1025r lengths with attachments (no backhoe)
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmylh
  • 1 Post By swiver
  • 2 Post By Oscar Leroy
  • 2 Post By BigJim55
  • 2 Post By Ray_PA
  • 1 Post By 9MMMAC
  • 1 Post By jimmylh
  • 1 Post By jdforever

Thread: 1025r lengths with attachments (no backhoe)

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks

1025r lengths with attachments (no backhoe)

It seems like 99% of the 1025r length threads and for TLB. I do not have a backhoe and am looking for a trailer. I am nowhere near my 1025r for the foreseeable future, otherwise I would do this myself.

If someone could provide the following lengths it would be greatly appreciated:

1) Tip of loader bucket to end of ballast box.
    2) tip of loader to end of rotary mower.
    3) tip of front suitcase weights to end of rotary mower.

Thanks in advance!
    2018 1025r

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swiver View Post
    It seems like 99% of the 1025r length threads and for TLB. I do not have a backhoe and am looking for a trailer. I am nowhere near my 1025r for the foreseeable future, otherwise I would do this myself.

Thanks in advance!
    Don't buy a trailer less than 16 ft. An 18 footer will give you all the room you'd ever need. I could give you measurements, but I don't have anything mounted to the tractor at this moment.
    jdforever likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    Don't buy a trailer less than 16 ft.
    That's what I was afraid of. So much for this great deal of a 14 footer
    jdforever likes this.
    2018 1025r

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks
    I haven't measured, but based on my pole barn dimensions I'd say the tractor, FEL, and RC2048 rotary cutter together are around 18 ft.
    jdforever and kylew like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,099 Posts
    i have a 16fter-and i have a 2520-if i load the brush hog with the loader on, in order to shut the gate, i have to haul it with the loader in the air, now i don't go very far, but still.

so last spring my boy found a 18 ft car hauler---was way nicer, no rails on the sides, no gate on the rear, but i hated to drag them ramps out from underneath the trailer each time i hauled something, so the boy decided to make a set of fold up ramps--with helper springs on them too. they are still laying their in pieces-oh.

he then thought we should turn the boards upside down, make a tool box(my idea-every trailer should have a tool box) i wanted rub rails on it, so he welded them on, but didn't install anymore stake pockets. well that didn't sit well with me, so................the rebuild had stalled since late last fall. i just looked at it today, sitting there waiting on it to be finished.

if u got the truck to haul it-go to town and buy urself a 20 ft tilt deck, i'm about there myself. no worries then for sure
    jdforever and kylew like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 14’ trailer. To haul the tractor with the FEL and BH mounted, the BH has to be swing off to the side or leave the bucket in the air. If you plan to haul fits with the FEL and brush hog, you are going to need an 18’ trailer, for sure nothing less than 16’. I have mine but if I replace it, I will go with 18’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 and jdforever like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    Isn't a std. garage 20' deep? I have a 16' and it's close, but the door will go up and down but I have to step over the tongue. Plus, a longer trailer will tow better. I wouldn't want a single axle trailer either.
    jdforever likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post
    I I wouldn't want a single axle trailer either.
    Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything less than a two 3500 lb axle trailer for towing a tractor, especially if it has a loader and 3 point attachment.
    jdforever likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks

Thanks in advance!
    Swiver,

Just measured mine for you. With the bucket curled all the way up and resting on the ground, it measures exactly 13' 1" from tip of bucket to end of ballast box. As you can see, that measurement includes a JD iMatch.

When I have my box blade and bucket attached, I can fit the rig on my 14' Sure-Trac with 1" to spare. That being said, as others are saying, you probably need at least an 18" trailer when transporting with your rotary mower and bucket attached.

Hope this helps in your decision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190722_131545.jpg  
    Last edited by jdforever; 07-22-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Ray_PA likes this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements