• 1 Post By keane
  • 3 Post By Zeke_in_SC

Thread: Neutral Safety Switch Location - 1025R help

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 12:33 PM
    Thanks

Neutral Safety Switch Location - 1025R help

I've got the dreaded "Shift to Neut" message that won't go away and let me start my 1025R. I've been searching and reading and I found this image. I'm a little stuck on finding it. Do I need to be under the tractor or behind it? One problem I'm having is my 60D MMM is attached making it hard to look underneath.

What do I need to do to access this switch with the 60D MMM attached and no hydraulics to remove it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neutral Switch Location.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	696638
    2015 JD 1025R TLB-Setup (Dealer Installed Backhoe & Power Beyond)
    H120 Loader & 260 Backhoe
    60D MMM with Auto Connect & Ind. Hydraulic Lift
    JD I-match Quick Hitch
    Agri Supply CGR-48 Tiller (77709) & 48" Clamp on Debris Fork (87636)
    Yard Tuff 3-Pt. Plug Aerator (Northern Tool)
    42" Titan Forks w/ 2" Trailer Receiver
    HH Toothbar, Rear 2" Rec. Hitch Plate & 3-in-1 Trailer Tow Hitch
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Seat Springs, Differential Lock Pedal Ext.
    JD Forward Lighting Kit & Rear Work Light

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke_in_SC View Post
    I've got the dreaded "Shift to Neut" message that won't go away and let me start my 1025R. I've been searching and reading and I found this image. I'm a little stuck on finding it. Do I need to be under the tractor or behind it? One problem I'm having is my 60D MMM is attached making it hard to look underneath.

What do I need to do to access this switch with the 60D MMM attached and no hydraulics to remove it?

You need to be under the tractor as that connector is in FRONT of the transaxle housing near the hydraulic oil filter. Getting in there with the deck attached is definitely going to be tight.

According to the photo it is located between where the front MFWD drive shaft and MMM drive shaft attaches.
    Last edited by jgayman; 07-22-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    kylew likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    It's on the front of the trans, above the deck. You may be able lift the deck so you can turn the height adjust to "install" then lower the deck.

See my post #4 in this thread. I have pictures of it, to show location, plus link to another thread where you can get more info on replacing it.

Bypass neutral safety switch
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks
    A friend has a 1023e. He only mows with his, so it sits all winter. This spring he got the "shift to neutral" message, even though it was in neutral. He held the key in "start" and just started moving the lever back and forth, a little harder each time, until it the engine cranked. Then he tried leaving the lever in neutral and it started. It has been starting all summer. I told him buy the switch and have it on hand. His switch freed up. You might also be able to remove the switch and free it up off the tractor.
    kylew likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    You will probably need to get your deck off. I once lost my lift capability and was able to lift it with a couple of floor jacks, one on each side. After you get it in the install position, you'll need to unlock the deck. Then you'll need something to pull the tractor off the deck. You'll want someone on the tractor to use the brake if necessary. I don't think I could get to the area in question with the deck in place. You might get access by pulling the floorboards and other cowling pieces and coming in from the top.
    kylew likes this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 05:36 PM
    Thanks
    Mine came unplugged Saturday evening it's on the bottom of the transmisson. I happened to see the plug dangling under the tractor on the loader control side. I had to jump it out because I couldn't see where to plug it in with the mower connected. This is a really bad design. I have an LT160 with a hydrostatic transmission and all you have to do is push the brake to start it or lock the brake to get off while it's running much better design. It's 16 years old with over 5000 hours with no issues. This safety switch issue seems really common, I wonder if there some kind of guard I could put around it like a piece of sheet metal or screen or maybe duct tape.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Turns out mine just came off.

I started by trying to lift the deck in order to lower it, but I didn't figure out how to unlock it. I have the hydraulic lift button, don't know if that makes a difference. Anyway, I decided I'd try to find it in order to run the jumper wire to get the tractor started and remove the deck. With the help of the pictures above and the other posts I knew where it was in reference to the MMM PTO shaft so I felt around from behind and underneath the tractor. I recognized the plug on the neutral safety switch and I realized there was nothing attached to it. I felt a little more and found the dangling wire. A little more feel and I was able to connect it and then start the tractor.

I'm going to order the safety switch and have it on hand. That should assure that I'll never have to change it.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance...in this post and others.
    jgayman, 9MMMAC and kylew like this.
    JD I-match Quick Hitch

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeke_in_SC For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (07-24-2019), jgayman (07-23-2019)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Good to hear you got 'er running. Maybe a couple zip ties will help keep it on better.

If you're getting a switch, get an o-ring also....and a 22mm deep socket....and a couple quarts of hydro fluid. Then you'll be ready
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Good to hear you got 'er running. Maybe a couple zip ties will help keep it on better.

If you're getting a switch, get an o-ring also....and a 22mm deep socket....and a couple quarts of hydro fluid. Then you'll be ready
    Yea, it was raining last night so I just rode a small circle and put it back. When I get some time I'll probably take the mower deck off and get a better look and see if I can secure it better.
    JD I-match Quick Hitch

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements