I have my new 1026R, got it today
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I have my new 1026R, got it today

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-31-2019 @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks

I have my new 1026R, got it today

Well my 1026R finally arrived today. I'm sorry, I waited in the front yard today and looked out the window waiting for Santa Claus. What a beauty as it drove off the trailer. I have a 60" mm deck, 48" box blade and the bucket. The salesman showed me all the controls and demonstrated the bucket removal. The box blade with the quick hitch came off nice. The 60" deck was a bit stubborn on removal. I had the salesman remount the deck and the issues started..... We could not get the deck to remount. They had a mechanic come by in about 2 hrs. This gave me time to play with the bucket.
    We could not get the quick connect on the deck to work. The deck had a bolt on the front mounting arm that rubbed through the beautiful green paint.
    MM stands for Mickey Mouse on the deck. We loaded it in the mechanics pickup for a trip to the dealer. They said maybe you will have to assist the mounting of the deck by pulling it on. I told them to watch the JD video to understand my requirements on deck mounting and removal! I could buy a Massey if I wanted to struggle with a deck. I hope the deck turns out and they get it straight with JD. I will keep you posted. I put 4 hrs on the unit today. I was happy with the bucket and box blade. I removed some old stumps, pushed about 7 pickup loads of wood and saved lives. Kidding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks

Waiting for the 60" auto-connect deck

Quote Originally Posted by Goodscout View Post
    Well my 1026R finally arrived today. I'm sorry, I waited in the front yard today and looked out the window waiting for Santa Claus. What a beauty as it drove off the trailer. I have a 60" mm deck, 48" box blade and the bucket. The salesman showed me all the controls and demonstrated the bucket removal. The box blade with the quick hitch came off nice. The 60" deck was a bit stubborn on removal. I had the salesman remount the deck and the issues started..... We could not get the deck to remount. They had a mechanic come by in about 2 hrs. This gave me time to play with the bucket.
    We could not get the quick connect on the deck to work. The deck had a bolt on the front mounting arm that rubbed through the beautiful green paint.
    MM stands for Mickey Mouse on the deck. We loaded it in the mechanics pickup for a trip to the dealer. They said maybe you will have to assist the mounting of the deck by pulling it on. I told them to watch the JD video to understand my requirements on deck mounting and removal! I could buy a Massey if I wanted to struggle with a deck. I hope the deck turns out and they get it straight with JD. I will keep you posted. I put 4 hrs on the unit today. I was happy with the bucket and box blade. I removed some old stumps, pushed about 7 pickup loads of wood and saved lives. Kidding.
    Enjoying my 1026R, too... have put about 15-hours on it... on a JD 647 rotary tiller, and disk. Really nice machine.

Not good to here about troubles with the auto-connect mower... mine is due into the dealer any day.. please keep us up-to-date on how the dealer resolves the problem. I am with you: The auto-connecting mower is a selling point for this tractor, so, it best work!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-01-2013 @ 10:15 PM
    Thanks
    im sure the dealer will figure the whole deck thing out
    John Deere x320
    48" xtra cutting system
    44" front blade w/ angle kit

John Deere 455
    60" commercial deck
    54" plow

John Deere 4720
    400CX Loader
    Frontier Loader Mounted Snow Plow
    12.5 FT Frontier Hitch Mounted Finish Mower

John Deere 332D Skidsteer

Mowers Only: John Deere 1545, John Deere Z925A MOD

Work Horses:625I Gator, Gator 855D
    With the gatorpal pressure washer, and Powertach snowblade, poly roof/ windshield

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 08:54 AM
    Thanks

Waiting also

I ordered the 1026R with a 54" auto connect deck last week. I spoke to my dealer today and he said the deck made it in today and he should have it to me by the middle of next week. I've been using an LA145 riding mower to cut grass for the past year and it can't handle the terrain I have. I hope I don't have any problems with the deck, but I can't wait to use it.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-06-2018 @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats! Oh, and this thread needs pics.
    2003 JD 4110, FEL, 60"MMM, 54" Blade, 46 Backhoe, MCS, BB2060
    1989 JD 332, 50"MMM

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,074 Times in 2,540 Posts
    Congrats! They will get it figured out...I am sure it's just a setup issue. The dealers are well known for not doing the proper setup and leveling of MMM's. Once it is working properly it should be trouble free.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-22-2015 @ 10:18 AM
    Thanks
    I agree with Kenny. It just needs adjustmemt. My 1023 has the 60 quick connect, and it goes on and off beautifully. The only thing that ever hangs up occasionally is the silver locking release by the lift arms underneath (minor).
    It cuts beautifully!

Your dealer will get it straight for you, and you will not be disappointed.
    Keep us posted on the fix...
    Last edited by shock-n-awe; 08-05-2011 at 10:02 AM.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

Pics of my 1026R

I hope you can view the pictures of my 1026R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.JPG   0002.JPG   0004.JPG   0005.JPG  

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

1026R Deck

When your deck arrives, let me know how it connects and disconnects. The operators manual pictures and my deck were a little different. Wonder if they are having deck issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangary View Post
    Enjoying my 1026R, too... have put about 15-hours on it... on a JD 647 rotary tiller, and disk. Really nice machine.

Not good to here about troubles with the auto-connect mower... mine is due into the dealer any day.. please keep us up-to-date on how the dealer resolves the problem. I am with you: The auto-connecting mower is a selling point for this tractor, so, it best work!

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-08-2012 @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodscout View Post
    Great looking tractor. I'm new to the site and have a question. What size of bucket did you get? I can not decide on a 49" or 53".

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast