• 2 Post By NotYourGrandfathersDeere
  • 1 Post By Toughsox

Thread: 1025R Lights

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-27-2019 @ 07:40 PM
    Thanks

Cool 1025R Lights

Just purchased a new 1025R two weeks ago. The fender lights just stopped working. Checked all fuses and they check ok. Has anyone experienced this problem? I would appreciate any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem. I don`t have a wiring diagram for the tractor, any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Thanks
    Wiring diagrams ( a lot of them ) are in the 1025R technical manual. If both lights aren't working and you're sure the fuse is okay, the most likely culprit is the switch. Sometimes the contacts on a rotary switch get dirty when they are infrequently used. Try rotating the switch back and forth, stop to stop, about 10 times. This can clean the contacts.

I know the tech manuals are expensive, but you will want one if you want to tackle problems like this one on your own. I've done a lot of work on the electrical system of the tractor and I can't imagine doing it without the diagrams.
    Traction, Jep, Drifterbike and 2 others like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 12:21 AM
    Thanks
    When I first brought home my tractor the lights would act flaky; sometimes they worked fine and sometimes they would flicker or not turn on at all. I replaced the switch and the new switch acted just as bad.

I was given the same advice that Keane has provided; cycle the switch full on to full off ten times to clean the contacts. This corrected the issue and I havenít had any problems since.
    keane, kylew and Toughsox like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Who knows how long they spend the first part of their lives in parking lots with rain, snow, and whatever Mother Nature stirs up. I found rust on parts of my loader and Iíve only put one payment on it so far. And I store it in my garage. I made the dealer give me some touch up paint. Make them replace the switch
    kylew and Toughsox like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks

1025R, 1026R & 1023E Wiring Diagram

The attached is for tractors up through 2017. I know they changed slightly in 2018, but these should be very close.

I'd check for voltage at the fuse, F04, with the light switch on. If you have voltage there, it is likely a wiring problem. If you don't, likely the switch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Drifterbike, kylew and Kbar like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Thanks
    As I recall from adding rear facing lights to the field light circuit- rops work lights, rear facing lights are fed from wiring fed into the cavity of the rops bars. At the base of each, these harnesses connect via bullet connectors- unprotected by looming- and exposed to much activity down at that level (like seats just past the foul line fencing). I'd check for unsecured connectors- ask me how I know.
    kylew likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard9236 View Post
    Just purchased a new 1025R two weeks ago. The fender lights just stopped working. Checked all fuses and they check ok. Has anyone experienced this problem? I would appreciate any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem. I don`t have a wiring diagram for the tractor, any ideas?
    The fender light harnesses end with these waterproof connectors, not the bullet connectors. IIUC, the bullet connectors run the rear work lights (if installed), although they are part of the same circuit run by the dash lighting switch. The harness/connector on the left is a two-pin connector that only goes to the left fender light. The one on the right is a three-pin connector that goes to both the right fender light and the auxilliary 12v power port on the right fender.

kylew likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks
    I'd do the easy fixes that everyone is suggesting but if there is a more major fix involved I'm with Kbar, if it's under warrantee it's not your responsibility to fix. If it's really new they will probably send someone out to your place to fix it. If not, and they want to charge you for a service call or pick up, just add it to the list of things that you want addressed when it's time to send it to the dealer. Good luck.
    kylew and Kbar like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Im gonna be THAT GUY and ask......have you tried replacing the bulbs first? I know it sounds simple but, sometimes thats the easiest solution.
    Could be one bulb has been out for awhile and you didn't notice it but then the other one went out and you go 'hey, my lights arent working' Trust me, it DOES happen.
    keane likes this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements