Like Tree137Likes

Thread: New 1025R, some questions.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks

New 1025R, some questions.

Hello and new here.

I am buying a 1025R from my local dealer as they have some leftover 2018 models new that JD wants them to move. I am getting it equipped with a 54" ride over deck and the FEL (120R). My question is has anyone seen or heard if JD will make the "Load N Go" for the 54" deck? I am also looking to a iMatch hitch as well as I am looking to add a box blade and rotary tiller in the future.

What are the ups and downs with this little tractor I should be aware of? After comparing apples and oranges with other brands I found the JD to be the most refined and I have always heard great things about the Yanmar engines.

I look forward to getting it in hand and working it for sure.
    Gizmo2, OxPath, jdforever and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

Noticed you didn't post a Ballast box... You will need something on the back with a FEL
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome from Milan, OH!
    jdforever, SulleyBear and msheron like this.
    Chris
    2018 1025R TLB, (260b) 60d mmm, HF iMatch, PHD, rear blade, trailer mover, Ken's BoHs, Traveler LED rear and front work lights.
    2018 3046R w/FEL, HF iMatch, 60" Titan tiller, 60" Titan rotary cutter, pallet forks, rear blade, Ken's BoHs, trailer mover, Traveler LED lights.
    1994 F911 Lawnmower 72" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Thanks
    It looks like the 54 inch deck is not wide enough to accommodate load n go brackets. Check to see what air cleaner assy it has. If there is a bracket connected to the engine valve cover, tell them you will be needing the up-graded air cleaner kit installed before you buy. Read this thread if you don't know about this problem.
    1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off)
    Last edited by jimmylh; 05-30-2019 at 04:55 AM.
    jdforever, kylew and msheron like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    SulleyBear and msheron like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 638 Posts
    Welcome from New York!

There are a bunch of threads discussing the ups and downs of the 1025R. It is a proven unit which has been around for quite a few years.
    kylew and msheron like this.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Thanks
    msheron likes this.
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60HC mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

Noticed you didn't post a Ballast box... You will need something on the back with a FEL
    You know.....slipped my mind to load the rear! I do need a ballast box too! Thanks for adding to my buying list....LOL
    etcallhome, jdforever and rakane like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to msheron For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (05-30-2019)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    It looks like the 54 inch deck is not wide enough to accommodate load n go brackets. Check to see what air cleaner assy it has. If there is a bracket connected to the engine valve cover, tell them you will be needing the up-graded air cleaner kit installed before you buy. Read this thread if you don't know about this problem.
    1025r Engine Damage (air cleaner broke off)
    Thank you for the link and heads up as I had not heard this issue with the 1025R. Looks easy to pop the hood and see if it has been done for sure. I will certainly do this and refer to the solution #: The Deere solution number is #113718

Once again my friend thank you very much! You guys have been great to a noobie JD soon to be owner.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msheron View Post
    Thank you for the link and heads up as I had not heard this issue with the 1025R. Looks easy to pop the hood and see if it has been done for sure. I will certainly do this and refer to the solution #: The Deere solution number is #113718

Once again my friend thank you very much! You guys have been great to a noobie JD soon to be owner.
    Being a 2018, it should have the updated air cleaner assembly, but it is wise to verify. Also, don't think of "left over 2018 model units" as you do a year old car model as these units are rarely based upon model year when sold and re-sold. The hours of use on the machine mean than its model year.

In fact, for many the older models hold more appeal as some of the "updates" which have been made to the tractor have been regressive in nature to many experienced owners. For example, the forward facing ROPS (Roll over Protection Structure) on 2018 and newer models along with Deere now requiring a tool to open the hood have both been very unpopular with most 1025r owners.

Really, the important part of being the owner of a SCUT (Sub Compact Utility Tractor) is that you are happy with the machine, have a strong dealer with great customer service and learning all of the new ways which the machine will make your life and projects easier. The best way to learn about your machine and new and exciting ways to use it SAFELY is being an active member here on GTT......

And remember, there is no such thing as a "Stupid Question" here on GTT as everyone has to learn and generally, GTT has a great group of people who are very willing to help and share information. Not everyone always agrees and many arrive at the same destination after having taken many different routes. But isn't that just like life, itself?

Just FYI, one of the most popular attachments and most widely used are front Pallet Forks for your tractor. Make sure to read about the importance of selecting the pallet forks which suit your planned use of the machine. Every single pound of implement weight is one less pound of lifting capacity, so keep that in mind and don't get caught up in whether the forks are rated for 3,500 pounds or 4,000 pounds as your machines lifting limit is much closer to 1,000 pounds gross weight.

Welcome to GTT. Please make sure to spend time reading about the safe ways to operate your machine. Here are a couple of the safe operating tips to ALWAYS keep in mind;

- Make sure to properly use rear ballast. Whether its a ballast box, rear suitcase weights or the use of a rear implement, its critical to have the rear of the machine balanced with weight to match that of the FEL in use.

- Whenever you are carrying anything with the FEL, ALWAYS carry the load as low to the ground as you safely can. Never should the load or bucket be above hood height when the tractor is moving with the load.

- The center of gravity on these machines changes dramatically and you always need to be aware of this when using it.

- It's important to put the transfer case into 4wd when carrying loads with the FEL or on the rear 3 point hitch when dealing with any inclines or varying terrain. Often, when cresting even a small incline, the rear wheels of the machine will unload and when the machine is not in 4wd, its easy to lose speed control of the machine going down the hill. Having the tractor in 4wd engages the front wheels and helps to control the machines descent down the hill.......

- Make sure to have the ROPS up when using the machine on any slopes, grades, etc. even ditches.

- Make sure to verify if your garage door clears the ROPS before you drive in or out of the building. This is a very common mistake made by a majority of the owners and you don't want to join the "ROPS and Garage Door Header Impact / Damage Club."

- 80% of all tractor accidents happen to "experienced or very experienced users" so no one is immune to the safety concerns.

Welcome to GTT, make the most of this website and its great group of people and it will enhance your tractor ownership experience.

Plus, we are really good at helping owners spend money...... on new implements, attachments, etc.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast