TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison

1. Top | #21

Last Online
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks
    I really like the comparisons of tractors by TTWT. No doubt there are pros and cons, however I think the biggest suggest for Kubota is their marketing plan. Deere and Kubota are totally opposites. Deere closed their small dealerships and required regional type consolidation. Kubota opened dealerships in small town and I think this is the uptake of their success.
    jdforever and Tractor Tim like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    I really like the comparisons of tractors by TTWT. No doubt there are pros and cons, however I think the biggest suggest for Kubota is their marketing plan. Deere and Kubota are totally opposites. Deere closed their small dealerships and required regional type consolidation. Kubota opened dealerships in small town and I think this is the uptake of their success.
    In my area the small kubota dealers have been bought out by conglomerates.
    Tractor Tim likes this.

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    08-01-2019 @ 08:36 AM
    Thanks
    A bit off topic but I thought I'd share. Last month the county put water lines down our rural street and I told the contractors that I could use all the soil I could get so feel free to just dump it all along my road frontage and I'd take care of moving it with my 1025 FEL. They left me around 60 - 80 yards of soil (mountains of it) so I was out there for quite a while moving it all oven my property. One Sunday I was moving soil and a few of the neighbors stopped to chat while my trusty tractor idled away with a heaping load of dirt in the bucket. Then I see my next door neighbor coming down the road from his mother in laws house driving his BX18 (Kubota 18 hp) complete with FEL. In his loader bucket was one single item. A woman's purse. Quite the roar of laughter went up when he drove past us and the comparisons between or two tractors was mentioned by all.

Poor Ben stopped and explained that his wife asked him to drive his tractor down the her parents house in order to "move some soil around" but it was just a ruse as she wanted him to merely retrieve the purse she had left there the previous night. But the beefy, well worked 1025 and the little purse carrying BX18 briefly stood in comparison much to everyone's amusement....

2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    In my area the small kubota dealers have been bought out by conglomerates.
    The economies of the business are driving this. I looked extensively in the last two years at buying a Kubota dealership, which I seriously investigated, simply because our area is terribly under served and I feel there is a real opportunity. The local dealer was a complete ***hole but now that he is dead, I won't speak poorly of him. He was the reason many didn't buy Kubota. Frankly, you had to persevere to be a local Kubota product owner, or drive 60 miles to another dealer.......

My decision turned out to be that I didn't want to tie up the $3+ million it was going to take to establish the dealership, based upon the margins of and return on a single location operation. To be totally honest, I can make more money with the capital without the risk and headache and that was the final deciding factor for me. I have owned a variety of businesses over the years and I look at this simply from the investment perspective, which is largely how it has to be looked at. After all, if you need outside capital or would need to establish a bank loan relationship, that is precisely how they would assess their involvement decisions.

Since I made this decision, several things have changed with the company who ended up purchasing the local dealership and it doesn't appear as if this chapter of the story has really closed.

There is no question that multiple locations give you a serious economic advantage when operating these businesses. There comes a time when the actual net return on your invested capital needs to be carefully considered and its really about return on capital assets and risk management, as much as it is about being in the tractor business. I wouldn't have considered this, and spent the time to carefully review the opportunity, if I thought Kubota was an inferior product.

The simple reality is the single location operation is not only at a disadvantage to the larger "groups", but the tractor companies also realize their cost of business in dealing with more locations and more dealership owners to realize their sales volume also isn't their future. There is a bottom line number where the smaller dealership is merely providing the owner with a job, verses being a long term viable business opportunity. Reality is only the largest single operation locations have long term economic viability at this point and even that is under tremendous pressure and this consolidation into ownership groups is going to continue, whether the customer likes it or not. It's a matter of economic survival...............
    rydplrs, Jep, EBhunts and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #25
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    Then I see my next door neighbor coming down the road from his mother in laws house driving his BX18 (Kubota 18 hp) complete with FEL. In his loader bucket was one single item. A woman's purse. Quite the roar of laughter went up when he drove past us and the comparisons between or two tractors was mentioned by all.

Poor Ben stopped and explained that his wife asked him to drive his tractor down the her parents house in order to "move some soil around" but it was just a ruse as she wanted him to merely retrieve the purse she had left there the previous night. But the beefy, well worked 1025 and the little purse carrying BX18 briefly stood in comparison much to everyone's amusement....

Next time, he would be better off wearing it on his arm..........Poor guy......Hope it at least went with his outfit......
    rydplrs, mark02tj, EVT and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #26

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    The lack of position control on the BX 3ph is a problem for me.

He doesn't talk about the FELs. The FEL on the 1025R gen 1 is VERY unreliable. I NEVER ever tried loading something into the side of the bed of my pickup with the 1025R FEL. Could not trust it. It would sometimes dump when not intended.

The 1025R's hydraulic cooler is in front of the radiator where it should be. He doesn't mention on this BX, but I think on all BXs that the cooler and fan are located underneath where they can get damaged. There are some pans you can install to protect them on the BX. Not sure whether available from the factory or not.

It's possible (because I did it) to kick the fuel shutoff valve closed on the 1025R. Don't know whether this can be done on the BX.

Idle speed on the 1025R gen 1 is a ridiculous 1600 or so rpm, and ROUGH. Think it's 1000 on the BX, much more civilized.

Ralph

9. Top | #27

Last Online
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Thanks
    Didn't reply on YT, but for me I really like the plastic JD hood and side panels. Also, my buddy's BIL has a Kubota BX- he says a few cuss words hooking up his rear mower. It's really tight back there and he doesn't like it; says the bigger JD's (1-series) are much better to work with.

I think the JD is gonna slay the Kubota with FEL and belly mower hookup.
    Tractor Tim likes this.

10. Top | #28
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphVa View Post

He doesn't talk about the FELs. The FEL on the 1025R gen 1 is VERY unreliable. I NEVER ever tried loading something into the side of the bed of my pickup with the 1025R FEL. Could not trust it. It would sometimes dump when not intended.

The 1025R's hydraulic cooler is in front of the radiator where it should be. He doesn't mention on this BX, but I think on all BXs that the cooler and fan are located underneath where they can get damaged. There are some pans you can install to protect them on the BX. Not sure whether available from the factory or not.

It's possible (because I did it) to kick the fuel shutoff valve closed on the 1025R. Don't know whether this can be done on the BX.

Idle speed on the 1025R gen 1 is a ridiculous 1600 or so rpm, and ROUGH. Think it's 1000 on the BX, much more civilized.

Ralph
    Be patient. This is part one of many comparison videos of which I'm sure Tim will cover.
    jdforever and Tractor Tim like this.
    -2017 2032R, Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

11. Top | #29
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphVa View Post

Ralph
    We’ll get to most of this Ralph. However, we will not discuss the old ‘dump when it should curl’ issue. That has been fixed for years now.

The new bx idles similar rpm to 1025r
    chex313 and jdforever like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

12. Top | #30
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 AM
    Thanks
    I'd like to see some usage videos. Maybe some mowing, back blading/tilling/plowing, some front mounted chores, just stuff folks buy these little tractors for. And great start for a video series pal! I enjoyed your Video Tim and viewers appreciate you taking time to do them. Thanks!
    Tractor Tim likes this.
    Wildbill
    1023e
    RB5060L rear blade
    SS1023B broadcast spreader
    “54 Quick Attach Snow Blade
    “54 Quick Attach Mower Deck
    Homemade Carryall
    With overtime money more to come!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements