Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2019 1025R Mower Height Control

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks

2019 1025R Mower Height Control

Just purchased a 2019 1025R with 54" drive over deck and mechanical lift. I can't figure out how to lock the deck in the "up" position so that it does not move with the 3 pt hitch. Height control knob no longer has a padlock icon on it as shown in the operators manual. Thanks for any insight.
    FldTrlr

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FldTrlr View Post
    Just purchased a 2019 1025R with 54" drive over deck and mechanical lift. I can't figure out how to lock the deck in the "up" position so that it does not move with the 3 pt hitch. Height control knob no longer has a padlock icon on it as shown in the operators manual. Thanks for any insight.
    FldTrlr
    I don't think you can. That's why I got the optional independent hydraulic lift to separate the two functions. Did it ever actually lock on the older models, or do they still have the same stepped cam system and just changed the label to read "4" instead of "padlock" for the highest position? I know on mine, you can turn the dial in either left or right direction to get back to the sitting on the ground mark.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 07-04-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    I don't think you can. That's why I got the optional independent hydraulic lift to separate the two functions. Did it ever actually lock on the older models, or do they still have the same stepped cam system and just changed the label to read "4" instead of "padlock" for the highest position? I know on mine, you can turn the dial in either left or right direction to get back to the sitting on the ground mark.
    Yes, of course you can lock it in the up position, and yes it uses a stepped cam.

My understanding of the "Independent Lift" is that it lifts only while the button is pressed. When you release, the deck drops - you still need to use the stepped cam to hold the deck up. For contrast, with the "Mechanical Lift" you actually do not need to use the stepped cam to keep the deck up, you can use the position control lever. However if you want to use the 3pt and keep the deck up then you just lock it in the up position using the cam, same as you have to do with the "Independent Lift". I don't see how the independent lift is a benefit here.
    romcjr likes this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    Yes, of course you can lock it in the up position, and yes it uses a stepped cam.

My understanding of the "Independent Lift" is that it lifts only while the button is pressed. When you release, the deck drops - you still need to use the stepped cam to hold the deck up. For contrast, with the "Mechanical Lift" you actually do not need to use the stepped cam to keep the deck up, you can use the position control lever. However if you want to use the 3pt and keep the deck up then you just lock it in the up position using the cam, same as you have to do with the "Independent Lift". I don't see how the independent lift is a benefit here.
    I understand that. Setting aside the hydraulic lift. My question is, what if anything is different with the control knob labeled with a padlock symbol on it compared to the new ones with a 4 in the same spot? Is there, or was there something else changed along with the label?
    Last edited by jimmylh; 07-04-2019 at 09:42 PM.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks
    I can’t turn mine to the 4 position. It stops at about 3-3.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    I don't think there has been a change to the stepped cam. If you cannot turn the cam to all positions then the mower deck is probably not set up correctly. See this thread for details on how to adjust the deck.
    Last edited by W9GFO; 07-04-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    gtmedic and kylew like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    I don't think there has been a change to the stepped cam.
    That's what I was thinking. So what ever system is being used no matter what the label says, that is the highest position the deck will rest at with no other pressure holding it up. So my question would be to the OP, what expectation is he looking for? Does he want it to be physically locked and can't be moved either up or down regardless of the three point position? Is this with the deck on or off the tractor as in is he wanting the pto drive shaft locked and tucked up? Why does he need it to be locked? My definition of a locked deck would be it cannot be moved up or down with any other means on the tractor, regardless of mechanical lift, hydraulic or other wise. I assume there is still a little up and down deck movement left even with the control knob in the highest position. It is on mine so you can take the pressure off the cams so you can turn the knob. Is that what he wants to eliminate? Hopefully the OP will get back and give us more information.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 07-04-2019 at 10:15 PM.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmedic View Post
    I can’t turn mine to the 4 position. It stops at about 3-3.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On mine, I can turn the knob all the way up to 4. I can keep turning the knob clockwise past 4 and it will go to the install position and drop the deck to the ground. I looked underneath at the cam and there is nothing to stop the deck from going past the highest position cam. Look at yours and see if there is still another cam left. If so, something some where must be binding.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    I assume there is still a little up and down deck movement left even with the control knob in the highest position.

Correct. On my "old" 1026R with mechanical lift, turning the dial to the lock position still results in the MMM going down just a bit when adjusting the 3PH. If that is a big deal for some, perhaps removing the MMM is the best option, and not too difficult to do. Also, I occasionally spray a bit of lubricate down under the MMM adjustment knob when it becomes hard to turn, that always loosens it up good.
    jimmylh likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Correct. On my "old" 1026R with mechanical lift, turning the dial to the lock position still results in the MMM going down just a bit when adjusting the 3PH. If that is a big deal for some, perhaps removing the MMM is the best option, and not too difficult to do. Also, I occasionally spray a bit of lubricate down under the MMM adjustment knob when it becomes hard to turn, that always loosens it up good.
    So let me ask you what you think. Yours has a padlock symbol? If so, am I correct in assuming it's not really "locked" to anything, the deck is just resting at it's highest position when dialed to the padlock position just as it would be resting at any other spot set on the dial? If my assumption is correct, perhaps that why they changed the label just to indicate numbers, using a 4 as the highest spot. Perhaps the padlock symbol was creating confusion thinking the deck is locked solid as if a pin was sliding into place?
    Last edited by jimmylh; 07-05-2019 at 07:27 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast