Remove support handle of left fender?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By martincom

Thread: Remove support handle of left fender?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks

Remove support handle of left fender?

Anyone know a way to remove the handle on the left fender (circled) on a 1023E/1025R without removing the fender and the fuel tank? Do I have to remove the wheel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Probably not the information you want to hear. I've attached the Left Fender R & R, from the service manual.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kennyd, kylew and MacCool like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Don't know for sure but you might be able too. It's held in by #10 bracket which is held by #12 nut. That nut is accessible without taking the wheel off. You'll have to take out the 5 bolts holding the left hand floor board, might be easier to remove the floor board entirely. Might want to also remove the close out panel around the range select lever for more wiggle room. You'll have to deal with the wire harness for the fender work light if you have that also.

It's worth a try. The tech manual doesn't say how to remove the handle, just how to remove the fender and fuel tank.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Probably not the information you want to hear. I've attached the Left Fender R & R, from the service manual.
    Thanks. Yeah, I saw that in the service manual but noted that it was about removing the fuel tank rather than just the fender. I'm wondering if, as Kylew noted above, I can remove just the fender by unbolting bolt labeled "12" and remove the support labeled "10", along with the floorboard bolts and the rear support bolt and slide the whole fender off leaving the fuel tank in place. The money shot would be if I could access the two bolts labeled "11" directly and just remove the handle that way. I don't mind pulling the wheel. I have to re-torque the wheel bolts anyway.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements