once did I hurt my back

Another great thing about a TLB....resale. They lose very little of their value.

Just food for thought.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    With a Mauser cab on it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast