1025R / 1023E -- remove left fender?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MacCool

Thread: 1025R / 1023E -- remove left fender?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks

1025R / 1023E -- remove left fender?

I need to install the black plastic cover from the 1025R onto the fender of my 1023E and I need to remove the black plastic handle to do that since it apparently is secured by bolting it through both fender and black plastic cover. The fuel tank appears to be blocking my ability to remove the black plastic handle so I assume I have to remove the fuel tank and fender together. The service manual illustrates how to do that but doesn't help me understand how to separate the fuel tank from the fender once I get them off.

Is there anyway to remove just the left fender without removing the fuel tank with it so that I can get to the bolts that hold the handle on so that I can in turn remove it and install the black plastic cover? Or is there some other way to get that black handle off that I'm not seeing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 12:51 PM
    Thanks

fender removal 1023 & 25R

From what I was told.

Remove the 2 bolts that are at the base of the front of the fender on the floor, then remove the bolt at the rear of the fender, just under the left rear corner of the seat.
    The fender and top cover come off as 1, then separate if needed.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samndbo View Post
    From what I was told.

Remove the 2 bolts that are at the base of the front of the fender on the floor, then remove the bolt at the rear of the fender, just under the left rear corner of the seat.
    The fender and top cover come off as 1, then separate if needed.
    Thanks, but I tried that...the fender is still held, I assume, by two bolt 11s securing the fender to bracket 10. It looks like I can get to nut 12 easily without removing the wheel. I haven't been back to it, but I suspect that I can get that fender off without removing the fuel tank by removing the other fender bolts as well as nut 12 which secures bracket 10 to bracket 6.

My tractor is a 1023E. I have a pair of the black plastic covers with fender light brackets, power outlet, harnesses etc that I want to install but I have to remove both of the fender handles to do it. Trying to find the simplest way to accomplish it and remove the fewest number of associated parts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    I think you're on the right track MacCool. I don't think the tank is physically attached to the fender, rather is supported by 6 & 7 and bolted with the same 3 bolts the fender is.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    I think you're on the right track MacCool. I don't think the tank is physically attached to the fender, rather is supported by 6 & 7 and bolted with the same 3 bolts the fender is.
    Task completed. As it turns out, the job is substantially easier if one pulls the wheel on each side. On the right, the fender doesn't have to be removed but you'd have to be a real contortionist to get to those handle bolts with the wheel on. Likewise the left side. The left fender does have to come off but the fuel tank can stay put. All-in-all, not a very difficult job, just a lot of steps. I had to re-torque the wheel bolts anyway....(90 ft-lbs turned out to be a good guess..).

etcallhome and kylew like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    Very cool. Thanks for the update. Your new lights look nice.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements