• 2 Post By kylew
  • 5 Post By chex313

Thread: Trouble with the 1025R today

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 10:28 PM
    Thanks

Trouble with the 1025R today

Today while mowing to try and beat the rain here in East TN I pressed the PTO/RIO switch to back up and the mower deck quit working. I shut down the tractor to examine the switch and noticed that the switch was not clicking like it normally did. I had no light on the switch either. This tractor is still under warranty so I called the dealer and they said to bring it in and have them look at it. So i dropped the 1025r off today and they said it might be 1.5 weeks before they can get it in the shop. But to Meade tractors credit they gave me a loaner to mow with until my tractor is repaired .
    Has anyone else had a problem with their PTO/RIO switch?
    Gizmo2, Levi, mark02tj and 5 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    No, haven't had the problem you have but Meade was going to give me a loaner once. I turned them down as it wasn't needed at the time. The Meade I go to is in Gray, Tn.
    jdforever, PJR832 and HVACguy like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Seems to me that I've heard of the new rocker style switch having problems last year. I think a new switch fixed it. Did you do a search here on GTT?
    jdforever, SulleyBear and Toughsox like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Seems to me that I've heard of the new rocker style switch having problems last year. I think a new switch fixed it. Did you do a search here on GTT?
    Well, that explains why my PTO switch doesn't have a light either.. For a second, I was thinking......Hey, my switch doesn't have a light on it, while there is an indicator light in the dash....

Personally, I like the old style, lift yellow handle PTO switch. That has been a proven switch which has provided decades of service with very little trouble on machines from tiny to huge in size. Plus, its impossible to "accidentally turn it on" since it has to be manually lifted to engage the PTO.
    jdforever, kylew, goat704! and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Rocker switch. Should be under warranty. Call the dealer, and have them get one for you. Pull the old one off. ( YouTube vids on how to). Bring it in and free replacement. I don’t know about “holding down the button to back up”. Someone explain this procedure?
    Last edited by Kbar; 06-12-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    jdforever, Toughsox and Sportshot2 like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Agreed Sulley. My experience is those rocker switches have very little contact surface area and are held closed by the tension the rocker puts on it. More prone to failure. Where the knob style has a more 'positive engagement' and holds the contacts closed better. I'm not sure but I would bet the new style switch could be replaced with the old style. I'd bet the dash cutout and the harness connectors are the same, or could be made to work.
    jdforever and Toughsox like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Rocker switch. Should be under warranty. Call the dealer, and have them get one for you. Pull the old one off. ( YouTube vids on how to). Bring it in and free replacement. I don’t know about “holding down the button to back up”. Someone explain this procedure?
    Its done for the first half hour of owning the tractor till one fixes it...
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements