• 2 Post By msheron
  • 4 Post By Martlet

Thread: 1025r?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks

1025r?

In the market for a small tractor for around the homestead. Starting out with the FEL and belly mower. I had my heart set on the Kubota and it was over $2k cheaper. I drove them both today and I think I've flopped to the Deere. An added bonus is my father bought a 2305 awhile ago, but I'm not sure what year. He has a snow blade, tiller, rake, brush hog, and a few other items he'll give me as he no longer uses them. Will the implements that fit a 2305 also fit a 1025R?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 1,274 Posts
    Yes they will, and your neighbors will green with envy.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PJR832 For This Useful Post:

Martlet (05-31-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Thanks
    I just bought my first tractor myself. I had a deposit on a new 1025r but got cold feet with the 20k it was going to cost. I ended up with a used 1025r with 282 hours for 11.5. Anyway I did a lot of reading online and I think the 1025 has more lift capacity than the similar Kubotas. I also noticed that the Kubotas only have one hydro for the bucket where the Deere has 2. Good luck with your new wheels!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    I just bought a new last year (2018) 1025R the dealer had, actually had a few that were brand new. Got it with the FEL 120R and the 54" ride over mowing deck. I looked hard at the 1023E as it was slightly cheaper but when my LD told me I could get a left over 2018 1025R with the equipment which I listed above for around $1700 more than a 1023E, I was sold. I liked the upgrades and it was worth it.

Now to your comparison of the Kubota. Fine well made tractors that even a Deere person would not disagree on I would say. However, in the sub-compact world and fact I wanted my tractor to be a mower too, no other could stack up to the ease and refinement of the Deere. I even looked at Mahindra; Kioti; New Holland; MF and so on in that class. Plus the Yanmar engines seem to be indestructible if you service them and work them as intended.

Now in my past I have had Kubota; Husqvarna and Deere as mowers as well as a much larger tractor in a New Holland when I had a 21 acre piece of property I was bush hogging yearly of about 7 acres. So I have owned a diverse few. But like I said with Deere and fact after going to my LD to see what the 1 Series was about I was sold.

Implements...….well that is great you are inheriting those as you will see, even good used implements aren't too cheap. But most 3 pt. implements interchange for the most part I think and I could be wrong it is an almost industry std. to a degree. Which that is a good thing no one has some silly dimensional builds that make them only for a specific manufacturer for the most.

Good luck and I sure do hope mine comes in soon. It is here as of yesterday at the dealer.....they are setting it up and making sure the air cleaner fix has been done to it that I found out here on the forum that plagues the 1025R.
    Last edited by msheron; 06-01-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    rtgt, jdforever and Kbar like this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Just got one myself. Got 6 hours on it. It’s a pretty capable little guy that works as advertise so far. Lots of customer support and they back up their product. Apples and oranges with the brand. Co worker has been running Kubota on his farm for years and they swear by it. Mainly because they have a dealer a mile away and the owner knows his grandpa etc. so they use what works for them. I had a JD 300 given to me some years ago from the in laws when they moved to Hawaii and I used the heck out of it, and it worked flawlessly for years, so I went with the green. Bonus on the attachments fitting. Looks like a no brainer. Go green and prosper my friend
    rtgt, jdforever and kylew like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msheron View Post
    I just bought a new last year (2018) 1025R the dealer had, actually had a few that were brand new. Got it with the FEL 120R and the 54" ride over mowing deck. I looked hard at the 1023E as it was slightly cheaper but when my LD told me I could get a left over 2018 1025R with the equipment which I listed above for around $1700 more than a 1023E, I was sold. I liked the upgrades and it was worth it.

Now to your comparison of the Kubota. Fine well made tractors that even a Deere person would not disagree on I would say. However, in the sub-compact world and fact I wanted my tractor to be a mower too, no other could stack up to the ease and refinement of the Deere. I even looked at Mahindra; Kioti; New Holland; MF and so on in that class. Plus the Yanmar engines seem to be indestructible if you service them and work them as intended.

Now in my past I have had Kubota; Husqvarna and Deere as mowers as well as a much larger tractor in a New Holland when I had a 21 acre piece of property I was bush hogging yearly of about 7 acres. So I have owned a diverse few. But like I said with Deere and fact after going to my LD to see what the 1 Series was about I was sold.

Implements...….well that is great you are inheriting those as you will see, even good used implements aren't too cheap. But most 3 pt. implements interchange for the most part I think and I could be wrong it is an almost industry std. to a degree. Which that is a good thing no one has some silly dimensional builds that make them only for a specific manufacturer for the most.

Good luck and I sure do hope mine comes in soon. It is here as of yesterday at the dealer.....they are setting it up and making sure the air cleaner fix has been done to it that I found out here on the forum that plagues the 1025R.
    I had to wait almost a full month for mine. The more sweeter though when you finally get it. Have fun
    jdforever and msheron like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    I had to wait almost a full month for mine. The more sweeter though when you finally get it. Have fun
    It is like a teaser I guess for the GM of the dealership who I dealt with to call and say, "Hey, your 1025R is here and we are going to mount the mowing deck and set it up and make sure the air filter issue has been dealt with." Then nothing since that about two days ago......LOL. Not that I can really do anything right now as my main purchase after this will be a box blade for maintaining a long gravel drive. I would just sit on it and smile ear to ear like I do with any new piece of machinery

However, I could test out the loader a bit and get use to controls and mounting and unmounting the FEL and mowing deck I guess......dang, I do need after all!

Sorry OP......didn't mean to hi-jack the thread....I am done feeling sorry for myself.
    Last edited by msheron; 06-01-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    jdforever and Oscar Leroy like this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Just got one myself. Got 6 hours on it. It’s a pretty capable little guy that works as advertise so far. Lots of customer support and they back up their product. Apples and oranges with the brand. Co worker has been running Kubota on his farm for years and they swear by it. Mainly because they have a dealer a mile away and the owner knows his grandpa etc. so they use what works for them. I had a JD 300 given to me some years ago from the in laws when they moved to Hawaii and I used the heck out of it, and it worked flawlessly for years, so I went with the green. Bonus on the attachments fitting. Looks like a no brainer. Go green and prosper my friend
    I drove the Yanmar 324 today as well. What a great tractor. I really liked it, but it was missing a bunch of features the JD had and overall didn't feel as "clean" if that makes sense. I think I mostly liked it because it was closer to the 2025 in size. Part of me feels like I'm rushing it, but the other part things that I just don't want to spend the money. I've driven and played around with tractors at all the major brand dealers in my area.

ETA: Ah, screw it. I just called and told him to wrap up the Deere.
    Last edited by Martlet; 06-01-2019 at 11:38 AM.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Congrats.....resale value is a big plus going with a JD plus they are great tractors from all those I have spoke to and if as good as my past JD mower....a winner winner chicken dinner!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements