Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DennisM

Thread: Front PTO kit bearing flang lock nuts

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 02:51 AM
    Thanks

Front PTO kit bearing flang lock nuts

Last winter I found a nut after snow blowing the yard. I looked all over the tractor and blower trying to find where the nut had come from. Well I missed it.
    Yesterday I found it when I had to move the PTO unit. The bottom bolt was missing a nut. How the carriage bolt stayed in there through the winter is beyond me.
    All the M10 lock nuts on the front and back bearing flanges were not that tight. I took them all of and put lock tight on all the bolts.

Just something I though I should pass on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    kylew likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    These cap screws and nuts are supposed to be flange bolts and flange nuts. They actually should stay tight without lock-tite. Did the person who assembled yours actually use flange bolts and nuts?
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements