Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: New 1025r leaking front axle

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:06 AM
    Thanks

New 1025r leaking front axle

Last week I noticed a couple spots of oil on the floor in my garage under my new tractor with around 13 hours on it. Seems to be seeping from the drain bolt on the right side of the front axle and drips down onto the mower draft arm. Wondering if it's maybe a messed up crush washer under the bolt or something worse. Has anyone else had this same problem?

I'm hesitant to have the dealer come and get it because I know I'll lose it for a couple weeks by the time they fix it. With the grass growing like it is, I just can't afford that right now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks
    Keep an eye on the level until they can look at it.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,431 Posts
    I would also take a few pictures of the drops of oil for your documentation. Did you happen to put a wrench on the drain bolt to see if it was tight? If it is, I would let the service department know and as also pointed out, watch the fluid level. Did you check the fluid level to see if perhaps it was overfilled?

Another thing you can do is ask the service department to put you on their schedule and to let you know a day or two before they need to come and get the machine or have you drop it off to them. This is how I schedule with my local shop for my Zero turn and they slot me in the schedule, I keep the equipment and keep using it right up until the appointment day. Then my mower goes to their shop and gets serviced and returned the same day, instead of sitting at their place awaiting attention.

It's the most efficient use of everyone's time, their time as well as mine, plus I keep using the machine and monitoring the condition until the service appointment.

It also helps the dealer as they don't have to shuffle the mower around and in and out of the shop awaiting its repair slot to open. Sort of like a doctors appointment, show up at the designated time and then leave when done. Make sense for the service department and for me. But I have to make sure that since they are giving me the courtesy of being this flexible, I have to make sure to be ready and provide the equipment when THEY are ready for it. No excuses or no changing of the appointment, Otherwise, the courtesy of this arrangement will not be offered again.

Sure beats having to sit in the doctors office everyday for two weeks until your appointment day to be seen.......can you imagine if you had to wait at the doctors office from when the appointment was first made until you were seen? Certainly not efficient for anyone involved.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Great ideas. I'm going to call my dealer and see if they can work something like that out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I would also take a few pictures of the drops of oil for your documentation. Did you happen to put a wrench on the drain bolt to see if it was tight? If it is, I would let the service department know and as also pointed out, watch the fluid level. Did you check the fluid level to see if perhaps it was overfilled?

Another thing you can do is ask the service department to put you on their schedule and to let you know a day or two before they need to come and get the machine or have you drop it off to them. This is how I schedule with my local shop for my Zero turn and they slot me in the schedule, I keep the equipment and keep using it right up until the appointment day. Then my mower goes to their shop and gets serviced and returned the same day, instead of sitting at their place awaiting attention.

It's the most efficient use of everyone's time, their time as well as mine, plus I keep using the machine and monitoring the condition until the service appointment.

It also helps the dealer as they don't have to shuffle the mower around and in and out of the shop awaiting its repair slot to open. Sort of like a doctors appointment, show up at the designated time and then leave when done. Make sense for the service department and for me. But I have to make sure that since they are giving me the courtesy of being this flexible, I have to make sure to be ready and provide the equipment when THEY are ready for it. No excuses or no changing of the appointment, Otherwise, the courtesy of this arrangement will not be offered again.

Sure beats having to sit in the doctors office everyday for two weeks until your appointment day to be seen.......can you imagine if you had to wait at the doctors office from when the appointment was first made until you were seen? Certainly not efficient for anyone involved.
    Toughsox likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post

Should just have a field service guy come out and check it out. New machine leaking like that is either from incompetence or part failure. They should do everything they can to give HIM the courtesy of keeping his tractor running so he can keep up on the grass. This “we’re busy and will get to it soon” bs is not acceptable. If they want to keep me for a continued customer, they are going to earn those monthly payments I’m putting out for mine. If something needs to go to the shop for warranty work, something else needs to be on that trailer to mow with while they fix it.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    Are you sure its oil , Radiator overflow tube comes out in the same area.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wcr855 View Post
    Are you sure its oil , Radiator overflow tube comes out in the same area.
    Yup unfortunately I can see and feel where it's seeping out of the drain plug on the axle.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    Perhaps it is the washer like you suggested. Assuming you have given it a little nudge to be sure it is snug, it might be as easy as getting the dealer to give you a new one and do a change out. Of course you want to be quick so you don't lose much fluid.

Good thing it's not the axle seals, this happened to mine in the first few months, fortunately under warranty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8220.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	690608
    glc, Gizmo2, Tomfive and 3 others like this.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Keep in mind grass, or any other vegetation, does not like oil. It will kill it.

I do as Sulley practices. Make the appointment for first thing in the AM. I make sure it is clean and all unnecessary implements/attachments not related to the repair are removed. Once dropped off, I head to the bakery to get the service techs a box of fried rolls for the break room. You would be amazed how much good will a box of donuts buys.
    Last edited by martincom; 06-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    rtgt, firemachine69, kylew and 2 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Good advice and beautiful Daytonas! Are they yours??

Ordered the gasket for the drain plug. Gonna replace and see if that does the trick. If not, then onto plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Keep in mind grass, or any other vegetation, does not like oil. It will kill it.

I do as Sulley practices. Make the appointment for first thing in the AM. I make sure it is clean and all unnecessary implements/attachments not related to the repair are removed. Once dropped off, I head to the bakery to get the service techs a box of fried rolls for the break room. You would be amazed how much good will a box of donuts buys.
    rtgt likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast